By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TheGUNNShop says "Nintendo Wii 2 is a joke!"

TheGUNNShop says "Nintendo Wii 2 is a joke!"

Yes, he is right 64 25.91%

No, this guy's a joke 115 46.56%

I'm not sure 35 14.17%

See poll 33 13.36%

Total:247

"THQ stated that a big budget next gen game would cost around 100$ at retail they said it would cost almost double to develop over the current generation."

This is why the graphics race has to stop. They aren't making the games better (the good games are due to talent, not waving their specs around), and the sales have NOT risen this generation to match the increased cost over last generation.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I think that he's getting a little excited already, considering everything is rumour. BUT, rumours have been hitting real close to home over the past few years, so I think that the rumours are pretty accurate for the Wii 2. I am not going to make a decision on it until E3, but if all of the rumours are true, I have to agree with him. I think Nintendo could be making a huge mistake with this next console. God I love E3!!! For once, I'll be looking forward to Nintendo's press conference.

LordTheNightKnight said:

"THQ stated that a big budget next gen game would cost around 100$ at retail they said it would cost almost double to develop over the current generation."

This is why the graphics race has to stop. They aren't making the games better (the good games are due to talent, not waving their specs around), and the sales have NOT risen this generation to match the increased cost over last generation.

Graphics should not affect development ability or cost. Its the hardware itself. The 360 uses simple tech compared to the PS3, which is why PS3 games still cost more to develop for and its cheaper to make the PS3 game the main platform and port over to the 360 versus the otherway around. Creation of higher quality textures and graphics might take a fraction longer, but the cost of making textures in Photoshop is the exact same no matter if your making an SNES game or a PlayStation 9 game.

If the Wii2, PS4, and x720 use similar tech then there is zero reason for developers to have to hire new developers to  teach themselved a platform.

The only expensive part of developing consoles is the fact your need new development kits and stronger PCs. Which by now devs should have been way, way overspec the PC side compared to the PS4/x720 thanks to Intel's Skulltrail. If not its their problem. Plus, to start things off there is always the PSN/XBLA/WW that smaller games can be made to make transitions to new platforms more profitable and easier.

$100 games will only happen if inflation goes sky-high, which is not the fault of the game industry, rather the government.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

FattyDingDong said:

No it's his second channel, his main channel NextGenTactics has over 3000k subscribers

I wish I had three thousand thousand subscribers... *sigh*... maybe one day...

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

ssj12 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Graphics should not affect development ability or cost. Its the hardware itself. The 360 uses simple tech compared to the PS3, which is why PS3 games still cost more to develop for and its cheaper to make the PS3 game the main platform and port over to the 360 versus the otherway around. Creation of higher quality textures and graphics might take a fraction longer, but the cost of making textures in Photoshop is the exact same no matter if your making an SNES game or a PlayStation 9 game.

If the Wii2, PS4, and x720 use similar tech then there is zero reason for developers to have to hire new developers to  teach themselved a platform.

The only expensive part of developing consoles is the fact your need new development kits and stronger PCs. Which by now devs should have been way, way overspec the PC side compared to the PS4/x720 thanks to Intel's Skulltrail. If not its their problem. Plus, to start things off there is always the PSN/XBLA/WW that smaller games can be made to make transitions to new platforms more profitable and easier.

$100 games will only happen if inflation goes sky-high, which is not the fault of the game industry, rather the government.

Did you miss my point entirely? How does "graphics race" mean "development on a new system"? Read my comment again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

He's fine when he's talkking about Call of Duty or FPS but lately when he's been giving his personal opinion I've been hard to watch him. It's like h's running his mouth just to run it in order to have another channel. This pretty much caused me to canceled my subscription to his channel and all the other NGT channels. Don't have time or the desire to put up with his crap any long. Not a big lose by any stretch of the imagination anyway.

Carl2291 said:
zgamer5 said:

husky is popular, but the cod guys like whiteboy7thstreet and woodysgamertag are more popular, as well as guns4hire(his channel is nextgentactics) and hes the one from the gun shop.

also who started the ps3 vs 360 war? is it elpresador? because from what i know that war ended, and mld is just posting vids wile being very lonely.

Not seen too many of the cod players, but I know there are a lot of big guys out there.

Elpresador started all the fanboy videos of the "Trey Brotherhood" and whatever. With MLD coming out on his own to try efend the 360 and getting a 360 set of fanboys. Pres then decided he was bored of it and told everyone of the fanboys who watched his videos that they were nerds, and he bought a 360 

I thought MLD stopped it though because someone found out where he lived or something...

yeah he got blackmailed, but then he came back.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

LordTheNightKnight said:

I agree with this.

I've said for a while now that we don't need to go too far beyond the PS3/360 level of graphics.

I will agree with Knight on this one.

Creation of art, code and such for 360/PS3 is really high. It is not dramatically affecting gameplay.

Nintendo knows this. I trust they will do the right thing.

hello everyone,im wholesale supplier online==                                                                

our website:=====( http://www.tntn.us)=====
free shipping
accept paypal credit card
lower price fast shippment with higher quality
BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!
SAFTY & HONESTY GUARANTEE!!
FAST & PROMPT DELIVERY GUARANTEE!!
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30=====
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35===
Hndbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35===
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16=====
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30=====
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $15===
New era cap $10===
Sunglass $ 15
COACH_Necklace $ 27
handbag $ 33
AF tank woman $ 17
puma slipper woman $ 30
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25---
FREE SHIPPING,accept paypal-very good shopping -----
our website:======( http://www.tntn.us)===
Believe you will love it.

★★_★★
_★★___★★
_★★___★★_________★★★★
_★★___★★_______★★___★★★★
_★★__★★_______★___★★___★★
__★★__★______★__★★__★★★_★★
___★★__★____★__★★_____★★__★
____★★_★★__★★_★★________★★
____★★___★★__★★
___★___________★
__★_____________★
_★____0_____0____★
_★_______@_______★
_★_______________★
___★_____v_____★
_____★★_____★★__
  22:27:35
★★_★★
_★★___★★
_★★___★★_________★★★★
_★★___★★_______★★___★★★★
_★★__★★_______★___★★___★★
__★★__★______★__★★__★★★_★★
___★★__★____★__★★_____★★__★
____★★_★★__★★_★★________★★
____★★___★★__★★
___★___________★
__★_____________★
_★____0_____0____★
_★_______@_______★
_★_______________★
___★_____v_____★
_____★★_____★★__ ??? ?' ?'????з=77=ε ???/'? '? ?
lundi 27 septembre 2010 11:22
 http://www.tntn.us/12----