By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overdue Sequels: Make your list!!!

Seeing as Jet Set Radio is cartoony and cel shaded, it probably doesn't need much of the next gen stuff.

I'd like to see another Snatcher game, though.

Around the Network

Brute Force, Battletoads, XIII, trolls & tribulations, Ikari Warrios, Baech Head, and lots of c64 games like M.U.L.E.

Kwaad said: Uh, you know about Mother 3, right?

(how do you quote someone with this new system? I have no clue)

I know about it, but it's really hard to count a Japan only game that came out for the GBA a year ago. Don't get me wrong if it came to america I'd totally get it and love it. but after all the hype i'd read for years surrounding Earthbounad 64, I think everyone wants a proper console sequal.

Good call on mentioning Battletoads. I'd love a Rare to make a sequel to Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Conker, Blast Corps., but no, we get a Banjo Kazooie sequel. 

Can't believe no one has said it yet.  StarCraft and Diablo. 

You know what game I would really love, but know will never happen: Donkey Kong. Not that Jungle beat crap, but I mean a DK game like DK 64. Who els here loved that game? It was great, and big, and very well done and fun to play and mess around, along with going with the story line.  The reason this game will never happen is because Rare broke away from exclusive Nintendo and therefor wont make another DK game.

Speaking of Rare, they made alot of really good games for the N64, its too bad they just basically stoped making games, which is the reason Nintendo broke away from them. GoldenEye is obviously a big one that people think about, but another FPS is Perfect Dark. It took advantage of the Exspansion Pac better than any other game. It had a great storyline, cut scenes, graphics, and good voice overs (one of the few N64 games that had voice overs).  But the big thing I remember from PD, is the MP. It was amazing. Alot of in depth MP areas, and the greatest BOT control in any FPS EVER.  Anyone have that game and play multiplayer with bots? You could have them attack a certain player or oponent bot, you could have then stand in a certain place, protect you, patrol, and many other things. It was the most fun I have had in any MP expirience (not just FPS) EVER. My brother and I would play it alot, with something like 6 bots each.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network
rendo said:
Can't believe no one has said it yet. StarCraft and Diablo.

I disagree.  I was going to say Starcraft but there has been Diablo 2 already since the last SC.  SC is the best balanced RTS ever and included 3 completely different races.  Don't even get me started on the custom maps...oh man.

fooflexible said:

Smash Bros.: I know what your thinking, they are making a Smash Bros. sequel. Well thats not my point. My point is that we've only been getting one Smash bros. a generation. What's up with that? There is like a million Mario Party titles. heck there is even more mamouth Zelda titles then Smash Bros. games, and you'd think these are easier to crank out, and last time I checked Smash bros. was the biggest thing the Gamecube ever had, so why has it been what five years? And no for nothing but Smash bros. would have been a killer game on the DS. But Instead Nintendo pushes Jump Superstars, while being a great game, it's also a licensing nightmare, so they simply can't publish it outside Japan, but Smash bros. could be and it would have sold in the millions. They could have retooled the n64 version, added characters, and second screen functions and it would have been huge.

I'd rather see more than 1 Mario Kart per generation.  Or true mario game.  Super Mario 1 and 3 for NES (2 does not count it's Doki Doki Panic...look it up), Super Mario World 1, Yoshi's Island for SNES.  Since then just 1 per console (64 and Sunshine).  And, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World were released in 1989 and 1990.  Back to back years with what are probably still the 2 best Mario games.

At least with Mario Kart it's a tradition since SNES of having just 1 per console.  Oh well. 

A new Double Dragon would be cool along with a new Contra.

But damn i can not remember the name of this game for the Life of me but it was on the NES i believe. You got all these upgraded boots and stuff to make you be able to climb jump and stick to walls better.  The thing i remeber the most is when you died you would fall off screen and and angel of you would float up off screen. I wanna say the title had Thunder  and Mountain in it.I do remember alot of the game was going up a mountain. I think clash coul have been in the name too. I know that the description is Vague at best but if anyone could help me with the title it would help. Damn I stayed up way past my bedtime playing that game as a kid. I'll add the title if i find it

I do think a new Bionic Comand would be awesome but instead of Hitler at the end you find Bin Laden

Edit:i found the games name it was Clash at Demonhead...yea they need a sequel to that so in 18years i can't remember the name to that game either

Know what would be sweet is a Mysteria/Blazing Heroes sequel I loved that game ..I think it was really the only game that i loved on the Saturn.... never understood why they changed the name?

fooflexible said:

Kwaad said: Uh, you know about Mother 3, right?

(how do you quote someone with this new system? I have no clue)

I know about it, but it's really hard to count a Japan only game that came out for the GBA a year ago. Don't get me wrong if it came to america I'd totally get it and love it. but after all the hype i'd read for years surrounding Earthbounad 64, I think everyone wants a proper console sequal.

Good call on mentioning Battletoads. I'd love a Rare to make a sequel to Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Conker, Blast Corps., but no, we get a Banjo Kazooie sequel.

uhh...you press the quote button?  next to reply.  and it was sieanr who said that too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )