By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here still doubting the Duke ? (new trailer)

Duke Nukem is and always will be the SHIT!  I have very very high hopes for this game.  Too bad its taken so long to see him in action, and yes those tits were awesome.  Wait till you see the trailer where he's banging to school girls at once.....  lol

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

I actually was doubting this game for a while, but recent footage - including this trailer - has made me more hopeful for the game. Still not entirely convinced, and still think there's a chance it could bomb with reviews, but it's looking better each time I see it. I like what I see with the boss battles. It seems old school, where you just have to keep firing, evading, firing, evading to take a boss down. A lot of boss battles in current games are really scripted, and that personally takes a lot (or all) of the fun out of killing a boss. This was a major problem I had with Resistance 2.

JEMC said:

This game is going to be epic!

Ajescent said:

L-o-v-e that song! What is it called and who is it by?

I think it's "Battle Flag" by Lo-Fidelity Allstars.

Thank ye!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

oldschoolfool said:
richardhutnik said:
oldschoolfool said:
mibuokami said:
hatmoza said:

Duke Nukem is so last gen it's not even funny.

I can't believe people are hyped for this.

It's not really last gen, you probably need to skip back a bit more to find its root. And that root is the reason for this excitement. I mean come on! How many single player FPS can you cite these days that has the level of complexity of those old corridor shooters? Most of those that do have now graduated to the RPG genre.

if it has the complexity of those old corridor shooters,then it's indeed last gen.

Yep...

what's wrong with the 2010 design? Sure they could make it like the 1993 design,but the cost would be through the roof. Back then games were more basic and simple graphically,so they could afford to make complex corridor shooter's,also why do people act like cutscene's are such a bad thing? games are becoming more like interactive movies,so of course there's going to be more cutscene's. 

As I was recently replaying Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein 3D, Marathon and some others I noticed how much I hate these big and confusing levels. So much backtracking, looking for stupid keycards that are hidden and you have no clue where, looking for the exit etc.

I mean not all FPS have to be as straight forward as CoD, but anything with a more complex level design than Halo or Crysis can suck my balls.
And I doubt the new Duke will be more complex than that.

oldschoolfool said:

It looks okay,but it looks really weak on the graphic's side to be honest. I might get it when they eventually drop the price.

You're telling me the graphics on the boobs sucks?! O_O

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Barozi said:
oldschoolfool said:
richardhutnik said:
oldschoolfool said:
mibuokami said:
hatmoza said:

It's not really last gen, you probably need to skip back a bit more to find its root. And that root is the reason for this excitement. I mean come on! How many single player FPS can you cite these days that has the level of complexity of those old corridor shooters? Most of those that do have now graduated to the RPG genre.

if it has the complexity of those old corridor shooters,then it's indeed last gen.

Yep...

what's wrong with the 2010 design? Sure they could make it like the 1993 design,but the cost would be through the roof. Back then games were more basic and simple graphically,so they could afford to make complex corridor shooter's,also why do people act like cutscene's are such a bad thing? games are becoming more like interactive movies,so of course there's going to be more cutscene's. 

As I was recently replaying Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein 3D, Marathon and some others I noticed how much I hate these big and confusing levels. So much backtracking, looking for stupid keycards that are hidden and you have no clue where, looking for the exit etc.

I mean not all FPS have to be as straight forward as CoD, but anything with a more complex level design than Halo or Crysis can suck my balls.

I understand your pain. Half Life and Doom was also really hard for me to play and finish... when i was 10.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Chroniczaaa said:
Barozi said:
oldschoolfool said:

I understand your pain. Half Life and Doom was also really hard for me to play and finish... when i was 10.

Yeah, it was SO HARD to wait for the damn tram to stop moving the first time you booted up the game....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I'm still waiting on it, I thought about getting the Balls of Steel edition with my giftcard. I've learned to not pre-order games unless I got some kind of deal for doing it (IE trade game a game and get the game for 20 new), I almost bit on MvC3 for a preorder,  but held out and after playing it with my friend, I didn't like it. I'm sure DNF will be good, but I'll wait for some reviews before I spend 60$ on a game I MIGHT like.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
oldschoolfool said:
richardhutnik said:

Yep...

Cutscenes are fine if they have a purpose.

Constant scripted events in FPS games however are not fine...they are complete bullshit if you ask me.

Nothing ruins the gunplay flow of a FPS game better than a choppy shootout sequences, broken out by cutscenes and scripted events where the game designers think the gamer is a retard who cant figure out how to have fun on his own and instead guide the player in a predicable linear sequence of events.

OT - Duke looks awesome. This year is delivering big time on FPS games. Sure homefront sucked but everything else was solid.

Barozi said:
oldschoolfool said:
richardhutnik said:
oldschoolfool said:
mibuokami said:
hatmoza said:

Yep...

Creating mazes with hidden items doesn't work quite so well anymore when you have gamers who play with laptops at their side so they can pickup as many trophies/achievements as they can on the first playthrough anyway.  Time has moved on since then and the old formula's to string out a level just wouldn't fit with a modern audience.  The start of Doom 3 fleshed out how a modern corridor shooter can work well, a huge level but where you move with a purpose.

I'm still not sold that they can make the new Duke Nukem work for the modern gamer, nostalgia for a character only gets you so far, look at poor Sonic!