By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiiiiii SHOPPING!!!

Basically, for Christmas, i got about $300 in gift cards and cash. I know some people don't think much of gift cards, but i can always buy something and then return it for cash. TVs are usually pretty good for that, cause you can usually just tell them that it doesn't fit in the space you have available for it. They can't really refuse it if it's unopened.

I'm planning on doing most of my shopping on ebay, but if anyone knows of a better place, or wants to sell to me directly, I'm good for that too.

$50 of this is going to be reserved for Smash Bros Brawl. Period.

Right now, I've got my eyes on Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, and Trauma Center: New Blood. I also am looking at No More Heroes, when that finally comes out. I wouldn't mind picking up Wii Play, but I'm really don't need the Wiimote, I just want the game.

I'm also looking at Worms: Open Warefare 2 for DS, but I was wondering if it had a DS download play option, so that i can play against my sister without her needing a cart of her own.

Do any of these games have kinda low replay value? I played thief: deadly shadows on gametap and beat it in about 5 days. It was an excellent game, practically couldn't stop playing it that first time, but since then I just haven't been able to bring myself to play it for more than 10 minutes. That would have been really lame if i had actually bought it, but it would have been great to rent.

Oh, and do people have any other game recommendations? I already have Zelda Twilight Princess, and I just am not totally sold on Mario Galaxy right now. I think I can wait a while to get that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

you actually want wii play for the game?? dude, if you don't absolutely need a wiimote why would you ever get wiiplay. it costs 10 dollars on top of the wiimote but if you compare it to other wii things that cost 10 dollars or less like the VC games then wii play is worth about 4 dollars because the tanks game is pretty fun. but its the type of game i feel like should be the internet for free to play anytime on a computer. anyhoo. go nuts, all the other wii games you mentioned are superb. actually i don't know about trauma center but i thought the first one was pretty cool so new blood is probably better.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

You aren't sold on galaxy, but want WiiPlay for the game? I'm not even going to try and suggest.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

dont get wiiplay just for the game wait and buy it when u need a wii mote

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

wiiplay is not good

Around the Network

I just recieved Metroid Prime and so far its really amazing. Not just the shootem up parts either. Everything is voice acted pretty well and when your in your ship you control Samus' hand to push buttons and operate your radio and destination and stuff. Just tons of fun so far. (im only about 3 hours in right now). Also from my understanding there is a better ending if you collect a certain percentage of things throughout the game so that might be incentive for at least a little replay value.

If you dont mind Strategy RPGs then Fire Emblem is a really good choice too. Unless you played the Gamecube one and got sick of it cause there are a lot of similarities. I havnt finished it yet but if its like the Gamecube one itll have quite a few unlockables and secret characters and stuff so i think the replay value could be quite high if you like this kind of game.

I thought Trauma Center was a really solid game the first time through but didnt have much drive to replay that one at all.

I havnt played Zack and Wiki (yet) but from the gameplay footage ive seen it looks like a pretty solid game. Again i dont know about replay value but definately look into this one more if it really interests you. I know there are quite a few members on the site that have opened threads about this game so maybe check out one of the threads and PM a few people asking about it.

If you dont mind the presentation of Super Mario RPG (you didnt mention it so im assuming you havnt tried this one) it was really good. A decent length story mode with lots of variety to keep you interested (4 characters with different abilities and many many side quests). There is lots to do after you finish the game but its mostly either collecting items to complete sets of things or doing the 100 floor dungeons, so it can be pretty tedious if your not into that.

Guitar Hero III for the Wii was pretty sweet too. The online works really well and was a lot of fun so that was a huge replay factor for myself. If you like the track listing on the game youll probably enjoy it a lot.

Also since it sounds like you have some money to burn i would suggest picking up a Wii Points card or two. Tons of great games to download and more are always coming.

You can PM me too if you have any more specific questions about the games ive mentioned (except zack and wiki) or any other wii games because ive finished quite a lot of them.

wiiplay is awesome, but i gurehighwaystar101 said:
wiiplay is not good

wiiplay is awesome but i guess not for everyone.

Grey Acumen said:

I wouldn't mind picking up Wii Play, but I'm really don't need the Wiimote, I just want the game.

I just am not totally sold on Mario Galaxy right now.

*head asploads*

Mario Galaxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(this goes on forever)Wii Play 

You lucky bastard, I got $20.00 and a bunch of cloths..

mM
leo-j said:
You lucky bastard, I got $20.00 and a bunch of cloths..

Who gets cloths? I thought clothes were bad.....

lol! j/k leo. :-p