By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft takes shot at Wii

hongkongfuey^2 said:
All right now i like microsoft! about time somebody took a shot at that SHITTY piece of SHIT called the Wii! I'd rather get kicked in the Fucking nuts than play a Wii. Motion sensor? what a piece of SHIT! I'd wipe my ass with a Wii after taking a big SHIT. And while i'm taking that SHIT i'll play some PS3. Now thats a system. Blu Ray is awesome. Wii can't even play DVD and the graphics suck. Super Mario Galaxy eh? shittiest game ever. Why don't you get some original titles, rather than making 3000 mario games. aren't you wii owners sick of only having one character in your games? that being mario. Mario can go FUCKING, FUCK, HIS FUCKING SELF!!!

Omg, most obscene post ever. Grow up man.

Around the Network

Just watched that Bonus Round section -- or at least the first part.

A couple of things I took away.
1. It is old -- like 6-8 weeks old (pre SMG release).
2. Patcher actually made a good point. That's one.
3. Surprised that N'Groi (the Newsweek guy) made the point about Wii sales dropping in Japan when ALL sales were dropping in Japan and Wii was still the top home console (other than price drop weeks).

Will watch the rest later.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Quality for Life

Picko said:
The statement isn't exactly untrue though.

Except that it is. To cut and paste from another thread:

The notion that Wii third party games don't sell well is a total myth. They've sold quite well from the very launch of the system to the present. Not "sell well considering they're low-quality games", just sell well period. Let's compare Wii third party sales to PS3 third party sales; after all, both consoles launched at exactly the same time.

Wii Million Sellers (4)
Mario and Sonic (1.46m)
Resident Evil 4 (1.18m)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (1.17m)
Red Steel (1.03m)
(Guitar Hero 3 is at 0.99m, but I'll be nice and not count it!)

PS3 Million Sellers (2)
Call of Duty 4 (1.15m)
Assassin's Creed (1.13m)

Looks like the Wii is doing much better there. How about 500k sellers?

Wii 500k Sellers (11)
Mario and Sonic (1.46m)
Resident Evil 4 (1.18m)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (1.17m)
Red Steel (1.03m)
Guitar Hero 3 (990k)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (790k)
Tiger Woods 07 (750k)
Cooking Mama (550k)
My Sims (550k)
Trauma Center (510k)
Umbrella Chronicles (500k)
Total: 9.48m

PS3 500k Sellers (10)
Call of Duty 4 (1.15m)
Assassin's Creed (1.13m)
FIFA 08 (800k)
Pro Evo 2008 (670k)
Need for Speed Carbon (640k)
Ridge Racer 7 (610k)
Need for Speed Prostreet (600k)
Madden 08 (580k)
Oblivion (550k)
Call of Duty 3 (530k)
Total: 7.26m

Not as dominant, true, but certainly no worse than the PS3 has done. Even though the Wii third party efforts have obviously been much worse than their PS3 counterparts, the Wii has actually done better in overall sales. And that's ignoring the fact that Nintendo has NINE first-party million sellers! (Sony only has two.)

Contrary to what its detractors would like to believe, the Wii moves a lot of software. Not just Nintendo software either - it sells games, period. Most third parties have done quite well, although you'd never get that impression from reading Internet message boards. Overall, I've seen absolutely nothing to indicate that the Wii won't follow the DS's lifetime trend for third party support, which goes something like this:

Year 1: almost entirely first party
Year 2: some third party support
Year 3: majority of third party support

For the DS, those years were 2005/06/07. For the Wii, it will be 2007/08/09. It has nothing to do with fanboyism; this is a business, and third parties must support the platform with the largest install base to make money. We watched the early stages of this play out in 2007, and we'll see it further develop over the next two years.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I think the funny thing is the fact a lot of people who believe in Microsofts Bs, ignore the total crap fest that has come out on the Wii, Hypocrites!!!! And what determines a succesfull selling game on the wii any way, i have heard it can cost anything between 1m to 10m to make a wii game. For example Zak and Wiky, is fairly low budget, so even if it costs 5m, it only needs to turn over like 200,000 in sails to break even, this game aint even out in Europe yet, and out here we love point and click adventures.

I think in the end, 3rd party's are benefiting from a lot of thier crappy games, and alot of these analysts, journalists are looking from the outside in and don't know jack s#!t. And haven't Microsofts own first party games sold better than any 3rd Party game to date on thier own systems (gears of war 4m+, halo gazillion!!!) total retards.!!

It don't really matter how well nintendo do, people will keep moving the goal posts further apart from them. B4 the Wii Launched "oh, this will fail, they are non factor in this gen"
after "What a fad, will stop selling soon"
and Now "Third party games do not sell well"
This will happen all the way till the end of this gen. Funny though! seems that nintendo are the only ones laughing!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

Hey everybody you should check-out the post created by "Oyvoyvoyv" called:

3rd party support for Wii is going fairly well.

Wow.. that is really sour grapes from Microsoft, but at least they admit they have failed.

@ Mummelman

wow, that is obscene!