By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Because it's the best FF ever .. seriously 96 33.33%

Because a lot of things con be improved 42 14.58%

Because the fanbase demand it 65 22.57%

Because it's easy money 48 16.67%

I don't know 37 12.85%

Total:288

Because it is one of the greatest RPGs, no scratch that, games ever made.  The story kept you engaged for the whole game.  It had great character, settings, and humor.  I think the main reason I want a remake, is to explore the huge world and cities/towns with free camera control, with maybe an option for the camera to repilcate the camera placing of the original.  I also want an option for the combat to be either turn based or real time.  That way you can satisfy both the WRPG and JRPG crowds.

And while I know this would take time, it would definitely be a wise investment.  I think having Nomura as the director would be a wise choice, too, since he played a part in making the original.  I also think it would be wiser to wait and put it on the PS4, maybe as a launch game, so the environments wouldn't have to suffer for any of this gens limitations.

Around the Network

this sounds like another "i hate that FF7 was so popular" thread. FF7 is more influential and more successful than 6 was, fact. Deal with it. How much RPGs were released post 6 on SNES in the US??? Now how much was released post 7 in the US??? I lost count. 

oniyide said:

this sounds like another "i hate that FF7 was so popular" thread. FF7 is more influential and more successful than 6 was, fact. Deal with it. How much RPGs were released post 6 on SNES in the US??? Now how much was released post 7 in the US??? I lost count. 

Excuse me but 7 is a copy of 6 with new characters and villain.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Considering that recent main FF games that SE made aren't as good as previous ones....I don't really want them to remake FF VII. I mean, sure, original game is pretty good, but the remake would be butchered by lazyness of SE team.
Going up a few posts, sure, haters gonna hate, but there's a good chance people are going to regret that they ever asked for FF VII remake (that might include me actually) if it will come out crappier than original game.

Barozi said:

Because *gulp* I never played it longer than 15 minutes and I'd like to play a visually appealing remake

Same for me, I gave it a few tries but couldn't get into it. I skipped the entire blocky "3D" graphics. 2D 8bit is okay but I couldn't stand blocky 3D.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
alfredofroylan said:

again What's the point of dressing Cloud as a girl???

Jackpot! that's why they want a FF7 remake..

cloud dressed as a girl in HD!! So the Cloud fans can finally jack off!

Awwww... leave Carl out of this discussion!

@christian  yeah because the Materia system was just like the Espers used in 6, no wait, it wasnt. Even if what you said was true, so what??? 7 is more popular than 6, it'll be alright

@christian  yeah because the Materia system was just like the Espers used in 6, no wait, it wasnt. Even if what you said was true, so what??? 7 is more popular than 6, it'll be alright

oniyide said:

I think he meant something like this:

not that I personally dislike that...both 7 and 6 are masterpieces. 

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

oniyide said:

I don't dislike 7 matter fact i love it, but to bring down 6 and praise 7 when 7 is exactly like 6 baffles me. Sure 7 is more popular but that was because of a few things 7 had going for it. TheMateria system was inspired by the Esper system and the stroylines are the same.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909