By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA UP! (23rd April 2011)

Didnt PS3 pass 4 million in UK couple of months ago acording to GFK?

Around the Network
dany612 said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
dany612 said:

why is everyone surpised? The mass consumer thinks the 3DS is just a DS with 3D. Nintendo blew this, they could of made a design that would of been like the PSPGo. 

so true... I heard this very thing twice already from more "casual" gamers.

... that and "it gave me a headache" and just a flat out "i don't like 3D" is what i've heard. 

True! I tried it and it felt easy for my eyes but my brother in law tried it also but he ended up with a headache. Nintendo is being blind and ignorant. This of course is also do to advertisment and games. 

yeah, i felt like i was going to puke when i tried it.  for gamers like myself who move their hands while playing (meaning the entire 3DS in this case) i kept falling out of the "sweetspot" and once you fall out of that the time to feeling "seasick" was very very short.   i won't say i won't buy a 3DS but if i do i'll never use 3D which largely misses the point imo.

I really didn't expect 3DS sales to be so poor at this time. Maybe time to rethink the plan.

Impressive PS3 numbers considering the last few weeks were much lower.

After all the talk about YoY being down it goes up for two consoles, if only for a week.

If there are people whom actually believe this is a real commercial for 3DS, then i'd say Nintendo have their work cut out for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JejCGOtkjI

Barozi said:
Wonktonodi said:

any reason for the jump in black ops sales ps3 this week? Last week it was 15,000 this week 40,000?

got a price cut in the UK

well, people who bought it this week are in for a suprise...a nasty suprise

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Lastgengamer said:

Well I can't speak for everyone, about Socom 4 its just that a lot of the people who have played the older games in the series, don't care for the new style of the game, the evidence can be seen on the official Socom forums, from what I've gathered at least.

Which then might explain if the sales do turnout to be disappointing in America and the review average on metacritic.com could also support that reasoning.  

Many of the complaints in the reviews is it's too much like past SOCOM games, and thus feels outdated in this gen's over-saturated, shooter climate. Some gamers on the other hand complained about the exact opposite, stating it was too different from past SOCOM games. That's where you have to learn to make the compromise on your own and understand that you can't please everyone.

SOCOM 4 does a good job of blending and from my observation, has pleased more fans/new comers than it disappointed. We'll see how it turns out in sales, but this conversation is pointless when speaking about EMEAA.

Points taken, since I've only played the beta online, I can't say too much about the game personally which would be unfair to it. I'm glad there are players who find value in the game and I know you have a great taste in games, so I might give it a another look down the road:) 

OT: So yes we should take a wait and see approach regarding its overall sales and whether or not the Socom series is headed in the right direction.     

Incubi said:

If there are people whom actually believe this is a real commercial for 3DS, then i'd say Nintendo have their work cut out for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JejCGOtkjI

hahahahahahahaha!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

ethomaz said:
Barozi said:

10 Minutes ago, you could still see the old numbers on the front page:

EMEAA totals (old numbers before the adjustment)

Wii - 33.6
360 - 20.3
PS3 - 23.5
NDS - 59.0
PSP - 28.0

EMEAA totals (new numbers including the EMEAA sales of this thread; Weekly chart numbers in brackets):

Wii - 33.2 (33,205,222)
360 - 20.5 (20,482,497)
PS3 - 23.8 (23,828,895)
NDS - 58.8 (58,760,463)
PSP - 28.4 (28,425,902)

Adjustments (very roughly):

Wii -  ~500k DOWN
360 -  ~100k UP
PS3 -  ~200k UP
NDS -  ~300k DOWN
PSP -  ~400k UP

I love these numbers.

PS3 is unbeatable in ADJUSTMENTS.

Thanks.

I disagree!!!! did you not see the psp numbers? psp> ps3 in adjustments for a change! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Incase anyone wants specific numbers for adjustments.

Wii: Down 443,688

360: Up 97,381

PS3: Up 234,493

DS: Down 269,330

PSP: Up 380,215

Don't know 3DS, sorry.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

hatmoza said:

3DS dead last. That's sad.

It's still bating the crap out of the PS2.

Above: still the best game of the year.