By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TheGUNNShop says "Nintendo Wii 2 is a joke!"

TheGUNNShop says "Nintendo Wii 2 is a joke!"

Yes, he is right 64 25.91%

No, this guy's a joke 115 46.56%

I'm not sure 35 14.17%

See poll 33 13.36%

Total:247

Never heard of this guy. Don't agree with him either, we just have to wait and see.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Never heard of the guy before, but watching the video, he looks like some sort of low brow bumpkin trying to sound like a knowledgeable tech guy. He is attempting this by spouting out what he thinks is right based on minimal research, and ignoring the striking flaws in his own argument.

I see no reason to respect him, but many to think he should be ridiculed. For starters, his beard alone looks like some sort of barnyard animal's public hair.

Most famous gamer on youtube is the Angry Nintendo Nerd or Zero Punctuation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Azelover said:
Kenny said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

nothing new here, he's only stating the obvious: nintendo are behind on graphics and thats why they suffer in terms of 3rd party support.

wii did well because it popularised motion gaming but i dont see anything that special in the specifications rumored so far and that means it will most likely end up like gamecube.

From an historical standpoint, the 3rd party support situation this generation is totally unprecedented.  In general, the weakest console in any given generation tends to be the winner (see: Game Boy vs Game Gear, PSX vs N64, PS2 vs GC/XBox, DS vs PSP, Wii vs PS3/360), which in turn leads them to attract the most and best 3rd party support.  The first half of the historical trend was met, but the second half was not.  Granted, the gap in graphical power this generation is greater than it was in the past, but with the financial challenges of HD development and history in mind, third parties' abject refusal to support the market leader this generation is nothing short of puzzling.

To wit: Never in the history of the console wars has the best-selling system in a generation received the worst third party support.  Until the Wii.

Actually that's not true. The Wii has the most third party games out of all consoles, it got the most support technically.

That's why I qualified it as 'most and best', and not just 'most'.  I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the overall quality of the Wii's third party support is disproportionately low in relation to its marketshare.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Kenny said:
Azelover said:
Kenny said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

nothing new here, he's only stating the obvious: nintendo are behind on graphics and thats why they suffer in terms of 3rd party support.

wii did well because it popularised motion gaming but i dont see anything that special in the specifications rumored so far and that means it will most likely end up like gamecube.

From an historical standpoint, the 3rd party support situation this generation is totally unprecedented.  In general, the weakest console in any given generation tends to be the winner (see: Game Boy vs Game Gear, PSX vs N64, PS2 vs GC/XBox, DS vs PSP, Wii vs PS3/360), which in turn leads them to attract the most and best 3rd party support.  The first half of the historical trend was met, but the second half was not.  Granted, the gap in graphical power this generation is greater than it was in the past, but with the financial challenges of HD development and history in mind, third parties' abject refusal to support the market leader this generation is nothing short of puzzling.

To wit: Never in the history of the console wars has the best-selling system in a generation received the worst third party support.  Until the Wii.

Actually that's not true. The Wii has the most third party games out of all consoles, it got the most support technically.

That's why I qualified it as 'most and best', and not just 'most'.  I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the overall quality of the Wii's third party support is disproportionately low in relation to its marketshare.

But that's only relative to your taste. Most third parties would argue they were trying to appeal to the Wii's audience.

zgamer5 said:

husky is popular, but the cod guys like whiteboy7thstreet and woodysgamertag are more popular, as well as guns4hire(his channel is nextgentactics) and hes the one from the gun shop.

also who started the ps3 vs 360 war? is it elpresador? because from what i know that war ended, and mld is just posting vids wile being very lonely.

Not seen too many of the cod players, but I know there are a lot of big guys out there.

Elpresador started all the fanboy videos of the "Trey Brotherhood" and whatever. With MLD coming out on his own to try efend the 360 and getting a 360 set of fanboys. Pres then decided he was bored of it and told everyone of the fanboys who watched his videos that they were nerds, and he bought a 360 

I thought MLD stopped it though because someone found out where he lived or something...

Around the Network

Someone just told me I deserve to live inside a box for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I get what he is saying but really all that matters are the games.

Not sure where to begin on deconstructing this crap, so i'll cede to my own laziness and just grunt in annoyance

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

zgamer5 said:
Carl2291 said:
Acevil said:

He doesn't even reach 20k views, that is kind of sad. Since I know a bunch of video game youtube people that easily triple that and more. 

He also single handedly turned Youtube into a PS3 vs 360 war and started the whole "Trey 4 Life" saying before he did his gameplay videos.

And yet, you know Pres, while I have no idea who "TheGUNNShop" is. Anyway, I know Pres isn't the most well known, I just posted a GIF of himm laughing to say "No."

If I was going to say anyone is the most well known gamer on Youtube, I would say TotalHalibut or more likely - Husky. Hell, Marriland was up there before he removed all his videos.

husky is popular, but the cod guys like whiteboy7thstreet and woodysgamertag are more popular, as well as guns4hire(his channel is nextgentactics) and hes the one from the gun shop.

also who started the ps3 vs 360 war? is it elpresador? because from what i know that war ended, and mld is just posting vids wile being very lonely.

Damn why does this keep breaking? 

anyway 

ranked by Subs

HuskyStarcraft Subscribers:454,393

WhiteBoy7thst Subscribers:350,720

HDstarcraft Subscribers:349,092

NextGenTactics Subscribers:334,081

TotalHalibut aka TotalBiscuit Subscribers:310,124

WoodysGamertag Subscribers:309,581

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Man this guys nuts. He's speculating on leaked speculated specs. If the card is actually a 2008 chip then yah I'll be alittle dissapointed. But you know what it would be smart for Nintendo to do so. He talks about taking a loss at launch, Nintendo has never lost money on hardware.

As for playing catch up its funny, Nintendo out doing 360/PS3 is not playing catch up it is taking an early lead. Now of course I am pretty sure that the chips inside Nintendo's next console will be custom made as they always are. Also he mentions how far ahead PC is, but how many games out their are using the latest PC hardware to its max?

He mentions BattleField 3, is that using the PC's hardware capabilities to their max? Just because it can't be done on a Console or low end PC doesn't mean its maxing out the hardware. THQ stated that a big budget next gen game would cost around 100$ at retail they said it would cost almost double to develop over the current generation.

So to max out the PC current day (I assume would be nearly on par with what THQ meant by next gen console) then your talking what 30-40 million dollars. I have yet to hear of any game being made that truly maxes out PC.

I think its funny, I haven't had access to a computer for the last two weeks. But I've had my DS and have been watching these rumours. People are going nuts but you know something, Nintendo is very good at keeping secrets their also very good with PR and media stunts. I wouldn't even put it past Nintendo to be purposely leaking some of these stories.

I mean on the one hand you have this controller with a six inch HD screen, but then their a rumoured Wiimote like device more accurate and powerful then Move. Then theirs the specs some are saying it will be alittle above PS3, others say its going to blow PS3 out of the water.

The leaked specs are hilarious, if they were legit Nintendo would be shutting those sites down very quickly.

Its speculation based on speculation. I speculate the console will be more powerful then PS3, it will probably be in line with how DreamCast set the bar after N64, with PS2(PS4) and X-Box (Nex-Box) coming later and being more powerful. I also doubt the controller with the 6 inch screen, its possible but I'm not going to believe that till Nintendo says so themselves.

This guys a joke, no good game journalist would do a rant and insult a companies product before the product is even announced. This guy tore into Nintendo, heck if I was Nintendo I would black ball this guy no more interviews or press passes for this idiot.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer