By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Want to review for the site? Details inside.

"There are no other prerequisites for becoming a reviewer besides the ones listed above."

Hmmm.....interesting.

*scratches beard*

....but is there an AGE requirement? 

(More than likely)

___

Did I mention I am the best teen writer on here? Seeing how summer is fast approaching I will have more than enough time for gaming. It would also help build my writing muscles.

Around the Network
Machina said:

No, you haven't at all. I think you should apply, as long as you have the desire to write reviews of course.

Oh, I have every intention of applying for it, the issue is finding a review for a game you haven't reviewed yet that has come out in the past 60 days.  I only own two games that came out in the last 60 days, Portal 2 (which you've already reviewed) and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete collection for the PSP, which I'm doubting I will have done before the May 3rd deadline.  (I saw the part in the rules about having to play everything before reviewing it, a fair thing to do, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna complete the whole game and the two expansion packs in time.)  

I could just edit, revise, and submit my review for Red Dead redemption/Undead Nightmare or one of my other already-written reviews that I posted rough, but they don't hit the critera.  

Maybe I should pitch in 20 bucks and get PixelJunk Shooter 2...wait, PSN is down, crap.  Would that Red Dead Redemption review be an acceptable submission?  it's fairly long (something like 3000 words with the Undead Nightmare add-on.)  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Machina said:

No, you haven't at all. I think you should apply, as long as you have the desire to write reviews of course.

Oh, I have every intention of applying for it, the issue is finding a review for a game you haven't reviewed yet that has come out in the past 60 days.  I only own two games that came out in the last 60 days, Portal 2 (which you've already reviewed) and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete collection for the PSP, which I'm doubting I will have done before the May 3rd deadline.  (I saw the part in the rules about having to play everything before reviewing it, a fair thing to do, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna complete the whole game and the two expansion packs in time.)  

I could just edit, revise, and submit my review for Red Dead redemption/Undead Nightmare or one of my other already-written reviews that I posted rough, but they don't hit the critera.  

Maybe I should pitch in 20 bucks and get PixelJunk Shooter 2...wait, PSN is down, crap.  Would that Red Dead Redemption review be an acceptable submission?  it's fairly long (something like 3000 words with the Undead Nightmare add-on.)  

We're pretty lax on the requirement of the game being not being reviewed by us yet.  If you can't figure out one that fits those qualities just go with what you have and can get written up before the deadline.

I reviewed Pixeljunk Shooter 2 already anyway btw :P

So i am in a bit of a pickle with all this. PSN is down so i can't review Moon Diver or Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (or any other PSN games for that matter). However, what i can do is finish Conduit 2 on the WII (borrowed). I don't own a wii, however if i actually make the cut, i would happily purchase one asap as well as the "WII2" further down the line. I have plenty of extra cash to do so, but first i think its a better idea to see if i have the stuff to make it on the team. 

I have one quick question.  How many people do you generally have attempt at something such as this?  I'm beginning to think this will be something I want to spend all weekend on, when I should be studying for my final exams :-O

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

I have one quick question.  How many people do you generally have attempt at something such as this?  I'm beginning to think this will be something I want to spend all weekend on, when I should be studying for my final exams :-O

we've recieved about 15 applicants so far.  According to Naz in previous recruitment drives we'll get about 20 or so total.

Machina said:
radiantshadow92 said:

So i am in a bit of a pickle with all this. PSN is down so i can't review Moon Diver or Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (or any other PSN games for that matter). However, what i can do is finish Conduit 2 on the WII (borrowed). I don't own a wii, however if i actually make the cut, i would happily purchase one asap as well as the "WII2" further down the line. I have plenty of extra cash to do so, but first i think its a better idea to see if i have the stuff to make it on the team. 

Conduit 2 is fine, as is any other game released in the last 60 days. There'd be no need to buy a Wii :p

Thanks, i would buy one anyways though or even a 3ds. I love the site and any way i could help (especially by reviewing) is great.

Sounds like a cool idea to me, I don't see why there should be any issue!

I have a Wii, PS3 and 3DS (which I have access to all the time) and I'm interested in the Wii2. That OK?

Oh, one more thing. You say that we have to review games released in the past 60 days, so can we review a game which is being worked on by staff, but not actually up yet? For example, I recently got Conduit 2 and I've played it quite thoroughly, and I'm in a position where I'd be happy to write a review for it. That's probably the only way I could work around that...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Machina said:
Conegamer said:

Sounds like a cool idea to me, I don't see why there should be any issue!

I have a Wii, PS3 and 3DS (which I have access to all the time) and I'm interested in the Wii2. That OK?

Oh, one more thing. You say that we have to review games released in the past 60 days, so can we review a game which is being worked on by staff, but not actually up yet? That's probably the only way I could work around that...

Yes and yes.

Nice one. Expect to see my review sometime in the next few days. I mean, it's not like there's any sort of important wedding going on or anything

Oh, I'd be happy playing anything as well, be it good or bad (though preferibly good, obviously!). I'm also a great fan of all the genres which you mentioned, expect for maybe Sports. Too little progression for me, and releasing something in a yearly cycle will do that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

trasharmdsister12 said:

I wanted to do this back when I was in undergrad but didn't have the time. Now that I'm done I do have the time but don't feel like it anymore. Funny how that works. I think I'm still just exhausted from my final push in school and I'm not really feeling like doing anything right now. Plus I believe in fair sport and it would be unfair to the other applicants if Squirtle got involved.

Me thinks Squirt should give it a try!

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.