By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Mass Effect 2!!

This game is incredible.  Fantastic storytelling, compelling characters, outstanding dialouge.

I have to give it a 10

Around the Network

An improvement over ME1 in almost every way IMO, the only thing that I like more about the first one was the story. That said, the story is still great and the gameplay, presentation and music is amazing.

Score: 9.6

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

dialogue, with most characters fleshed out.

music

loyalty missions

generic ammo packs which I thought was a good thing

- main story was pretty weak imo

- discoverable planet side quests, majority instantly forgettable

- enemy a.i. was pretty weak

-- combat was for the most part average to shite, way to easy to abuse los even on insanity

Overall a good game, if the combat can get sorted in the 3rd then that'll be a massive improvement for me.

i have my gurdges against the game such as the fact that most of the story has to do with getting companions and making them loyal. but at the end of the day theirs mirandas ass.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

8.0 - good enjoyable game but streamlining in it went too far resulting in narrow corridor maps that make FF XIII look like sandbox game, almost complete lack of non combat missions (the wallet one is sad joke), extremly boring mining mini-game, virtually no choice in weapons (2-3 guns per category and later ones are clearly superior to starting equip), lack of any meaningfull armors (at least without paid DLC), topped with crappy ending breaking immersion as terminator jokes start to run through your head.

But wow people really have low standards when it comes to games.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Pros:

Great and much improved TPS gameplay
awesome visuals
longer than ME
good continuation of the story
decisions from ME have a great effect on ME2
character conversations
superb ending

Cons:

less RPG elements

I really enjoyed this one and there was only one game in 2010 I liked more.

I thought that the middle act dragged on just a little too long. There were just a little too many companions to add to your crew. Also the end boss was a little weird. Mass Effect 1's ending was just more epic.

Some people criticize it for not being RPG enough, but I'm personally fine if I don't have to do significant grinding. The shooting gameplay is really streamlined and I like shooting, because I find games like Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age, KOTOR, Final Fantasy, Witcher can get a little hard and I don't like dying :). So in that regard maybe I'm a casual RPG player, but that does not prevent Oblivion from being one of my favorite games.

I think the game is on par or slightly better than ME1. Because this is one of the games I just get really excited about it is worth more than a 9, but not quite a perfect 10 either.

Score: 9.5

10/10

Probably the best game this gen. Amazing visuals, gameplay and characters. Uncharted 2 and MGS4 pale close to it but I figure it'll be behind due to fan... *censored*

Good

• The shooting and combat in general were greatly improved
  • The story connection with Mass Effect was very impressive
  • I loved the dialogue, choices, characters, and story in general
  • Everything felt a lot neater than in Mass Effect - there was less clutter.
  • The cover system.

Bad

• No hotkeys! (only applies to PC version)
  • It somehow felt less mysterious, but made up for this by being more epic.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective