By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

Ronster316 said:

Bully: Scholarship Edition was released for the wii and xbox 360 on 3 March 2008. The game features exclusive content which is unavailable in the PlayStation 2 version, including 8 new missions, 4 new characters, 4 new school classes (Biology, Music, Math and Geography) and new unlockable items and clothing. Some small script changes have been made. The random NPCs also have more lines. In addition, single system 2-player competitive multiplayer minigames have also been added, along with achievements for the Xbox 360 version and wiimote & nunchuck motion and pointer controls for the Wii version. All ports of the Scholarship Edition use the game engine gameryo, rather than renderware which was used for the PS2 version.

Info swiped from Wiki because i wasn't sure exactly how much extra content there was for the 360 version.

Bully is a fantastic game, i thoroughly enjoyed it on both PS2 & XBOX 360, defo a must buy.

Whilst im here........ heres some of my faves on 360 (some fully exclusive, some console exclusive)

Saints Row

Condenmed: Criminal origins (truly fantastic game, far better than the sequel, genuinely scary and will make you jump)

Crackdown

Gears of War 1 & 2

Rockstar: Table Tennis

Prey

Forza Motorsport 3 (100 times better than Forza 2)

Ikaruga

Duke Nukem 3D (i know its been around the block, but its just been reduced to 400 MS points which is a STEAL)

Shadow Complex

Rez HD (available last gen, but still an amazing game)

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4 (every bit as good as Forza in my book)

The origional Dead Rising (Still my fave game this gen) plus Dead Rising 2: Case 0 & Case West

Alan Wake

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

Ninja Blade (as mentioned before....... hightly underrated hack & slasher, good fun)

Thanks for taking the time to search out the Bully info. Looks good. I'll have to see if I can spot it on the mega-cheap. As for the rest, there's a lot of good to consider in there. Do you mind if I ask what Prey is, and what makes it worthwhile playing?

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
Munkeh111 said:

SORRY FOGOT HALO WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/10 (on a whole number scale). I just really enjoyed this game, but I am not sure why. I do like sci-fi, but I am not a huge Halo fan, it was just really well designed, and I got incredibly addicted to the multiplayer. Some say it is shallow compared to PC RTSs, but I feel it was perfectly designed for console and really great fun

Wow! That's quite a recommendation. 10/10! I can't say Halo 3 has particulary grabbed me yet, but I'm thinking Halo Wars may be more my cup of tea.

I'll see if I can spot it cheap.

Dont let Halo 3 fool you. Have you played Halo 1 and 2? It's worth buying them on Live and playing them first. 

Halo 3 really broadens out and the set pieces and firefights are unlike anything else around. Thats why Halo is so unique. Trust me, play Halo 3 coop as well to get the absolute best out of it. 

Also pick up Reach and I'll play online with you sometime.

Prey is an FPS, it was one of the earlier ones available for the 360.

It's not everyones cup of tea as the reviews in the link below show...........

But for me, i loved the story, the puzzles were challenging (occasionally frustrating in a few cases but good overall) and the out of body experiences and trippy walking upside down physics made it a winner in my eyes.

Lastly, i picked this game back up a couple of months ago for the amazing price of £2.50 (it'll be cheap worldwide i suspect)

Heres metacritics Prey page............  http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/prey

oh, and lastly........ Get Quake 4 (it comes with a bonus disc that has Quake 2 on it) so thats 2 classics both dirt cheap.

Ronster316 said:

But for me, i loved the story, the puzzles were challenging (occasionally frustrating in a few cases but good overall) and the out of body experiences and trippy walking upside down physics made it a winner in my eyes.

Lastly, i picked this game back up a couple of months ago for the amazing price of £2.50 (it'll be cheap worldwide i suspect)

Heres metacritics Prey page............  http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/prey

oh, and lastly........ Get Quake 4 (it comes with a bonus disc that has Quake 2 on it) so thats 2 classics both dirt cheap.

Shit. I forgot about Quake 4. That was my fave launch title. And I forgot it came with Quake 2 as well. I'm buying it again tommorrow. Thanks.

selnor said:
Ronster316 said:

Shit. I forgot about Quake 4. That was my fave launch title. And I forgot it came with Quake 2 as well. I'm buying it again tommorrow. Thanks.

Quake 4 is simply fantastic, the controls and the speed at which you could change weapons were both as smoothe as butter.

I gotta get back on this instant classic sooner rather than later.

Around the Network

Get Super Street Fighter 4.  Yeah, I know it's a multi-plat and everything.  I just want to beat you up in SSF4.

selnor said:

Dont let Halo 3 fool you. Have you played Halo 1 and 2? It's worth buying them on Live and playing them first. 

Halo 3 really broadens out and the set pieces and firefights are unlike anything else around. Thats why Halo is so unique. Trust me, play Halo 3 coop as well to get the absolute best out of it. 

Also pick up Reach and I'll play online with you sometime.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up on it. It's just I'm yet to be all that impressed with it either. I'm sure it will get better as I get farther into the game.

I played Halo 1 an absolute age ago and liked it. Halo 2 I missed, but I'm aware of the plot elements, so I'm not going in completely blind.

I'll get Reach eventually, but I'll play the earlier games first.

Ronster316 said:

Thanks for that. I find reviews are handy to get a general impression, but they are so often caught up in the zeitgeist, meaning some games are scored very oddly, getting well above, or well below, what they deserve. I'd rather have opinons of gamers who've recently been playing the games. If a lot of people tell me a game is good, it probably is, even if the reviews can barely scrape a 70. Equally, if lots of people tell me a game is over-rated, it probably is, even if it sits on a Meta of 96. I can think of several examples of both cases.

Btw: This rule doesn't apply to Mass Effect in any way. Regardless of what people say, it's awesome, even when the game itself may be deeply flawed in several ways. Awesome. Full stop.

Also, Quake 4? I'd've never considered it. I may see if I can spot that on the cheap. Thanks.

selnor said:
Ronster316 said:

So, bought it yet?

:D

d21lewis said:

Get Super Street Fighter 4.  Yeah, I know it's a multi-plat and everything.  I just want to beat you up in SSF4.

Trust me, that wouldn't be hard! :D

I already have SF4, and I'm notoriously rubbish at it. I've still never beat that cheating blue bastard on Normal difficulty, I'm that terrible at the game. It amuses me, as, when I was a kid, I was really very good at SF2.

Time changes all things.