By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anybody realized Wii2 means X360 can be this gen's best selling in USA?

Yakuzaice said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But 360 software bundles are an itty bitty fraction of Wii bundles. You can't ignore Wii's software numbers are bloated with free and other other dirt cheap software. It makes the Wii seem like a better software mover than it actually is.

Given the significant difference in userbase and bundled games. Its surprising to see Wii struggles to outsell either HD console.

Well the 360 has had holiday bundles with 2 games since 2007, and they were at least available for the three biggest sales months of the year.  I think 2010 was the only spring bundle though.  A lot less than the Wii (especially if you include things like Wii Play), but it still is a significant amount.

Still doesn't come close to Wii Sports & Resort bundling. You take the bundling numbers from both 360 and Wii and total software gap shrinks significantly.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Hmmm, not gonna happen I'm afraid.

Whilst 360 is up currently YoY for the 7th year running 2011>2010>2009>2008>2007>2006>2005 (epic or wot), 2012 should see its decline. This xmas with price cuts for Kinect and 360, with Kinect SW and more advertising, 360 will do a nice dent to Wii sales.

Wii sales are down YoY again this year, and going by the fact Nintendo expect to be in the 11-13 million bracket (compared to 18 mill last year) I see at minimum a 1 mill drop, possibly 2.

2008: 10.2
2009: 9.6
2010: 7.0
2011: currently down YoY 360k with just 3 months.

With both declining 2012 on, they're not going to be miles apart from each other.

I imagin the gap will get down to around 5 mill.

Not going to happen. Once price cuts happen across the board the 360 is going to have to worry about the PS3 eating it sales. Kinect has given the 360 a boost, but that boost didn't even help it sell more in 2010. Kinect needs a real killer app that we still haven't seen. Once people realize that their is nothing to look forward those sales are going to drop. Then throw in what Nintendo does next with Project Cafe. A system priced just right with something exciting will keep people from buying the older 360.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

TheWon said:

Not going to happen. Once price cuts happen across the board the 360 is going to have to worry about the PS3 eating it sales. Kinect has given the 360 a boost, but that boost didn't even help it sell more in 2010. Kinect needs a real killer app that we still haven't seen. Once people realize that their is nothing to look forward those sales are going to drop. Then throw in what Nintendo does next with Project Cafe. A system priced just right with something exciting will keep people from buying the older 360.

Clearly someone that doesn't actually know the sales and how things panned out.

360 does not have to worry about PS3 price cuts in the U.S, in late 2009 when PS3 got its price cut and Slim model, and 360 had nothing, PS3 barely outsold in in U.S, switching back and fourth between 360 outselling it that holiday. From when PS3 slim launched to the end of the year, you know how much PS3 outsold 360 in those 4 months? 150k. After that, PS3 hasn't outsold 360 there since. PS3 should get a great boost with its next cut, but 360 is getting a cut too, liekly will Kinect, so it'll be ahead again.

As for Wii. They were practically tied last year, that was with 5 months without the 360 slim, and shortages in Dec (if it hdn't have had shortages it likely would have been ahead for the year.

You think Wii price cut is going to shoot it sky high again? even NINTENDO don't think that. They've dropped their shipments down to 13 mill, given they sold 18 mill last year, 7 mill in US, they're not gonna come close to 7 mill again when they expect to sell 13 mill TOPS in 2011. That's a 5 mill decline WW, probably 2 mill attribuited to the U.S

How on earth do you know Kinect has nothing to look forward to? We havn't even got to E3. The first year for nearly EVERY system on the market is dire for decent SW, look at DS and Wii, 360, PS3 ect ect.

Actually bother to put aside your bias next time you want to post if you want to come up with something with an inch of truth and likelyhood to it.

so

Around the Network

Well I say yes but only if 360 can keep up good legs after Wii 2 comes out and not die like Xbox after Xbox 360 comes out.

Seece said:
TheWon said:

360 does not have to worry about PS3 price cuts in the U.S, in late 2009 when PS3 got its price cut and Slim model, and 360 had nothing, PS3 barely outsold in in U.S, switching back and fourth between 360 outselling it that holiday. From when PS3 slim launched to the end of the year, you know how much PS3 outsold 360 in those 4 months? 150k. After that, PS3 hasn't outsold 360 there since. PS3 should get a great boost with its next cut, but 360 is getting a cut too, liekly will Kinect, so it'll be ahead again.

As for Wii. They were practically tied last year, that was with 5 months without the 360 slim, and shortages in Dec (if it hdn't have had shortages it likely would have been ahead for the year.

You think Wii price cut is going to shoot it sky high again? even NINTENDO don't think that. They've dropped their shipments down to 13 mill, given they sold 18 mill last year, 7 mill in US, they're not gonna come close to 7 mill again when they expect to sell 13 mill TOPS in 2011. That's a 5 mill decline WW, probably 2 mill attribuited to the U.S

How on earth do you know Kinect has nothing to look forward to? We havn't even got to E3. The first year for nearly EVERY system on the market is dire for decent SW, look at DS and Wii, 360, PS3 ect ect.

Actually bother to put aside your bias next time you want to post if you want to come up with something with an inch of truth and likelyhood to it.

Ye gods, I've seen some delicious, unintentional, irony before but, good God man, this one's a beaut! I'm going to go and look at your older posts and see if you make this a (bad, but highly entertaining) habit.

P.S. That last bit makes you come across as a lout and a bully and a know-it-all (impressive to rack up a trifecta like that in one sentence), and maybe you could, perhaps, consider being a bit more generous in your responses in the future.

exindguy said:
Seece said:
TheWon said:

Ye gods, I've seen some delicious, unintentional, irony before but, good God man, this one's a beaut! I'm going to go and look at your older posts and see if you make this a (bad, but highly entertaining) habit.

I don't know what you're implying, but my post was based on factual data not fanboy BS.

Edit @ your Edit, I know far more than him clearly, it's fun putting people in place when they don't have a clue. Also, go read the rules.

PSwii60 said:
Conegamer said:

I don't see it. Even if the Wii stopped selling right this second it'd take over a year of current sales for the 360 to overtake it. If the Wii remains within 30-50k of the 360 this year and the next, the most the gap can narrow after that is 4.5mil in the next 2 and a half years, and that's absolutely best-case scenrio if the Wii remains 50k behind the 360 every week for the next 2 years, which is only just half of that gap disappeared. Even if that ridiculously unlikely scenario DOES occur, the 360 will likely be dead by midway through 2013 and be selling around 30k in Americas a week, even if the Wii stopped selling at all, it'd require up to 2017 to beat its sales. Those odds are just too unlikely for me.

So no. It can close the gap, but not overtake the Wii.

This. I honestly do not see Xbox 360 or even PS3 to ever overtake the Wii. Truth of the matter is, Wii sales are actually not as bad as many people think. Worst case scenario for Wii is if it were to completely stop selling now and PS360 sell 17million each for each year for two years, they'll just match the Wii numbers -- a virtual tie for all

EDIT: OMG, I completely misunderstood the whole thing. Well..., regardless, I still agree with Conegamer.

Why? What did you think it was about?

O.o

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Eh, no. To be honest, compared to say Japan, Wii really isn't doing that terribly in the US. It manages to put up respectable numbers every few months (November, February). Plus, I think that Wii2 will have a harsher effect on the best-selling console, whichever that is, and not specifically the Wii. Add to that 360's heavy natural decline around 2012, I'd think that the gap won't have a chance to increase nearly enough, even though 360 might increase to selling several times as much as Wii.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx