By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overdue Sequels: Make your list!!!

Definitely another entry in the Chrono series, if I remember correctly Masato Kato(spelling?) the guy who wrote the plot( some of Chrono Trigger, all of Chrono Cross) and such still works with Square, so its always a possibility. I'm hoping Konami's Unannounced RPG is Suikoden VI. And Half-Life 3 instead of delayed episodic content. I imagine that'll be many many moons from now though.

Around the Network

Eternal Darkness

I would love to see a new Starfox or a sequel to Donkey kong 64(know that ain't happening but i can keep dreaming)

A new shadowman would indeed be cool, but then it needs to be multiplatform

also a new banjo...but then on the system where its meant to be.. if you know what i mean

and last but not least, the only game that was fun on the playstation, and probably better than everything beyond, Crash Bandicoot 

Edit: I almost forgot one of the coolest PC games ever, Sacrifice.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

HappySqurriel said:

Punch Out! (or Super Punch Out!) really needs a Wiimote based sequel.

Oh yes Oh yes...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

fooflexible said:

Smash Bros.: I know what your thinking, they are making a Smash Bros. sequel. Well thats not my point. My point is that we've only been getting one Smash bros. a generation. What's up with that? There is like a million Mario Party titles. heck there is even more mamouth Zelda titles then Smash Bros. games, and you'd think these are easier to crank out, and last time I checked Smash bros. was the biggest thing the Gamecube ever had, so why has it been what five years? And no for nothing but Smash bros. would have been a killer game on the DS. But Instead Nintendo pushes Jump Superstars, while being a great game, it's also a licensing nightmare, so they simply can't publish it outside Japan, but Smash bros. could be and it would have sold in the millions. They could have retooled the n64 version, added characters, and second screen functions and it would have been huge.

Please.... NO... just NO.

One a generation please. Don't milk our favourites otherwise they become just like Mario Party (bollocks).

My games?

Samba De Amigo (Wii BEGS for this game, one of my all time favourite Dreamcast games)

Street Fighter 4 (HD Sprites)

Ultra Metroid (2D HD Sprite based Platformer)

NiGHTS Into Dreams (oh wait....)

Grandia 3 (best JRPG fighting system EVER - Grandia 2, i loved it so much)

NEW Super Mario World (SD / HD Sprites 2D Platformer)

Chrono game for SURE

NEW Donkey Kong Country (High Res Sprites 2D Platformer)

Starcraft DEFINATELY

Doom 4 (why oh why did Doom 3 have to be dark and scary? I just wanna blast hundreds of hells monsters with rediculous guns, not be affraid of having my weapon equipped - LAME)

Duke Nukem Forever (it's overdue, probably the most ever!)

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts (I actually REALLY like the concept idea for this one).

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (3D Adventure game, but get the people who made F-Zero GX to make it and have it play a similar style - or just use that physics / game engine - and change Sonic's look back to the oldschool days)

World of Pokemon (ALA World of Warcraft)

Skies of Arcadia 2 

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 

Commander Keen (in any way shape or form) 

Full Throttle 2 

I can't believe gaming companies can't see the success of the 2D games on their online distribution networks and do stuff like this... honestly!

When I say 2D i just mean Sidescrolling it could have 3D graphics.

Seriously bring back the 2D Platformers, why the hell did the change to 3D have to get rid of the most popular genre from the 8 and 16bit gaming days? It sucks arse.

*Sigh* thinking about all these things that will NEVER happen makes me a sad panda.

Around the Network

I don't know how they'd do it... But Tales of Symphonia?

Without changing the main characters like Golden Sun did... 

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Now if this topic was brought up about 3 months ago I would have said Total Annihilation. That took AAAAGGGEEESSS for a sequel!

Good to see this site is still going 

Tobal Bushido Blade they made 2 version of this game and then stopped... It sells very well and is very fun to make championships with friends...

cool thread

my biggest dream has already been mentioned, but i say it again: a new donkey kong platformer! best would be a sidescrolling game, but i'd like a 3D game aswell. And to the people who say this won't happen because rare is not working for nintendo anymore, i think other studios could do it aswell. all they'd have to do is copy the gameplay of the old games!

my second wish has been mentioned aswell, skies of arcadia. but this counts for all jrpg series, i'd also like a breath of fire sequel (in a good quality)

last but not least i'd really like to see a sequel to beyond good & evil. this game was great, just a bit short. so sad it didn't sell better...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

btw, what origin said is very true: those multiplayer games just need one game per console, it would kill the franchises if there were too much games.

for single-player games, the case is different. there is no reason not to release more than one mario platformer for one console.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)