By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Want to review for the site? Details inside.

It seems I can't do it anyways because I have no games past 2010...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

I fee like I'm cheating since I can see the entries >_>

And I'll have my sent in on the last day since I feel like being that guy..

Former something....

Machina said:
Blacksaber said:

I fee like I'm cheating since I can see the entries >_>

And I'll have my sent in on the last day since I feel like being that guy..

Don't make me block your access to the review forum -_-

And you only see the shortlisted entries :p

The only thing I check is the game they do so  I don't do that same. 

Though the game I'll be doing seems like will take atleast 20 hours >_>..

Former something....

How does the flow of 3DS review copies look right now?

Just a note (not sure if people have been doing this): With your submission, do mention that you are a member of VGC, and mention your username. It's just nice to know, and we do like to know we're recruiting from the community.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Machina I'm going to asume Wiiware is okay to do..

Former something....

Machina said:
Blacksaber said:

Machina I'm going to asume Wiiware is okay to do.

Yep.

Good since I saw there wasn't anything I wanted on XBL that came out in the last 2 months and today only SHUMP's came out >_>

Former something....

It's a real shame that you're looking for the systems and categories you are, becuase they seem to be collectively the least played in my repetoire.  

I don't have or want a 3DS, mostly because I found it to be a royal pain in the neck/headache making it nigh unplayable without turning the 3D slider down to minimum.  I got a DS at launch and have dozens of games for it, so it's not like I'm anti-DS, I just feel the 3DS was a real misfire and kind of a flop as far as quality is concerned. 

my Wii is currently at my Girlfriend's place, and she went away to college so I won't be getting that back any time soon.  Plus all the Wii games that I'd want to play are ones everyon else would get to first. 

I could do PSN/XBL games, I love getting downloaded stuff a lot, but I find I'm not as knowledgeable about those games compared to the big budgeted games. 

I completely lack a gaming PC rig.  I was able to play Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2 with no issues, but I wouldn't be able to play crysis if my life depended on it. 

I'm a little biased against sports games (not a fanboy, I just avoid the genre like the plague) 

I like Shooters, but I'm pretty picky, and have quirky opinions on the genre (I felt bulletstorm was an infinitely more fun and enjoyable game than Halo)

I love fighting games but just suck at them, so I don't feel I'd be a good reviewer of them. The same thing goes for Puzzle games and Strategy games (portal being a notable exception) 

I like Western RPG's, but most of the good ones (elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, etc) are going to be taken care of by more experienced reviwers.  

The more I look back at it, the more I think I may be a little picky, but the truth is I own more games of more varied genres than anyone I know.  I have about 50 PS3 games, 25 360 games, 20 Wii games, 25 DS games, and a mere 15 PSP games (working on getting that higher).  Regardless, I will happily put in an application to review, I just want to write and do so with purpose, I don't even need money! (I'd be happy to review for games!)  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Machina said:
Khuutra said:

How does the flow of 3DS review copies look right now?

Nothing for 3DS at the moment, we're relying on what the team buy.

Ha! Good luck with that -_-

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Machina said:

You own all current gen platforms and you've somehow managed to try and talk yourself out of being useful xD

If your worry is us not having a space for someone with those platforms and that genre taste then I don't think you need to be worried at all.

Which is doubly hilarious becuase I recently wrote an editorial about how most modern gamers are too picky and don't give enough genres a chance, resulting in the community being segregated (PC Elitists, Graphics Whores, Casual crowd, College Shooter crowd, etc).  I swear, ALL the things here are on the bottom of my list.  I have Action, Adventure, Platformer, Western and Japanese Style RPG's, dozens of shooters, Rythm games out the wazoo, and even a few fighting games.  

Like I said, very funny that my least favorite genres (Sports games, Racing games) and the genres I suck at (puzzle games, Strategy Games, Fighting games) are the ones you need most.  It's not that I won't play them, it's that I'm not good at them.  

That said, I plan on getting the next Wii and PSP asap, and if I had the cash I'd have gotten a 3DS by now, I just can't justify it with so few quality games and the headaches/neck aches it causes.  (this is from a consumer standpoint, not a professional one, there is a difference.  Of course, all of what I've said has been from a consumer's perspective as opposed to a professional one.  Lots of people do things they don't want to for the sake of getting their name out there.  

When it's all said and done, I think my ramblings are negligible, fairly certain I've already talked anyone out of considering me for a position regardless of the quality of my reviews. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android