By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Because it's the best FF ever .. seriously 96 33.33%

Because a lot of things con be improved 42 14.58%

Because the fanbase demand it 65 22.57%

Because it's easy money 48 16.67%

I don't know 37 12.85%

Total:288

Every week at some point of the internet somebody point to a Final Fantasy VII remake, the "holy grail" of the remakes; truth is that the grail can turn into a cheap plastic vase.

FF VII was released 14 years ago, time hasn't been particulary nice with this game, still has a lot of great things the character design is quite good, the music is oustanding and the background graphics are still beautiful in some areas; but in my opinion gameplay is quite repetitive (even for a old school JRPG), some of the special attacks are quite irrelevant (I can count the times that Vicent and Caith Sith were useful with my single hand), the game is full of filler scenes and events (again What's the point of dressing Cloud as a girl???), and most important the story goes downhill after the Nibelheim incident.

Now remakes can be a huge step up for some games when they took the good things from the original and introduce new elements (Resident Evil is the perfect example) but with FF VII you have so many components in the game that the result could be just a simple HD upgrade of the game that'll show all the issues that the original has; more important Why nobody is asking for a Final Fantasy VI remake?? That game was much better than VII or a FF VIII remake?? The game that has so many tings to fix.

Yep, I guess FF VII remake is just a fans dream. A really annoying dream.

Around the Network

I dunno... really, I don't think they should remake it.

But the reason why more people are asking for a FF7 remake than a FF6 remake is way more people played it.

Plus I like 5 and 9 a lot more than 6 or 7 anyways. So why not that :P

Make a new topic asking who want a FFVI remake and prove yourself wrong.

In matter of fact, forget FFVI, make one for Panzer Dragoon Saga and whatch the topic went to the oblivion.

Because *gulp* I never played it longer than 15 minutes and I'd like to play a visually appealing remake

I'll put it to you this way: why did Nintendo feel the need to remake Ocarina of Time for the 3DS?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

It was for the first Final Fantasy game for many, that's why it gets put on a pedestal. The same holds true for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. These are THE two games for the generation of gamers who grew up during that era.

Can we just end this here?  Let me try...... /thread.

*checks*

Yeah, figured it was too easy. lol

I mean, it would be the most logical game to have on NGP in some "enhanced" way, like Ocarina on 3DS.  And I don't care if it was the first for many, it can stand on its own merits.  Believe it or not, some people like to use that as a stealth trolling dig at the game lol.  I'd personally love to have a remake, preferably on console.  I'm sure it will happen one day......maybe lol.

RolStoppable said:

It was for the first Final Fantasy game for many, that's why it gets put on a pedestal. The same holds true for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. These are THE two games for the generation of gamers who grew up during that era.

Wich is more interesting because that's targeting a very specific audience. Wonder if new gamers'll be atracted by these titles because of the games or the hype about them.

Aiddon said:

I'll put it to you this way: why did Nintendo feel the need to remake Ocarina of Time for the 3DS?

Who knows its was bad enough the first time =(

you got it all wrong, the important part is "PS Exclusive".

iBlah said:

you got it all wrong, the important part is "PS Exclusive".

No it wasn't

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Pc/dp/B00000DMAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302415317&sr=8-1