By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 was dead last worldwide. Is MS in trouble?

Gojimaster said:

IMO, Kinect is doing pretty shatty now. They are getting beat by a 3 year old Wii Fit product that doesn't even have close to the number of games that Kinect has.  Kinect is currently selling at 52k!  That is pathetic-- M$ marketing budget has clearly run out of steam.  $150 is way too much for the casual user.  New games and a steep price-cut on the Kinect bundle should help to remedy this problem short-term, but Kinect is never going to be the 2nd half of the 360 lifecycle in the way that M$ was hyping. 

seems you are anti kinect but ill give this a try anyway

kinect is still doing very well in uk and us and once you get full features ww it will start up again, also when the games start releasing in full force ie after e3 the sales will rise again. Kinect is not totally and utterly aimed at casuals, wii fit seems to be. Like really really pushing the casual mark, Kinect is pushing other boundaries as they would have to

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

what do you expect getting 1 exclusive this year im not trolling here please take me seriously for a second since the microsoft fan base are boonies anyways

if your buying a new console and you compare the 2 sony has 3d gaming blu ray and tons and tons of games and exslusive's comming out this year with aaa titles like uncharted resitance infamous and such then you look at 360 with a par gaming libary but nothing anymore other then a kinect gimmick which 1 would you pick??

lets face it microsoft cant by every company in the world with there greed and finally the gaming devolpers and the world are noticing that sony is actually the surperior product

IM NOT TROLLING I AM BASING MY OPINION SO CALM YA FARM

you guys should be happy that your console is winning in sales in only 1 country

plus since microsoft ruined the greatest company rare i will never forgive them and im all for sony finishing them off

10th april 2010:

Wii 246,801
PS3 209,015
X360 135,127

9th april 2011

PS3 138,930
Wii 115,847
X360 115,148

i don't think 360 lost so much to last years sales and yes i would love to get a next gen console tomorrow but i don't think microsoft is in trouble.

Nintendofanboy266 said:

what do you expect getting 1 exclusive this year im not trolling here please take me seriously for a second since the microsoft fan base are boonies anyways

if your buying a new console and you compare the 2 sony has 3d gaming blu ray and tons and tons of games and exslusive's comming out this year with aaa titles like uncharted resitance infamous and such then you look at 360 with a par gaming libary but nothing anymore other then a kinect gimmick which 1 would you pick??

lets face it microsoft cant by every company in the world with there greed and finally the gaming devolpers and the world are noticing that sony is actually the surperior product

you guys should be happy that your console is winning in sales in only 1 country

plus since microsoft ruined the greatest company rare i will never forgive them and im all for sony finishing them off

Nobody is upset with you for stating your opinion and nobody thinks you are trolling.  I will say your perception is way off.  In America (which is the most important country to sell in) the 360 is and will continue to be the console of choice.  The same can be said of the UK, on a smaller level of course.  The OP made a statement that doesn't fit the current facts of this generation and then built a strawman argument from those statements.  The reality is the 360 is seeing continued YOY increases in sales due in large part to kinect which shows no sign of slowing down in 360 leading territories and you can expect it to show continued strength this Holiday season.

I do think the announcment of  "project cafe"  will bring some unexpected changes to the market.  I wouldn't be surprised if MS announced a new console at E3 or later in the year with a fall 2012 launch date. 

scat398 said:
Nintendofanboy266 said:

Nobody is upset with you for stating your opinion and nobody thinks you are trolling.  I will say your perception is way off.  In America (which is the most important country to sell in) the 360 is and will continue to be the console of choice.  The same can be said of the UK, on a smaller level of course.  The OP made a statement that doesn't fit the current facts of this generation and then built a strawman argument from those statements.  The reality is the 360 is seeing continued YOY increases in sales due in large part to kinect which shows no sign of slowing down in 360 leading territories and you can expect it to show continued strength this Holiday season.

I do think the announcment of  "project cafe"  will bring some unexpected changes to the market.  I wouldn't be surprised if MS announced a new console at E3 or later in the year with a fall 2012 launch date. 

if you look in other threads like the "top 360 graphics. screenshots and artwork" you would know that he is trolling. he just came to bash microsoft and to look not like a sony fanboy he took the nintendofanboy name.

can someone pleas ban this guy it's getting annoying.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
EdStation3 said:

360 went with DVD and it's coming back to haunt.  They're losing support.  PS3 is getting more and more exclusive extras and unlike Microsoft, Sony isn't paying them millions.  LA Noire has exclusive content, because the extra stuff just doesn't fit on the DVD anymore.  Not without a hassle anyways.  BD offers "limitless" room for developers.  It's like trying to fit 20 people in a Beetle, where a BD disc is like fitting 20 people onto a bus.  Developers are become more willing to support the PS3 as the 360 limits get closer.  For LA Noire, Sony didn't show up to Rockstar/Vivendi and "buy them" into trun their backs on the other guys with was done for GTA4.

Another thing is Microsoft got an extra year in the market....an extra WITH NO COMPETITION, since Wii and PS3 were not out yet.  An entire year (1½ in Europe) with the market all to themselves and now the PS3 is only 3 and a half million behind them.  They caught up big time without having to pay off/bribe the 3rd parties either.

Which part seems unserious???  Care to elaborate?

Just after MS put almost all its eggs in the casual motion control basket, Nintendo declares it's going to become a concluded experience. MS wasn't in trouble until yesterday, now it is.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Just after MS put almost all its eggs in the casual motion control basket, Nintendo declares it's going to become a concluded experience. MS wasn't in trouble until yesterday, now it is.

just because wii will have a new console doesnt mean kinect wont be developed for..

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

just because wii will have a new console doesnt mean kinect wont be developed for..

If a >80M user base can't persuade 3rd parties, what can one that at best will be 16M by this year's end? Yes there are 1st parties, but that's a field in which Nintendo is incredibly stronger than MS. Add that 3DS and NGP will get all the attention, hype and thunder available next Xmas, and Wii2 will do it next year, the result is that whatever isn't already strong will suffer. But maybe you mean just in USA, UK and Australia, not WW: in that case, I agree with you, MS isn't in trouble there, the huge marketing campaign worked at its best in those countries. But elsewhere it was appalling, with appallling results, even a mildly successful new home console by Nintendo will blow Kinect away from the countries where it's already struggling.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@OP

Yes,I suspect MS is now officially doomed.