By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA UP! (23rd April 2011)

Pretty sure the PS3 was around 1.5m and the 360 was around 1m for the year before this week went up.

So about 235k up for the PS3 and around 100k for the 360.  I'm not 100% sure I am remembering the 360 numbers correctly though.  Can't remember the Wii number either.

The 3DS had its second week adjusted down about 35k to 160k, still pretty overtracked compared to Nintendo which had it around 100k.  Week 3 was also adjusted down by 6k to 72k, which is still higher than Nintendo's ~50k.

Also if the Wii gets adjusted down and the PSP up according to NPD numbers...that'll have the PSP beating the Wii for most of the last month and a half.

Also I'd just like to say holy shit at the 3DS being in last place.

Around the Network

W.T.H. happen to 3DS... o.O

Dallinor said:
Vekta said:
mantlepiecek said:

The PSN being down maybe one of the reasons why Socom has done badly. This was definitely not a good thing for socom.

Socom as a series was never big in emeaa. I find it funny how for the  " new " socom fans were trying to act like socom was going to sell a ton just because its america pre orers were high they assumed that it was going to be just as big as emeaa just because it had a single player, co-op, and online packaged into one game and were using the excuses if confronation hit a million with just only online than socom 4 can easily do it, and now that psn is down now all of a sudden it seems like their going to use the " online being down " as in excuse why it never sold and that it was never inteded for SP. ( even though zipper spent like what? 3-4 years into this project to lose its core base, gain new ones, and focus on its cheesy sp? )

Not excuses as I see it, simply posters who aren't aware Socom is small in EMEAA.

Exactly, it was never big in emeaa to begin with, and it seems like the new s4 fans were banking on this game to sell very well in the emeaa, majority of socoms sales were in the americas. A lot of socom fans were like " oh if confrontation can do a million than s4 can easily do it as for it as sp, co-op and multiplayer ", what they fail to realize is that confrontation barely hit a million after 3 years and a price cut for its release, and now people like mantlepeciek are using excuses as for its because the online was down and thats why it didnt sell, when the fans were trying to say the SP and co-op would carry it. Now it didnt sell well in emeaa now their trying to say oh its because online is down. Its like make up your dam mind on whats going to sale the game and stop making excuses for its letdowns. Then on top of that it had poor reviews. 

well April 23 still only around 2.5days for PSN down

but i guess it only hurt some softwares(next week chart),if SONY can fix it this week

Poor numbers for Motorstorm and socom.

Around the Network
Vekta said:
Dallinor said:
Vekta said:
mantlepiecek said:

The PSN being down maybe one of the reasons why Socom has done badly. This was definitely not a good thing for socom.

Socom as a series was never big in emeaa. I find it funny how for the  " new " socom fans were trying to act like socom was going to sell a ton just because its america pre orers were high they assumed that it was going to be just as big as emeaa just because it had a single player, co-op, and online packaged into one game and were using the excuses if confronation hit a million with just only online than socom 4 can easily do it, and now that psn is down now all of a sudden it seems like their going to use the " online being down " as in excuse why it never sold and that it was never inteded for SP. ( even though zipper spent like what? 3-4 years into this project to lose its core base, gain new ones, and focus on its cheesy sp? )

Not excuses as I see it, simply posters who aren't aware Socom is small in EMEAA.

Exactly, it was never big in emeaa to begin with, and it seems like the new s4 fans were banking on this game to sell very well in the emeaa, majority of socoms sales were in the americas. A lot of socom fans were like " oh if confrontation can do a million than s4 can easily do it as for it as sp, co-op and multiplayer ", what they fail to realize is that confrontation barely hit a million after 3 years and a price cut for its release, and now people like mantlepeciek are using excuses as for its because the online was down and thats why it didnt sell, when the fans were trying to say the SP and co-op would carry it. Now it didnt sell well in emeaa now their trying to say oh its because online is down. Its like make up your dam mind on whats going to sale the game and stop making excuses for its letdowns. Then on top of that it had poor reviews. 

And how do you know I am making "excuses" for Socom's sales?

Its just a point I thought I would point out. Sorry if it hurt you so much.

10 Minutes ago, you could still see the old numbers on the front page:

EMEAA totals (old numbers before the adjustment)

Wii - 33.6
360 - 20.3
PS3 - 23.5
NDS - 59.0
PSP - 28.0

EMEAA totals (new numbers including the EMEAA sales of this thread; Weekly chart numbers in brackets):

Wii - 33.2 (33,205,222)
360 - 20.5 (20,482,497)
PS3 - 23.8 (23,828,895)
NDS - 58.8 (58,760,463)
PSP - 28.4 (28,425,902)

Adjustments (very roughly):

Wii -  ~500k DOWN
360 -  ~100k UP
PS3 -  ~200k UP
NDS -  ~300k DOWN
PSP -  ~400k UP

any reason for the jump in black ops sales ps3 this week? Last week it was 15,000 this week 40,000?

Not really surprised at Socoms small opening, after seeing reviews for it and since these are EMEAA sales, I’m even less so. Maybe it’ll do better in America, looking at the preorder data, although probably not by huge amount, since the backlash from longtime fans of series really seems apparent. This could be a long crawl to 1million sales, which would be very disappointing for a numbered entry of Socom. I hope now fans of the original will be more inclined to pick up confrontation, since it’s been patched, it’s the closest thing to the classic tactical game play of the great originals. 

On the 3DS I would say it’s a combination of lack of software and the high launch price that are causing its sales to be staggered and even then, I’m surprised to see it in last place after witnessing the massive success the original DS has been right from this site.   

Wonktonodi said:

any reason for the jump in black ops sales ps3 this week? Last week it was 15,000 this week 40,000?

got a price cut in the UK