By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 most surprising moments of 7th gen!?!

I would include Dragon Quest IX going to the DS.  Nobody saw that coming

Around the Network

It went from "PS3 has no games in 2006" to "Wii has no games in 2010". Meanwhile, both still manages to move systems with no games.

Gabe Newell on the Sony stage overshadows everything!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Galaki said:

It went from "PS3 has no games in 2006" to "Wii has no games in 2010". Meanwhile, both still manages to move systems with no games.

Don't forget "X360 has no games" in 2011

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

- a 2D mario platformer
- Angry birds
- iPod/iPhone/Smartphone uprising
- Just Dance
- Facebook gaming
- Duke Nukem didn't took forever

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

for me
Dead Space being really awesome.
Demon Soul's being really awesome.
TWEWY bing really awesome.
Bioware making a shooter, that doesn't shoot poorly :D.

The 3rd Birthday being really aweome... (I know this site hates it, and its not as good as PE1)
But it's a shooter made by SE on the PSP... 2 things I normally hate. But I loved it.
Peace Walker. My favorite MGS game in about 10 years... is a shooter on the psp >_< game. wtf

Not that there weren't lots of games being really aweseome! These were the "surprises" for me.

Porcupine_I said:
Galaki said:

Don't forget "X360 has no games" in 2011

Nah. Xbox360 is doing just fine.

whats so surprising about COD4 getting good sales? it was the best fps ever when it released and still is one of the best today.

im more surprised about kinect sales given its price and lack of AAA games.

1. Sony falling to last place and Nintendo rising to first place. Although this was fairly apparent by E3 2006.
2. Mario Kart Wii & DS selling nearly 50 million and , after two lackluster titles (GBA and Gamecube)  failed to impress commercially.
3. Wii Fit selling 41.5 million copies
4. Nintendo having not just the most widely distributed game: Wii Sports at over 75 million, but the top 5 best selling games of all time in one generation: Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros, and Nintendogs.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mega Man 9 and 10