By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Baseline HW Sales after May 15 Price Cut?

That depends on if the PS3 and 360 get a price cut as well. What if MS price cuts really aggressivelly and has the Core for U$129? Or Sony drops the PS3 to U$199? Too early to tell right now.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Nintendogamer said:

By summer it will drop below 50K ,if a price cut arrives in all regions it will manage to stay above 90K. 1.5M Wii will shipped Q2.

You do realize you're starting to sound idiotic and nonsense?

Man, you really should be banned.

How so?wii took a big dive I mean 115K that's low, it was 20K down from last week, so it's bound to drop a again by summer with no price cut.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

TheSource said:

Why would that happen? The holiday lift will be smaller but in 2009, rumors of the price cut in late September were floating around in June - September and the lift was still pretty substantial if you back and look at our data.

Past performance is not a measure of future success 

geez, yet another thread where the foresight of nintendogamer looks terrible but the hindsight is pretty close.

kitler53 said:

geez, yet another thread where the foresight of nintendogamer looks terrible but the hindsight is pretty close.

If he were wrong though he'd do what he did last christmas

'All those haters doubting Wii, Wii is the winner '

lol something like that ... I have to say he's kinda becoming a VGC Icon though xD

Around the Network

love the thread :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Ah atleast TheSource was less than 60% off.

Nintendogamers looks like going to be the winner.

I wasn't as far off as you guys think - when I did the article on this I had Wii doubling in the Americas and plus 80% in EMEAA. We have plus 50% in EMEAA in 2 days, and plus 80% in the Americas - the baseline figures in the initial post are just much stronger than what Wii was at leading to the cut.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Exactly as I thought would happen.  Wii takes back the sales lead again.  Seriously, some of the people made some really idiotic threads because of that sales dip.  There's a dry spell in Wii's software lineup and a price cut coming, why the hell is it shocking you people that the Wii hardware sales fell.  

Japanese numbers still aren't out yet, will probably boost nintendo to around 140-150 thousand consoles.  Im curious about weather the numbers will go up or down next week though.  I don't think Nintendo will lose the top spot even if we are at the peak of the sales right now, but I think sales are a little bit high considering a price cut just happened.  Although Wii sales have usually shown a pattern of being slow and steady so the real results won't show for a few months yet.  

TheSource said:

I wasn't as far off as you guys think - when I did the article on this I had Wii doubling in the Americas and plus 80% in EMEAA. We have plus 50% in EMEAA in 2 days, and plus 80% in the Americas - the baseline figures in the initial post are just much stronger than what Wii was at leading to the cut.

Yakuzaice said:

Your problem is you're using March numbers to extrapolate sales in the summer. 

Also your expectations for the first week are much more than 80% higher.  150% for America and 122% for EMEAA.