By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 most surprising moments of 7th gen!?!

dsage01 said:

For starters I'm not downplaying but I agree next time I should check for proof to back me up. BTW no one taught Halo 3 would fail. Bioshock didn't do that great and same with orange box. I have to admit Gears was huge but it only got 1.94 million after 2007! That's really sad. Maybe becuase of Gears 2. I still think back then there weren't really that many big seller for any console.

Sorry for making assumptions. Anyway all I'm saying is compared to halo and halo 2 on the xbox, halo 3 had far more quality games to deal with near its release date on the 360. Also while no one thought it would fail, its unheard of for a game to sell to 1/3 of its console userbase in 1 week except for launch titles. No one expected those kinds of sales until its preorders numbers started being publicized. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

i didn't expect 360 to be the jrpg king

it isn't, DS (followed by PSP) is

enrageorange said:
dsage01 said:

For starters I'm not downplaying but I agree next time I should check for proof to back me up. BTW no one taught Halo 3 would fail. Bioshock didn't do that great and same with orange box. I have to admit Gears was huge but it only got 1.94 million after 2007! That's really sad. Maybe becuase of Gears 2. I still think back then there weren't really that many big seller for any console.

Sorry for making assumptions. Anyway all I'm saying is compared to halo and halo 2 on the xbox, halo 3 had far more quality games to deal with near its release date on the 360. Also while no one thought it would fail, its unheard of for a game to sell to 1/3 of its console userbase in 1 week except for launch titles. No one expected those kinds of sales until its preorders numbers started being publicized. 

Yeah that's true. But I still think it only sold more than Halo 2 on week 1 because of it's massive hype which I'm pretty sure Reach didn't have. And of course it was a great game.

Every console selling over 50 million.

Mass Effect 3 is coming 1 year after Mass Effect 2 (while Bioware is also making 2 games during Mass Effect 3's development).

Around the Network

Oh yeah the biggest suprise ever is that an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch canrun Unreal Engine 3 & are more powerful than Wii, PS2, Xbox, DS & PSP

leslie2233 said:

Oh yeah the biggest suprise ever is that an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch canrun Unreal Engine 3 & are more powerful than Wii, PS2, Xbox, DS & PSP

not sure if serious...

Also, keep in mind that RE4 Wii edition, was a last gen port are therefore understates the power  of the Wii.

1. Nintendo dominating the generation
2. Sony losing it's dominance
3. The huge success of Xbox 360
4. The extreme length and vitality of this generation
5. Call of Duty phenomenon
6. Kinect success
7. RROD fiasco
8. PC gaming and PC graphics getting outmaneuvered by console power
9. MS losing Bungie
10. Nearly all third party developers have gone multiplatform

MrT-Tar said:
enditall727 said:

i didn't expect 360 to be the jrpg king

it isn't, DS (followed by PSP) is

And Demon's Souls says hello

Gabe Newell appearing at Sony's 2010 E3 conference...

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.