By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Baseline HW Sales after May 15 Price Cut?

Nintendogamer said:

By summer it will drop below 50K ,if a price cut arrives in all regions it will manage to stay above 90K. 1.5M Wii will shipped Q2.

Why exactly?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Let's assume the cut to $150 is real, and mimicked outside the USA in various currencies. What do you expect the Wii baseline to be? In the USA Wii has been $150 before, for brief periods as a loss leader to get store traffic over Christmas. $200 --> $150 is a 25% price cut across the board though.

I'm going to assume Wii stabilizes at 115k / week at $200 until May 15 (60k / 45k / 10k roughly between Americas, EMEAA, Japan).

In the week after the price cut I'm going to say:

- 150k Americas  I'll say 120k

- 20k Japan

- 100k EMEAA

For the next two weeks (til end of May), hw will decline 10-15% from the initial large lift.

By June, I think figures stabilize at these levels for a couple months (June 1 - Aug 1 at least):

- 110k 80k Americas (60k ish base line currently)

- 14k 11k Japan (9k base line currently)

- 70k 60k EMEAA (45k baseline currently)

Presumably after July, the price cut will begin to wear off, particularly if PS3 / X360 get price cuts but more software will arrive after E3 you have to figure.

Over Nov-Dec we'll likely see another large spike particularly if Walmart / BB etc give away $50 - $75 gift cards with Wii (even if you just want Wii for 2-3 games, it becomes a steal at $175 for a NEW console and three-four games).

I have no faith in this price cut being significant for more than 3 weeks worldwide due the complete lack of software to launch or support it. Also, the summer months have never been kind to hardware sales in the first place; better to leave it for late September like last time.

When Nintendo releases software this year, assuming everything we heard of is indeed for 2011, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will match 2010 numbers within 7%. I mean, Dragon Quest is good for at least 2.75m in Japan and probably 75k in hardware. Zelda is prime for 5.25 million at least and substantial boosting worldwide (25k-40k).

Kirby helps to keep things moving and I'm guessing at least one of their other E3 titles will work in conjunction with that. Pikmin, I can't even guarantee for this year, but evergreen sales of the new Wii Play may provide small help.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It will stabilise below PS3 few weeks after price cut.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Nintendogamer said:

By summer it will drop below 50K ,if a price cut arrives in all regions it will manage to stay above 90K. 1.5M Wii will shipped Q2.

You do realize you're starting to sound idiotic and nonsense?

Man, you really should be banned.

The only problem with the Wii is price is not its problem, games is, once it gets those things it will sell. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Due to the timing of it, and the SW releasing around it, I think you have it aimed too high.

SaviorX's numbers of...

"- 110k 80k Americas (60k ish base line currently)

14k 11k Japan (9k base line currently)

70k 60k EMEAA (45k baseline currently)"

... Look more accurate IMO.

Won't do much for Wii, or any of the other consoles. Videogame market is saturated and Wii audience is ready for a new machine.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

psrock said:

The only problem with the Wii is price is not its problem, games is, once it gets those things it will sell. 

price is a problem for the more casual people and some HD owners.  

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
psrock said:

please elaborate ...

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
menx64 said:
psrock said:

please elaborate ...

the only system sellers at this point would be a new super mario bros or a new big pokemon game, I am sure excited for TLS, xenoblade, Zelda, but none of those games are going to have a big effect on sales. Zelda could boost the wii a little bit, a zelda collection bundle or something will sell big but not like mario or pokemon. A price drop however plus some deals could make the wii an easy sell. Zelda SS, Wii, wii sports= $199, or it could even be $149 with a $50 giftcard...

I know there are some great games coming, buy none of those games will lift the wii as a price cut will do... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064