By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overdue Sequels: Make your list!!!

shadowrun from the snes, awesome cyberpunk game, any 1 else remember it?

Around the Network

Hmm along with Eternal Darkness:

Geist

The concept for the game was amazing.  I think with a little more time spent on it and the wiimote of course this game could be amazing.  

Star Tropics (I still play it), a real Donkey Kong Country (not 3 or 64), DK Jungle Beat (best cube game ever made).

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

OriGin said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Golden Sun!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! We need to conclude the series DAMMIT. Gimme Golden Sun 3!!

No one else likes the idea of HD Sprite based Street Fighter in 2D?

Hey! better yet a golden sun for the wii.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Marvel Vs. Capcom

Okami (Won't happen with what happened to Clover and all)

Warioland (not that wario in disguise crap, something worthy of the name warioland)

Samurai Showdown

Shinobi (a good sequel)

Star Fox (a console sequel not on the DS)

Dark Cloud

Blood Omen/Soul Reaver

Rez

Darstalkers

Diablo

Starcraft

Bajo Kazooie

Warcraft

I'll stop now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Jet force Gemini

Vigalante 8

toejam and earl

A Kid Icarus Sequel but more of an adult game (so just Icarus )... imagine this game would  make a jump like Link, Mario or Samus did it with their first 3D games... it would be huge - at least.

Street Fighter in 2D with sprites - you could download it via 360 or Wii and it would just cost you as much as 10 dollars or so.

Nights - and my dreams came true lol

New Super Mario Bros. second. I loved the first game but it was way to easy. One more of the same please, but just a little harder.

Maniac Mansion - again, we´ve got Live and Virtual Console... but maybe I´d rather play it on DS.

OriGin said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Golden Sun!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! We need to conclude the series DAMMIT. Gimme Golden Sun 3!!

No one else likes the idea of HD Sprite based Street Fighter in 2D?

I have to blame myself too that i have forgotten to mention this game! but i am optimistic to see a golden sun for the wii.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

OriGin said:

Commander Keen (in any way shape or form)

Full Throttle 2

I can't believe gaming companies can't see the success of the 2D games on their online distribution networks and do stuff like this... honestly!

When I say 2D i just mean Sidescrolling it could have 3D graphics.

Seriously bring back the 2D Platformers, why the hell did the change to 3D have to get rid of the most popular genre from the 8 and 16bit gaming days? It sucks arse.

*Sigh* thinking about all these things that will NEVER happen makes me a sad panda.

Oh Yes!

a new Commander Keen 2D Adventure would be SOOO cool!! I just loved to play all those old shareware Side-scrollers back in the old days.

Also a new Duke Nukem 2d Sidescroller would be awesome.

Other Games of which I'd love to see a sequel:

Maniac Mansion - Day of the Tentacle

X-Wing - Tie Fighter Space Combat Simulation series (Please Lucasarts!!)

Mad TV 

Street Fighter 4 (Its been 8 years Capcom, there have been at least 5 or 6 Megaman series created since then and probably 30+ sequels to those series. Where the hell is my Street Fighter)

Kid Icarus (The last KI game was for the original GB)

Killer Instinct 3 (Rare will probably screw it up, if its ever made)

Lunar 3 (Probably will never happen)

Chrono Trigger 2 (See my comments on Lunar 3)

Guardian Heroes 2 (A real sequel, not that crap they threw on GBA)

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 (Only if Sega can reassemble Team Andromeda)

Shining Force 4 (Only if Camelot programs it. Only if its a REAL Shining Force game. BTW I would like to get all three chapters of Shining Force 3 in English before I die) 

Tactics Ogre 3 (Probably won't happen since Square Enix gobbled up Quest, but the first two were stellar)

Final Fantasy Tactics 2 (Although, its essentially Tactics Ogre with FF based classes, I would like to see REAL sequel to the game. FFTA was disappointing)

Phantasy Star V (Only if Overworks is reassembled. Keep Sonic Team away from it.)

Dragon Force III (I'd like to see a port of the second one as well)

Strider (Playing Ninja Gaiden for X-box made me think of how good of a game Strider could be in 3D)

Shinobi (See Strider explanation)

Cobra Triangle (Only if Rare promises not to screw it up. Very hard and excellent 3/4 view NES boat shooter)

Capcom VS. SNK 3 (Number 2 was excellent. Oh and Capcom NEW SPRITES PLEASE!!!)

Marvel VS. Capcom 3 (Won't happen because Capcom doesn't have the Marvel license and doesn't make 2D fighters any longer. If it does happen NEW SPRITES PLEASE oh and for the love God add some character balance. MvC2 had 56 charactes but only 5 were worth picking.)

Bionic Commando (He has been on ice as long as Kid Icarus....)

Okay, I think thats it....for now