By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA numbers up - 16th april

PS3 first again.

Strange week for SW, WiiFit Plus and LBP2 made a noticeable jump, while heavy advertising made Kinect grow very little compared to them. What happened?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

With these numbers, the PS3/360 gap shrinks to 3.6 million officially according to VGC.

I always look forward to these little differences, at this time of the year it decreases by .1 million, (or 100,000) about once a month.

I almost guarantee that E3 will see a Kinect focus for Microsoft; they wil show some upcoming core titles for Kinect and will absolutely drop the standalone price of Kinect by $50.

Kinect is still $150 by itself... crazy! More on topic; sales are going to continue to get slow but the occasional exclusive releases in the upcoming months will be my little ray of sunshine in the gaming world.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:

DS: DOWN 69% ! (combine DS & 3DS and it is still down 22%)

Daaamn..

that has to be slightly worrying....

doesnt it?

Not really, tbh. No-one is expecting too much from the 3DS until it gets some big games, which will be the latter half of the year.

3DS needs more big games fast

kowenicki said:
Nintendogamer said:
kowenicki said:

and the hardware keeps on getting worse and worse......

YOY

Wii: DOWN 52%

PS3: DOWN 29%

360: DOWN 17%

DS: DOWN 69% ! (combine DS & 3DS and it is still down 22%)

PSP: DOWN 67% !

With Wii price cut I expect Wii downward % to be less.  above 55K prehaps. People really not into game this time of year anyway.  I know it's YoY by the way.

then why do you keep saying they arent into gaming at this time of year?

why were they into on average 30% more at this time last year?  the point is the gen is in freefall and badly needs some major price cuts.

Wii might be getting a $30 price cut if the Best Buy deal stays true, and I bet the HD consoles will get a $50 price cut this year. However I believe the consoles peaked last year.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Good Job for PS3 surpassing 3DS sales, I wonder where 3DS will stabilize. I bet sales will pick up when some good software is released (Zelda, Starfox, Icarus, etc), and holidays 3DS should be king.

Noticed 360 also got ahead of DS and didn't fall as much as PS3. I blame Michael Jackson's release as it's the first good Kinect game since the launch lineup. I hope that game opens bigger in Americas, and makes the top 40.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

3ds needs games and it needs them soon. DOA and OOT can't come soon enough. BTW i know a lot of people who are interested in 3ds but are holding until oot release.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!