By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 most surprising moments of 7th gen!?!

• Success of Wii and DS
  • High prices of PS360
  • FFXIII multiplat
  • Monster Hunter Tri, Dragon Quest X and Goldeneye being Wii-Exclusive
  • Success of Wii ____ series and Layton
  • Critical success of the two galaxy games
  • Reveal of Kinect
  • Success of COD despite it being in a downards spiral
  • MKWii>Halo GT5
That's about it, no order

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

It went from "PS3 has no games in 2006" to "Wii has no games in 2011". Meanwhile, both still manages to move systems with no games.

Fixed that for ya

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

enrageorange said:

10. Halo 3 selling 3.8mil week one on an 11mil userbase console.

9. Xbox 360 more than doubling original xbox sales and its pretty safe to say it will more than triple xbox sales.

8. Nintendo wii becoming nintendo's best selling home console ever.

7. Call of Duty becoming by far the biggest franchise on the xbox 360. (360 owners like their addicting fps multiplayer progression)

6. Call of Duty becoming by far the biggest franchise on the playstation 3(Considering no other fps games have great sales other than resistance 1)

5. Brain Age Week one sales 145k, game is a flop?. Brain age lifetime sales 20mil

4. Success of motion control this gen on all three consoles.

3. Wii Fit's huge success. A balance board and exersising game for 100$ selling over 20million copies... twice!?!?!?

2. All three consoles on their way or already sold over 75mil. All will be ahead of the best selling console 3 generations ago.

1. 6. A dog caring simulator outselling pokemon on a nintendo handheld.

Halo 3 sold 3.8 million in a 18 million userbase. Because at that time the only game was Gears of war

HKN said:

COD turning to shit yet sales keep going up , After the masterpiece that was COD4 , all other cods have been awful .

So true. I looks at Killzone, Halo, Uncharted, Gears and all the other better games and they sell nothing comapred to COD though Call of duty is made of shit.

Gabe's staging on Sony's E3.

That is the only thing that surprised me.

Around the Network

i didn't expect 360 to be the jrpg king

Hm... So in other words everyone seemed surprised the 360 and Wii sold so well, but everyone predicted that the ps3 would go from danger of getting discontinued (according to certain people...) to beating 360 and wii on a weakly basis.

I mean sure. It happens in every generation that the 3rd console suddently does so well.

dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

9. Xbox 360 more than doubling original xbox sales and its pretty safe to say it will more than triple xbox sales.

7. Call of Duty becoming by far the biggest franchise on the xbox 360. (360 owners like their addicting fps multiplayer progression)

6. Call of Duty becoming by far the biggest franchise on the playstation 3(Considering no other fps games have great sales other than resistance 1)

5. Brain Age Week one sales 145k, game is a flop?. Brain age lifetime sales 20mil

3. Wii Fit's huge success. A balance board and exersising game for 100$ selling over 20million copies... twice!?!?!?

2. All three consoles on their way or already sold over 75mil. All will be ahead of the best selling console 3 generations ago.

Halo 3 sold 3.8 million in a 18 million userbase. Because at that time the only game was Gears of war

halo 3 sold 3.8mil week 1 in a 11.7mil userbase.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=38991&reg=World&date=39355 though nice try

which happened after gears of war sold over 4mil copies and many people were claiming halo would be dead because of its popularity. It came out slightly after bioshock and the orange box. It sold that well despite those two having immense critical acclaim. There were indeed plenty of other great xbox 360 games at the time. Just because its multiplatform doesn't mean it doesn't compete with the exclusives. Try harder to downplay next time.

enrageorange said:
dsage01 said:
enrageorange said:

halo 3 sold 3.8mil week 1 in a 11.7mil userbase.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=38991&reg=World&date=39355 though nice try

which happened after gears of war sold over 4mil copies and many people were claiming halo would be dead because of its popularity. It came out slightly after bioshock and the orange box. It sold that well despite those two having immense critical acclaim. There were indeed plenty of other great xbox 360 games at the time. Just because its multiplatform doesn't mean it doesn't compete with the exclusives. Try harder to downplay next time.

For starters I'm not downplaying but I agree next time I should check for proof to back me up. BTW no one taught Halo 3 would fail. Bioshock didn't do that great and same with orange box. I have to admit Gears was huge but it only got 1.94 million after 2007! That's really sad. Maybe becuase of Gears 2. I still think back then there weren't really that many big seller for any console.

enditall727 said:

i didn't expect 360 to be the jrpg king

It isn't.