By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

Hapimeses said:

I agree about Mass Effect, fortunately I have 1&2 on the PC, so I'm covered. :D

As for the JRPGs, I think I'll keep an eye out for them all, see if I spot them on the cheap (or, at least, grab them from LoveFilm).

And I have Bayonette already. It plays perfectly well on PS3 after the patch.

Again, thanks for the recommendations.

I am glad, that game is unbelievably underrated imo

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
Hapimeses said:

I agree about Mass Effect, fortunately I have 1&2 on the PC, so I'm covered. :D

As for the JRPGs, I think I'll keep an eye out for them all, see if I spot them on the cheap (or, at least, grab them from LoveFilm).

And I have Bayonette already. It plays perfectly well on PS3 after the patch.

Again, thanks for the recommendations.

I am glad, that game is unbelievably underrated imo

I wouldn't say it's under rated; after all, it managed a Metacritic of 90. Instead, I'd say it's underappreciated, and certainly an acquired taste. Not a game for everyone, but for those that like the presentation, it's one hell of a game.

Hapimeses said:
Goddbless said:

Retail

• Halo 3 - You wanna play this before Reach, because afterwards you won't want to go back to it.
  • Halo: Reach - It's amazing how being able to run makes the game feel so much better.
  • Halo Wars - If you like Halo and RTS's get this (I myself prefer C&C over it)
  • Dance Central - The Dance Battles can get intense once everyone understands how to play.
  • Kinect Sports - This game spawns so much trash talk it's ridiculous.
  • Alan Wake - Once you get immersed in the game it has some really startling moments.
  • Crackdown 1 & 2 - The 1st one has the better story but the 2nd one has the better weapons.
  • Viva Pinata - I can't really explain it but it's fun!
  • Kameo - Although it's extremely old it's a good game.
  • Ninety Nine Nights - If you liked Dynasty Warriors then you will love this game.
  • Condemned Criminal Origins - I played the 2nd one but it really didn't compare to the 1st.
  • Honorable Mention

• Halo 3: ODST - You're not a Spartan and although you use the same weapons they do you inflict less damage.
    • Dead Rising - Random Wackiness and fun.
    • Splinter Cell: Conviction - It's a great game but it's a bit short.

XBLA (I'm not sure if all of these are exclusive so I'll go over 10)

• Cloning Clyde
  • Geometry Wars 1 & 2
  • E4
  • Ikaruga
  • Limbo
  • Perfect Dark
  • Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
  • Small Arms
  • Wik: Fable of Souls
  • Puzzle Quest 1 & 2
  • Bomberman Live
  • Assualt Heroes 1 & 2
  • Brilliant lists. Thanks for dropping in. Reading through them, I have a few games I'm unsure of. If you (or anyone else) can provide a few details, that'd be awesome.

Ninety Nine Nights: Sounds intriguing. Is it really any good? Better or worse, do you think, than Dynasty Warriors?

Cloning Clyde, E4, Small Arms, and Assault Heroes: What are these? As in, what type of games and the like?

Ninety Nine Nights is kind of like Dynasty Warriors with characters from an anime. There's also some cheesy dialogue for good measure. Overall the game is fun as long as you don't try to take it too seriously.

As for my XBLA picks:

• Cloning Clyde is a platformer reminiscent of Mario3 with the costume changes that give you different abilities. Plus there are small puzzles that require you to clone yourself to try to combine certain powers.
    • E4 is pretty hard to explain. My best try is calling it a rythym game but it's also somewhat like geometry wars....ugh...just try the demo.
    • Small Arms is what I like to call the XBLA version of Smash Brothers nut it's not as deep...then again not many games are. It's great when you have some friends over.
    • Assualt Heroes is like a hybrid SHMUP. You are in a vehicle shooting things but you can leave the vehicle at times and run around on foot (Not recommended for long trips). The second game has even more vehicle types and crazier bosses.

I suggest if any of those sound interesting to you download the demo at least and try them. I apo;ogize if you end up spending a bunch of money on MS points but it will be worth it!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Hapimeses said:

I wouldn't say it's under rated; after all, it managed a Metacritic of 90. Instead, I'd say it's underappreciated, and certainly an acquired taste. Not a game for everyone, but for those that like the presentation, it's one hell of a game.

yeah under appreciated is where i was meaning. Forgot the word haha. The initial ps3 performance wouldnt have helped

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Goddbless said:

Ninety Nine Nights is kind of like Dynasty Warriors with characters from an anime. There's also some cheesy dialogue for good measure. Overall the game is fun as long as you don't try to take it too seriously.

As for my XBLA picks:

• Cloning Clyde is a platformer reminiscent of Mario3 with the costume changes that give you different abilities. Plus there are small puzzles that require you to clone yourself to try to combine certain powers.
    • E4 is pretty hard to explain. My best try is calling it a rythym game but it's also somewhat like geometry wars....ugh...just try the demo.
    • Small Arms is what I like to call the XBLA version of Smash Brothers nut it's not as deep...then again not many games are. It's great when you have some friends over.
    • Assualt Heroes is like a hybrid SHMUP. You are in a vehicle shooting things but you can leave the vehicle at times and run around on foot (Not recommended for long trips). The second game has even more vehicle types and crazier bosses.

I suggest if any of those sound interesting to you download the demo at least and try them. I apo;ogize if you end up spending a bunch of money on MS points but it will be worth it!

Thanks for the extra details. I'll download the demos and see where I go from there. :)

Around the Network
    AussieGecko said:

yeah under appreciated is where i was meaning. Forgot the word haha. The initial ps3 performance wouldnt have helped

No, it wouldn't. Before it was patched it took a bloody age to get anywhere with it, or so it felt. The load times were not insignificant. It was basically all sorted by installing the game to the HDD, or so I read.

Actually, on that, I'm really quite liking the ability to install all games on the 360. Handy.