Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide sales of PS3 and 360 from the 10th of Nov to the 15th of Dec.

These are the sales of the PS3 and the 360 from 4th of nov to the 15th of dec.

PS3: 2,160,202

360: 2,146,542

The numbers are from vgchartz so if someone wants to check them that would be great. I think they are correct. 

As you can see it is extremely tight. The PS3 just has the edge. Selling an extra 13,660 consoles. But this is well within the margin of error, so basically it is a tie. Does anyone have any bets on which console will sell better this christmas?

So, which console do you think will sell the most between the 10th of November and the end of the year?



Around the Network

well after this week i think we will know who will sell better



The difference is negligible and makes no real difference.



360 will gain ground this week: PS3 is 120k ahead of 360 in Others, and at most 50k in Japan judging from the preliminary data, so 170k in total (at most). In America, last week, the difference was 140k. This week this 140k difference will grow due to increased sales in pre-Christmas week.

In terms of total sales for the holiday season, it will be a near tie, though. PS3 has its first Christmas in Europe, which together with a 33% price cut gave it a big advantage there. If the PS3 keeps closing the gap in Europe, Microsoft will probably cut their prices.

 



My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

yeah a tie at the moment. but I only see the PS3 widening the gap in the coming weeks. the 360 would need to out sell the PS3 by like 170,000 in NA this week for it not to get outsold this week



Around the Network
NJ5 said:

360 will gain ground this week: PS3 is 120k ahead of 360 in Others, and at most 50k in Japan judging from the preliminary data, so 170k in total (at most). In America, last week, the difference was 140k. This week this 140k difference will grow due to increased sales in pre-Christmas week.

In terms of total sales for the holiday season, it will be a near tie, though. PS3 has its first Christmas in Europe, which together with a 33% price cut gave it a big advantage there. If the PS3 keeps closing the gap in Europe, Microsoft will probably cut their prices.

 


yep 360 is in serious need for a price cut in europe



tombi123 said:
yeah a tie at the moment. but I only see the PS3 widening the gap in the coming weeks. the 360 would need to out sell the PS3 by like 170,000 in NA this week for it not to get outsold this week


i think it will outsell it by that much because of the big christmas boost



My guess: Sony I think. It's hard to tell, but I think the ball is in their court. The price drop was done at a very good time, and may be what gives them the edge.

But it might as well be a tie. Really (and a bit oddly) close. Thanks for the actual numbers though.



Problem for Sony is even if they are outselling, its by such a small number that they will not be able to recover the gap between the two consoles by the end of this gen



 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Smashchu said:
My guess: Sony I think. It's hard to tell, but I think the ball is in their court. The price drop was done at a very good time, and may be what gives them the edge.

But it might as well be a tie. Really (and a bit oddly) close. Thanks for the actual numbers though.

it will depend alot on how ps3 will do in japan