By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft takes shot at Wii

Lost tears of Kain said:
Jetlogs said:
TIP: If he really owns those games, then its a valid opinion, if he doesn't thats when it becomes trolling.

Also, Pachter is biased towards Sony

No, if he gives nothing to the thread and just comes in here and states that games sucks thats trolling. Hes done it tons of times with halo and other games and im getting sick of it

I agree with his Gears of War statement, I was very underwhelmed by its gameplay. But I strongly disagree with Bioshock, awesome game.

Around the Network

Not everyone was blown away by Gears. That was one of the reasons why I picked up a 360 and I never bothered to finish the game, but it's still a AAA title. The success in sales substantiate that alone.

As for Capcom, they did strike me as being one of the early adopters of the Wii platform from the start, rather than one of the scores of bandwagoneers who dumped shovelware in an attempt to stake a share in the Wii's success. Unfortunately, RE4 seems to be the only title that did well/better than expected. Waiting for my copy of UC to be delivered next week, but I'm getting the impression that it hasn't been well received at all from fans of the RE series. Based on current sales...

At this point in the game, are any 3rd party developers benefiting from the market share advantage the Wii has?

greenmedic88 said:
Not everyone was blown away by Gears. That was one of the reasons why I picked up a 360 and I never bothered to finish the game, but it's still a AAA title. The success in sales substantiate that alone.

As for Capcom, they did strike me as being one of the early adopters of the Wii platform from the start, rather than one of the scores of bandwagoneers who dumped shovelware in an attempt to stake a share in the Wii's success. Unfortunately, RE4 seems to be the only title that did well/better than expected. Waiting for my copy of UC to be delivered next week, but I'm getting the impression that it hasn't been well received at all from fans of the RE series. Based on current sales...

At this point in the game, are any 3rd party developers benefiting from the market share advantage the Wii has?

I'm pretty sure UC already outsold it's expectations.

well thirdparty software isnt really selling well,some are some arent but that will change as better games come,most until now have been cheap ports

@Kasz216 it isnt there yet but it will be there around a month or so

Around the Network

Aww, looks like their special relationship is finally gone for good.

I thought my Pstwii was better anyway.

*~Onna76~* said:
Jetlogs said:
the reason why most 3rd party software don't sell on the Wii is because they are either half-assed ports, or quick cash-in attempts at the success of the Wii.

Take a look at Capcom, they invested on the Wii and got huge profits from it.

Eh have you checked the We Love Golf and Zack & Wiki sales lately? Zack & Wiki bombed hard in Japan and the US and We Love Golf did even worse in Japan in its first week.

errrr... I only stated the reason most crappy 3rd party don't get profits

I didn't say good games can also get crappy sales. I think you completely ignored that there are other factors that can make a game successful. For example in Zack and Wiki's case, lack of advertising and it being an unproven new IP really hurt its sales. Also, we have to consider the culture of where the game is released, for example in Japan where most people are more conservative and tend to only buy proven IPs. You also forgot that Z&W also falls under the niche category and isn't exactly mainstream.

The real test for Zack and Wiki will be in Europe where Point and Click adventures are more popular.

I really don't understand all the NERD RAGE whenever the masses don't buy the games you want. Its not like we can control the Japanese culture in an instant

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Maybe third party developers should just give up on the Wii so its no longer a threat to MS or Sony.

Microsoft seemed to believe that Nintendo would somehow benefit themselves at the start of this gen, talk about a 180 degree turnaround! They must get tired of getting trounced by the japanese...

Jetlogs said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Jetlogs said:
the reason why most 3rd party software don't sell on the Wii is because they are either half-assed ports, or quick cash-in attempts at the success of the Wii.

Take a look at Capcom, they invested on the Wii and got huge profits from it.

Eh have you checked the We Love Golf and Zack & Wiki sales lately? Zack & Wiki bombed hard in Japan and the US and We Love Golf did even worse in Japan in its first week.

errrr... I only stated the reason most crappy 3rd party don't get profits

I didn't say good games can also get crappy sales. I think you completely ignored that there are other factors that can make a game successful. For example in Zack and Wiki's case, lack of advertising and it being an unproven new IP really hurt its sales. Also, we have to consider the culture of where the game is released, for example in Japan where most people are more conservative and tend to only buy proven IPs. You also forgot that Z&W also falls under the niche category and isn't exactly mainstream.

The real test for Zack and Wiki will be in Europe where Point and Click adventures are more popular.

I really don't understand all the NERD RAGE whenever the masses don't buy the games you want. Its not like we can control the Japanese culture in an instant

you can quote me on this that zack and wiki 2 will sell 10 times as much global as zack and wiki .

I believe it can hit 1 million ww.