By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Concerned For Nintendo

Great OP. I have to agree with the majority. I may disagree with a few points here and there, it is nothing to go start pulling straws over.

Honestly, all this "Doomzed" stuff is getting old. Neither Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple or Google have the ability or talent to release a single product to take one of their competitors out of the market entirely. The best they can do is siphon consumers away like a leech and over time bleed one of the others dry to the point where they are not able to compete like they used to. We have not seen this yet.

Most would point to the collapse of Sega and the Dreamcast. Well, there were a number of failures on Sega's part before they collapsed. The Dreamcast was years ahead of it's time and is a great console, but it had to pay for the failures before it (Sega Saturn and Sega CD) along with not being able to sell itself doomed Sega.

Sega's collapse was just as much the product of years of bad decisionmaking from upper management in Sega as it was the onslaught of Sony and Nintendo's competition.

TL;DR: Nintendo is fine. No video game company can single-handedly take out another. The collapse of Sega was just as much the fault of Sega as it was the competition.

Around the Network
cloud1161 said:

idk about nintendo dominating the industry for the past 20 years, i mean the 64 and gamecube gens did not do that great, but i dont think we will ever have to be concerned about nintendo

As the only company that has been positive for the last 20 years, and still competitive in terms of profits by Sony's Entertainment division. Also they dominated the handheld market.

cloud1161 said:

idk about nintendo dominating the industry for the past 20 years, i mean the 64 and gamecube gens did not do that great, but i dont think we will ever have to be concerned about nintendo

This article is primarly concerning itself with handhelds.

However, that 20yr remark was directly referring itself to Nintendo's software dominate with games like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. No matter how you slice it, Nintendo's games have always been the biggest and best in terms of sales and/or revenue.

Just look at the top ... what 15 or so top sellers of all time. All Nintendo.

Good read. Nice to see well thought out arguments. That being said, people will still say the 3DS is doomed, no matter what. The best way to un-Doomz it is by buying it and enjoying it, just like i've done with every nintendo handheld since the original Gameboy.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Killiana1a said:

Honestly, all this "Doomzed" stuff is getting old. Neither Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple or Google have the ability or talent to release a single product to take one of their competitors out of the market entirely. The best they can do is siphon consumers away like a leech and over time bleed one of the others dry to the point where they are not able to compete like they used to. We have not seen this yet.

True.  It is much more likely that one of those companies would take themselves out by making poor decisions.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

about time someone spoke out against all the boring, redundant doom and gloom crap. It hasn't even been a MONTH since the 3DS launched in NA and EU, let alone a year. Heck, big name titles like Mario or Zelda haven't touched the system yet. I bet when the OoT remake hits you'll see a huge boost in sales. The real deciding factor is going to be the holiday season and judging by how the 3DS is looking to have a HUGE lineup by the time the holidays roll around I think Nintendo will be just fine

bookmarked... the nintendo is d00med thing is getting really boring, reading something like this for a change is very nice...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

There never was actual negative analysis, because no analyst logically constructed any argument.

NPD will reveal all. If its 500k be worried, if its 750k the market will recover.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I dont think most people are worried about Nintendo they just want some first party games.

nice to see someone that isn't just calling 'D0med' on the 3DS