By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide sales of PS3 and 360 from the 10th of Nov to the 15th of Dec.

ultraslick said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gobias said:
I wonder how many times Avinash_Tyagi has typed the words "supply constraint" or "supply constrained".

As many times as needed

you can't ignore the fact that the PS3 didn't release until the 23rd of March. It does make a difference.

If there weren't PS3's on the shelf I might say yes, but there are meaning even though people could have bought it they didn't , which means the extra few weeks wouldn't have made a difference

I can sort of understand what you are saying.

But won't you admit that the PS3 would have seen gains that the xbox did see if it had released earlier in Europe? 

Possibly, but only if there had been a huge rush by scalpers to try and obtain the PS3 for resale on ebay, however it would have merely taken away from sales in NA and Japan resulting in the same overall sales level

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

so from 3rd of November to the end of the year sales look like this:

PS3: 3,297,646

360: 3,078,406

So this holiday season the PS3 outsold the 360 by 219,240 units. Who predicted this?

tombi123 said:
so from 3rd of November to the end of the year sales look like this:

PS3: 3,297,646

360: 3,078,406

So this holiday season the PS3 outsold the 360 by 219,240 units. Who predicted this?

Not many. In fact alot of posters predicted the PS3 would be a distant third for the holiday season.

I knew the PS3 would be huge in Europe this christmas, but I thought it would only be able to keep up with the 360 this christmas. I thought the 360 would still outsell the PS3 by 500k or so.

Impressive, I don't think anyone really predicted that the ps3 would outsell the 360 worldwide this holiday...I didn't, so I admit, I was wrong---DANG!!!

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Around the Network

Congrats to the PS3!

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com