By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA numbers up - 16th april

Yikes. This has been the story for past month. I'm sure at E3 price cuts will be anounced (if they do those type of things at E3?).

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

and the hardware keeps on getting worse and worse......

YOY

Wii: DOWN 52%

PS3: DOWN 29%

360: DOWN 17%

DS: DOWN 69% ! (combine DS & 3DS and it is still down 22%)

PSP: DOWN 67% !

Not good.

LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
justinian said:

This is better. Now which one will be locked?

LBP2 is showing steady legs.

Halo reach slowly approaching 2m in EMEAA. That game is seriously NA heavy.

So what?... back in the top 40 again...  amazing. and 2m in EMEAA isnrt that shabby.  It will end up as the Highest selling FPS on PS3/360 outside of COD.

Dude was just stating an observation which I concure.

Thanks LivingM & Areym.

It seems that making an observation and stating the obvious is annoying for some...more so when their beloved console or company is the subject of that statement and they think it is a deliberate attack on that console or company, which in this case it wasn't.

Price cuts are needed. The numbers for the DS and PSP...oh boy.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:

DS: DOWN 69% ! (combine DS & 3DS and it is still down 22%)

Daaamn..

that has to be slightly worrying....

doesnt it?

I can't believe 3DS sales are slowing down so quickly, maybe Nintendo should have released OoT on the 3DS release date to give the 3DS that one AAA First Party title, I mean SSF4 is great, but its been out on PS3 and 360 for a while already, and chances are, you already had the game

but Sony is doing great, the PS2 is still selling 20K a week and PS3 numbers are doing great (despite the YOY drop), PSP... is dead, NGP can't come soon enough

Kinect Adventures had a 6K boost this week, its now 16K but for me that's terribly low, considering its pre-chritmas numbers, its also below the PS2 and every other tracked bit of hardware, I don't know anymore if Kinect will actually increase the 360 life span by more than a year at all anymore

Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:

I can't believe 3DS sales are slowing down so quickly, maybe Nintendo should have released OoT on the 3DS release date to give the 3DS that one AAA First Party title, I mean SSF4 is great, but its been out on PS3 and 360 for a while already, and chances are, you already had the game

Nintendo gives space for third partys. If they release OoT or another major first party game, then third partys will be whining about how only Nintendo sells in their systems and "hardcores" becuase 3DS don't have quality games from thirds.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So ioi, are you expecting a price cut from all three?

and if so, how much do you expect each one to cut?

I think $50 for each is probably the most right now, but then I don't know how much manufacturing costs is across all three consoles.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

I have trouble looking at these latest numbers and believing that Sony and M$ could wait till 2014 to release their next console. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Gojimaster said:

I have trouble looking at these latest numbers and believing that Sony and M$ could wait till 2014 to release their next console. 

Well, the only one I think who could get away with it is Sony. 

They still have the most expensive console on the market right now, and a big price cut could have a larger impact than one on the Wii or 360, thus allowing the PS3 to sustain semi-decent numbers until 2014. 

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

CGI-Quality said:
ioi said:

Price cuts in the next few months will pick everything up significantly... certainly hitting saturation now at current prices.

And with that, much of the bickering should cease.

Indeed, people acting like it's the end the world because the numbers are boooooring.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson