By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Because it's the best FF ever .. seriously 96 33.33%

Because a lot of things con be improved 42 14.58%

Because the fanbase demand it 65 22.57%

Because it's easy money 48 16.67%

I don't know 37 12.85%

Total:288

I already posted all my reasons in another FFVII thread.  Suffice to say, FFVII is a game that both hasn't aged well and has many plot/character holes that can be fixed.  Even the creators have admitted this and said that's why they made Advent Children and Crisis Core.  The latter in my opinion being 10x better than the actual FFVII.

As much as I'm not a fan of FFVII, if they could remake, and fix everything, I'd probably be a bigger fan of it.  If they do like they did with the FFIV remake on DS....I seriously say just skip remaking it.  If you could even call FFIV DS a remake....

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
iBlah said:

you got it all wrong, the important part is "PS Exclusive".

No it wasn't

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Pc/dp/B00000DMAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302415317&sr=8-1

o, I meant PS3, but you got the idea, I could be wrong of course.

Because it is an amazing game and it would be even more amazing with ps3 graphics. It would be so awesome playing ffvii with ffxiii like graphics!

Don't worry FFVII fans, they already remade 3 and 4, they are working on 5 and 6. 7 will eventually come...

I'm also in the boat where FF7 was my first FF; the ones beforehand I tried my damndest to play but they felt pretty antiquated. I never tried 6, but I hear excellent things.

The simple answer to the topic question is to introduce arguably the greatest RPG ever made (ARGUABLY) to a new audience. I played it first when I was 8 years old; time has passed.

It is the same reason people still go APE when The Rock comes back to wrestling; when you are the best of your kind, everyone wants the comeback.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

I already posted all my reasons in another FFVII thread.  Suffice to say, FFVII is a game that both hasn't aged well and has many plot/character holes that can be fixed.  Even the creators have admitted this and said that's why they made Advent Children and Crisis Core.  The latter in my opinion being 10x better than the actual FFVII.

As much as I'm not a fan of FFVII, if they could remake, and fix everything, I'd probably be a bigger fan of it.  If they do like they did with the FFIV remake on DS....I seriously say just skip remaking it.  If you could even call FFIV DS a remake....

What was your problem with FFIV DS?  I loved it

How was it not  a remake: It updated the graphics to relatively high poly 3d models and backgrounds, added in real time cutscenes with good voice acting, included new game plus, introduced an augment system which really came in useful, upped the difficulty therefore making more fun and appealing to me, added several minigames (Kain's was my favourite), the music was updated with better MIDIs with IMO most tunes sounding better (the battle theme and King Giott are exeptions), featured battles over two screens leaving the top screen just for battle cinematics.

My only compaint was that it missed out some of the bonus dungeons from FFIV Advance.

So I can play the game without 32-bit era graphics (I never played the original).

Well Nintendo is remaking Ocarina of Time now, so FFVII is not out of the questions.

I think an FFVII remake is important because modern era Final Fantasy's have been loosing quality since the PS1 era. I mean FFXIV got a 4/10 rating, and although FFX, XII, and XIII were good, they just weren't as good as SNES/SP1 Final Fantasy's.

I wouldn't say FFVII is the best Final Fantasy, but it is the best 3D Final Fantasy. I voted "because the fanbase demand it" because I feel the view people have of Final Fantasy is similar to the view people have of Zelda. After Wind Waker people demanded a mature looking Zelda title, and they got it with Twilight Princess. Despite being a ported Gamecube title at launch, it still sold very well. I think People want a more traditional FF, and FFVII was just the best of the 3D ones.

I hope they remake this game too, but not a straight PSP2 port. I want to see a PS3 or PS4 full HS version. I don't think it will happen now that Squaresoft merged with Enix, but you never know.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

alfredofroylan said:

again What's the point of dressing Cloud as a girl???

Jackpot! that's why they want a FF7 remake..

cloud dressed as a girl in HD!! So the Cloud fans can finally jack off!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

FF7 was a complete classic game and everyone would love to see a HD remake, if the NGP rumours are true then this will give NGP the biggest 1st week ever in japan and possibly other reigons

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...