By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide sales of PS3 and 360 from the 10th of Nov to the 15th of Dec.

leo-j said:
So far the holiday season has went to sony..

Well, in the grand scheme of things, the DS was the clear winner :)

Seriously, they seem to have tied right now. It's hard to tell. Sony might beat Microsoft, but like the OP said, it's really close. If either wins, it's by the skin of their teeth.

Around the Network

Ninendo doesn't need to fear GTA at all i think
the Wii's got a significant different appeal than the PS3 and 360
people chose between the PS3 and the 360
and in much lesser amount between a Wii and a PS3 or 360

''Hadouken!''

leo-j said:
@endurance

We never talked about nintendo did we? Im taking about X360 vs ps3.

well ok then that makes more sense but if you look from the beggining 360 just beats it buts its in the margin of error

Ajax said:
Ninendo doesn't need to fear GTA at all i think
the Wii's got a significant different appeal than the PS3 and 360
people chose between the PS3 and the 360
and in much lesser amount between a Wii and a PS3 or 360

well GTA will hurt them but not that much

but what are actually the big titles for the Wii coming year, besides Mario Kart en SSBB?

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
endurance said:
leo-j said:
@endurance

We never talked about nintendo did we? Im taking about X360 vs ps3.

well ok then that makes more sense but if you look from the beggining 360 just beats it buts its in the margin of error

blah blah blah!!!

I still have the best avatar on the site

mM
Ajax said:
but what are actually the big titles for the Wii coming year, besides Mario Kart en SSBB?

Wii fit

mM

The 360 is living large in America. It has been effectively tied recently with the Wii (because of the latter's constrained supply).

However, the 360 sells like the 2800* did in Japan -- which means it doesn't. (2800 is Japanse version of Atari 2600).

Sony has a good track record in Others (Europe), so it has begun to outperform 360 there. But it can't seem to sell its way out of paper bag in America.

Meanwhile, the Wii keeps chugging along, winning Others and Japan and battling for the lead in America (and winning it when there are consoles to sell).

In other words, this battle is tight, but it is for second. In the long-run, it will probably be Sony winning the weekly battles but MS may have won the war with its one-year head state (at least vis-a-vis Sony and possibly vs. Nintendo in America. That lead has stayed between 2M and 2.5M for a while).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The speed with which the PS3 is cathing 360 will increase drastically next year. Come end of '08, it'll be very close indeed.

yeah sorry that was using figures from the week ending 10th of november. so really it is from the 4th of Nov to the 15th of dec.