By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

Seece said:
Xerofortune said:
kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

Over 50m? How much over? Like 360 (over 50m = 50.8m)?

And how much can Sony ship in more 2 days for 31th March (Q4) numbers?

CONGRATS PS3... NEXT MILESTONE: 100 MILLION.

Isn't that a little too high to aim? Shouldn't the next milestone be 75 million? I am not saying ps3 can't reach 100 million, but if it does it will be at the end of the lifecycle. 

I am.

I have only 4 words for you........

B_EL_I_E_V_E in teh Cell???

Silly Seece, B_E_L_I_E_V_E is not a realy word! Also his four words were I like Lemon Pie. Seriously what are his four words. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Xerofortune said:
kowenicki said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

Over 50m? How much over? Like 360 (over 50m = 50.8m)?

And how much can Sony ship in more 2 days for 31th March (Q4) numbers?

CONGRATS PS3... NEXT MILESTONE: 100 MILLION.

Isn't that a little too high to aim? Shouldn't the next milestone be 75 million? I am not saying ps3 can't reach 100 million, but if it does it will be at the end of the lifecycle. 

I am.

I have only 4 words for you........

and they are?

It only does everything?

I give up ... maybe he just wants to curse you?

Seece said:

Why would they say "Reached" for PS3 and "Surpassed" for Move?

Because 50 mil PS3s have been shipped NOT sold, and Move has sold over 8 mil units. thats what i think anyway.

kowenicki said:

I'm interested to know what you mean by that.

I imagine it means something along the lines of Sony learning from the (Huge) mistakes made with PS3, and that the PS brand still, despite the PS3's drop in sales compared to PS2, is still alive, well and huge.

hudsoniscool said:

i know this is a ps3 thread but with ps3 at 50 million(great milestone) 360 is probably at a liitle over 53 million right now. does anyone know if ps3 has gained on the 360 since last official numbers. damn its taken 5 years for ps3 to gain 3 million by that it could take another 5 until they are even.

i think the averge move owner has about 2 moves so that would put the unique users at about 4 million, which i think is decent.

It wont take 5 years. At this rate it might take a year and a half to become even. Sony is gaining at 1.6 million console increments per year as their console gathers more value. Thats kinda amazing. The Xbox never gained value as it died off last gen, it kinda died period. This has everything to do with Sony's amazing lineups since they got off of their asses in 2008. This could be considered the best gaming comeback ever. Fanboys...do not eat this up even if it might be true...but yes, Sony would've pulled off something crazier than their lineups.

Around the Network

PS3 is on the road to become a 100 million seller yes IT CAN HAPPEN

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Bringing the topic...back on topic, I do think the PS3 had made quite a turnaround. Yeah, it definitely didn't get off to a good stgart, but it's rebound puts a strength into the future of PlayStation. I don't see this gen repeated.

Exactly what it says.

It's ambiguous, a bit of a sound bite tbh... not being difficult, I just wondered what it meant.

I'm not sure how going from 1st to 3rd, with an undeniable diminishing of the brand strength and losing a ton of money strengthens their arm for the future?

Unles you mean purely from a perspective of   "shit.. we wont do that again".

weren't yoou preaching on how others should learn about basic business principles earlier in the thread? :P and you say this

PS3 was in a HORRIBLE position. However The past is the past, sunk costs are just that, as long as they made a good comeback, show positive signs of growth, still shows strength in brand recognition, shows that they know what they did wrong and have done very well to recover from that. We are talking about the future here. At this moment, it's looking good from a business pov. It's outselling the competition, getting much better SW support than them and haven't hit below 299 yet! So yeah, future does look good.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Bringing the topic...back on topic, I do think the PS3 had made quite a turnaround. Yeah, it definitely didn't get off to a good stgart, but it's rebound puts a strength into the future of PlayStation. I don't see this gen repeated.

Exactly what it says.

It's ambiguous, a bit of a sound bite tbh... not being difficult, I just wondered what it meant.

I'm not sure how going from 1st to 3rd, with an undeniable diminishing of the brand strength and losing a ton of money strengthens their arm for the future?

weren't yoou preaching on how others should learn about basic business principles earlier in the thread? :P and you say this

PS3 was in a HORRIBLE position. However The past is the past, sunk costs are just that, as long as they made a good comeback, show positive signs of growth, still shows strength in brand recognition, shows that they know what they did wrong and have done very well to recover from that. We are talking about the future here. At this moment, it's looking good from a business pov. It's outselling the competition, getting much better SW support than them and haven't hit below 299 yet! So yeah, future does look good.

Sorry but it was me. Not kowen. 
It might have been this thread or another thread. Also it isn't outmaking profit for Sony, so business POV it isn't good. Right now Microsoft is making the most profit in full year. 

Add: Actually in terms of business POV, it is dead last in terms of profit for this year it looks like it (after reports come in). 

Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Exactly what it says.

It might have been this thread or another thread. Also it isn't outmaking profit for Sony, so business POV it isn't good. Right now Microsoft is making the most profit in full year. 

Add: Actually in terms of business POV, it is dead last in terms of profit for this year it looks like it (after reports come in). 

again, you need to think of it in the way how they recovered. Sunk costs are sunk costs. They have turned things around big time. What do you think? the board of directors and investors are still crying over how poorly they did? hell no. Again, many ninty fans tend to do this, just because competition does better, does not in any way mean that the other party is doing bad. They are staying relevant and showing growth. THAT's What matters for the future. They ARE making a profit compared to how they did in the past. They should and will be very happy with how things are. So as CGI said, it looks great for the future.

And honestly acevil I expected better from you, kowen I got exactly what I expect from him but you too? It's like me going into a wii sells xx amount thread and say hah! doesn't matter cuz the sw line up for the market leader sucks compared to 2nd and 3rd place consoles. for shame man, I'm disappoint lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Exactly what it says.

again, you need to think of it in the way how they recovered. Sunk costs are sunk costs. They have turned things around big time. What do you think? the board of directors and investors are still crying over how poorly they did? hell no. Again, many ninty fans tend to do this, just because competition does better, does not in any way mean that the other party is doing bad. They are staying relevant and showing growth. THAT's What matters for the future. They ARE making a profit compared to how they did in the past. They should and will be very happy with how things are. So as CGI said, it looks great for the future.

And honestly acevil I expected better from you, kowen I got exactly what I expect from him but you too? It's like me going into a wii sells xx amount thread and say hah! doesn't matter cuz the sw line up for the market leader sucks compared to 2nd and 3rd place consoles. for shame man, I'm disappoint lol

I am point out the fact, that sony isn't in the best position like some people are starting to claim, and also that this site focuses way to much attention on hardware sales above all other measurements. 

If you are purely from a fan prespective, Ps3 is one of my favorite consoles and for good reason. 

Add: I wouldn't say business wise it looks great for the sony either, I think they might make the same mistake they did with ps3 with NGP potientially speaking, but honestly speaking, as a fan I shouldn't even care about the business side of things that much. 

Further Add: This is why it is trouble being a fan of the industry, and being knowledgable about the industry in a stronger sense. This industry is one of the worse industries in terms of what happens in the life cycles. It is a price based competition, that has very an unstable platform, it has huge sunk costs, and the competitions sometimes seem like they are in it, for the wrong reasons (HW and SW Publishers).