By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

In reference to my earlier post regsarding 1080p support for the dashboard, my Googlefu has found the answer: there is none. The maximum the dash renders is 720p, which the 360 will upscale if required. Crazy.

Well that sucks!

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Kinda makes me want to play the 360 on my littler 720p TV set as it would look super sharp on that (but would be crap for Kinect). As it stands, the dash looks upscaled. Still, I'll get used to it, I'm sure. It's not like it's ugly or anything, just a little blurred in comparison to what I'd hoped for. Too used to the PS3 in that regard, I suppose.

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

In reference to my earlier post regsarding 1080p support for the dashboard, my Googlefu has found the answer: there is none. The maximum the dash renders is 720p, which the 360 will upscale if required. Crazy.

Well that sucks!

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Kinda makes me want to play the 360 on my littler 720p TV set as it would look super sharp on that (but would be crap for Kinect). As it stands, the dash looks upscaled. Still, I'll get used to it, I'm sure. It's not like it's ugly or anything, just a little blurred in comparison to what I'd hoped for. Too used to the PS3 in that regard, I suppose.

You must have sharp eyes, I have never noticed this at all!

Munkeh111 said:
Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

Well that sucks!

Perhaps I do. I'm an artist, after all. Still, it was immediately obvious to me, even though the large text and images mitigated the situation a little.

I'm playing Halo 3 just now and it's even worse there -- clearly sub-HD. But it's an old game, so my expectations are much lower. Still, coming off Crysis 2 and Killzone 3, it looks really dated.

All i have to say for XBox arcade is Catsle Crashers. 

Hapimeses said:
Munkeh111 said:
Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

Well that sucks!

Perhaps I do. I'm an artist, after all. Still, it was immediately obvious to me, even though the large text and images mitigated the situation a little.

I'm playing Halo 3 just now and it's even worse there -- clearly sub-HD. But it's an old game, so my expectations are much lower. Still, coming off Crysis 2 and Killzone 3, it looks really dated.

I always assumed that when people were going on about this that nobody could notice, but clearly someone can. Maybe I need to look at my games more...

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

I always assumed that when people were going on about this that nobody could notice, but clearly someone can. Maybe I need to look at my games more...

Heh! Amusingly, I always thought everyone could see it clearly (not that I thought about it much, mind). Suppose we all look for different things, huh? It's the blurring that makes it so obvious to me. Then again, I'm dealing with digital images for my job, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to these things?

Hapimeses said:
Munkeh111 said:

Heh! Amusingly, I always thought everyone could see it clearly (not that I thought about it much, mind). Suppose we all look for different things, huh? It's the blurring that makes it so obvious to me. Then again, I'm dealing with digital images for my job, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to these things?

Probably, I just don't notice these blurry images. I can clearly see the difference between a blu-ray and a DVD, but less so between 720p and 1080p

AussieGecko said:
Hapimeses said:

Thanks very much for dropping in with your views. Again, it includes a few games I have on other platforms (Mass Effect and Gears), but does include one I know pretty much nothing about: Infinite Undiscovery. How's this one? Any reason to pick it up?

Yeah I chose series as opposed to single games, like mass effect imo you need 1 and 2 for the full story *shrugs* that may be just me haha, sort of same with Gears of War. But choosing 10 and having 3 odst, reach and 3 is kinda cheating for mine :)

Infinte Undiscovery is quite like Lost Oddysey as a little hidden gem, like Blue Dragon the best Turn Based games (ff type) have been on the 360 in those 3 imo. IU requires a bit more time in making things etc but if you get your head around it lots and lots of fun :)

Also Bayonetta if its not fixed on the ps3 you need this version :D

I agree about Mass Effect, fortunately I have 1&2 on the PC, so I'm covered. :D

As for the JRPGs, I think I'll keep an eye out for them all, see if I spot them on the cheap (or, at least, grab them from LoveFilm).

And I have Bayonette already. It plays perfectly well on PS3 after the patch.

Again, thanks for the recommendations.

Munkeh111 said:
Hapimeses said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well if you were to look through my 360 collection, the only non-PC ones are those 2 I have mentioned and Fable II, which I don't really reccomend (especially not 3).  And GeoW had more content on PC, but I think that was because of a late release, as Gears was rushed out a little to be the big game of the holiday, so had a large chunk of its story cut

If you are interested in XBLA, the one that stands out is Shadow Complex, just an amazing all round game, a decent story, fun to play, good graphics and I think it is now on sale

Well, that all makes sense. And no recommendation for Fable? Oh dear, I was quite looking forward to giving that a go. Any reason for the dislike?

And, yes, Shadow Complex has moved up to a 'must buy' I think.

I'm not sure why, I just never really enjoyed it. The combat wasn't very interesting and I was never really drawn into the world, it just seemed a little silly

The other game that I forgot was Alan Wake, but I don't really rate that either. It is not really scary, even for me who hates horror games, and despite lovely graphics, the story wasn't that great imo and the gameplay wasn't great either. But it does have many things going for it, so might be worth a look

Hmm. Well, I think I'll put them both on the LoveFilm list rather than searching them out for purchase. If I find I really like them, I can always buy them later. Thanks for the frank assessment.

selnor said:

Ninja Blade is a great game. Very similar to Dantes Inferno or GOW playstyle. QTE's and over the top combos. But it's genuinely fun. It's actually a really good game. Check out the video below.

Coolio. That sounds pretty spiffy, actually. I've completed both GoW3 and Dante's Inferno, so a little more of that sort of thing wouldn't go amiss. Thanks for mentioning it. :D