By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Concerned For Nintendo

zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

All tis negativity has gone to waste IMO. Nintendo aren't struggling. You're a fool if you reckon so...

Apart from zgamer5 who says the article is wrong. 

Well he's obviously trolling/ a fanboy then

your calling me a fanboy when the artivles says that ninty has the best franchises and you agree with it. how ironic.

Best in terms of best-selling, most impact on the market. Pokemon, Mario, Wii series, Brain Training, Nintendogs... All have sold in the tens of millions of units in recent years, and have sold millions, perhaps tens of millions of consoles. The man who wrote this article is not some blind fanboy, he is a business analyst writing a blog for Forbes. Open your eyes a little.

Around the Network

I think people that agree with the dude should put their money where their mouth is and buy some Ninty stock :P

Me, I'm going to stick with Take Two stock....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

I think people that agree with the dude should put their money where their mouth is and buy some Ninty stock :P

Me, I'm going to stick with Take Two stock....

I agree with this.

Asriel said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

All tis negativity has gone to waste IMO. Nintendo aren't struggling. You're a fool if you reckon so...

your calling me a fanboy when the artivles says that ninty has the best franchises and you agree with it. how ironic.

Best in terms of best-selling, most impact on the market. Pokemon, Mario, Wii series, Brain Training, Nintendogs... All have sold in the tens of millions of units in recent years, and have sold millions, perhaps tens of millions of consoles. The man who wrote this article is not some blind fanboy, he is a business analyst writing a blog for Forbes. Open your eyes a little.

thats why at the time of the gamecube we had the best selling 2d mario. point is if the hardware sales arent huge and dont attract the casuals your not going to get best selling software. 

i am opening my eyes. everywhere around me i see people playing on ipad, iphones, people going out with it, these people are called casuals i dont know if you them but they are the reason the wii and the ds are so succesful. and if they have iphones instead of a 3ds then that means that not all casuals are willing to spend for the premium service, and that apple is in competition with nintendo(thats two points).

and then theirs the: its nintendo theyl do something dont be worried. i acknowledge that over the past years nintendo has been the best most innovative company, but theyr human everybody does mistakes.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Asriel said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

thats why at the time of the gamecube we had the best selling 2d mario. point is if the hardware sales arent huge and dont attract the casuals your not going to get best selling software. 

i am opening my eyes. everywhere around me i see people playing on ipad, iphones, people going out with it, these people are called casuals i dont know if you them but they are the reason the wii and the ds are so succesful. and if they have iphones instead of a 3ds then that means that not all casuals are willing to spend for the premium service, and that apple is in competition with nintendo(thats two points).

and then theirs the: its nintendo theyl do something dont be worried. i acknowledge that over the past years nintendo has been the best most innovative company, but theyr human everybody does mistakes.

I agree with zgamer5 here.

Apple and Nintendo do compete for similar markets. They both produce handheld devices that offer similar user experiences. The main difference is the way they market the devices and that Nintendo also develops gaming software. However, since the xDS and IPxD are both handheld electronic devices that can play games in any way of analyzing the industry it has to be acknoledged there is some overlap.

If what I described didn't resonate, didn't Apple hire Nintendo's marketing lead? 

Around the Network

Nice read.   Simple sense here.   3DS will be fine once there's compelling software out.    So will Wii (but the wait is painful)

zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

Can't deny the facts. Look at the sales data, Metacritic or talk to most people what the best games of all time are, no-one can really ignore Mario, Zelda and even Metroid...

You don't need to be a fanboy to work that one out

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

silicon said:
zgamer5 said:
Asriel said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

I agree with zgamer5 here.

Apple and Nintendo do compete for similar markets. They both produce handheld devices that offer similar user experiences. The main difference is the way they market the devices and that Nintendo also develops gaming software. However, since the xDS and IPxD are both handheld electronic devices that can play games in any way of analyzing the industry it has to be acknoledged there is some overlap.

If what I described didn't resonate, didn't Apple hire Nintendo's marketing lead? 

Apple are rumoured to have, there is no concrete evidence they have hired him. Granted, there may be overlap, but that does not equal direct competition. The main point is that convergent devices such as the iDevices do not spell the end of more divergent devices such as portable games consoles. They will not necessarily erode the userbase of or even sales of devices such as the 3DS. So long as there is compelling content, which Nintendo have and will continue to develop, that will remain the same. The purpose of the 3DS will be to give people a reason to carry a portable games console around with them on a daily basis, and the means for that isn't the 3D effect (though that is an effective immediate hook), the long term hook will be the wireless features and connectivity based on that.

Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

Nice read, and spot on

Can't deny the facts. Look at the sales data, Metacritic or talk to most people what the best games of all time are, no-one can really ignore Mario, Zelda and even Metroid...

You don't need to be a fanboy to work that one out

yes they cant, but saying that nintendo has specifically the best franchises is bs. it all depends on opinion.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Yep, when those great 3DS games come out, it'll take off.  :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger