By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft takes shot at Wii

I would expect that kind of sentiment from somebody that does not know much about the history of consoles, particularly Nintendo consoles. There has yet to be a Nintendo-made system where the best-selling party was not Nintendo; they have always overshadowed third-party developers, even on the NES and SNES (arguably their most third-party-supported consoles ever outside of the Game Boy line).

They're a very savvy company, actually, in that they don't risk everything on third-party support. Sony and MS would not fare nearly as well without their third-party titles, while Nintendo managed to do quite well for themselves without much but their own games selling well on the GameCube. Even though they didn't dominate the market, they still made out with a profit on the GameCube; just not a huge profit compared to their past (and present) consoles.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
cartier said:
Auron ur retarded gears and bioshock are great games and the only thing wrong with saints is its a GTA knockoff and as far as im concerned the half assed ports and crappy made games for Wii is true. if a developer spends the time and some money on a quality game its a success for sure on the Wii

no kidding, im sick of his trolling

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

TIP: If he really owns those games, then its a valid opinion, if he doesn't thats when it becomes trolling.

Also, Pachter is biased towards Sony

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Lost tears of Kain said:
Its not just MS who believes this, the last episode of the bonus round and every single person there believed wii was good for nintendo but not for 3rd party. They also point out that casual games do decent but hardcore do not besides the nintendo franchises

Its the way it is, and they even talk about how they wouldnt think it would change even if games were better and optimised for the wii. They believe that to many casuals have the wii system.

Well, if the analysts say it, it must be true.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Jetlogs said:
TIP: If he really owns those games, then its a valid opinion, if he doesn't thats when it becomes trolling.

Also, Pachter is biased towards Sony

No, if he gives nothing to the thread and just comes in here and states that games sucks thats trolling. Hes done it tons of times with halo and other games and im getting sick of it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Its not just MS who believes this, the last episode of the bonus round and every single person there believed wii was good for nintendo but not for 3rd party. They also point out that casual games do decent but hardcore do not besides the nintendo franchises

Its the way it is, and they even talk about how they wouldnt think it would change even if games were better and optimised for the wii. They believe that to many casuals have the wii system.

Why you have to become a smart ass i have no idea

I never stated whether it was or wasnt, just that MS is not alone in this and its not "hatersville" for stating what other analysts are stating.

Jetlogs said:
the reason why most 3rd party software don't sell on the Wii is because they are either half-assed ports, or quick cash-in attempts at the success of the Wii.

Take a look at Capcom, they invested on the Wii and got huge profits from it.

Eh have you checked the We Love Golf and Zack & Wiki sales lately? Zack & Wiki bombed hard in Japan and the US and We Love Golf did even worse in Japan in its first week.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Thats the typical press comment some company would give when its desperate about catching up to the better one.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Lost tears of Kain said:
famousringo said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Why you have to become a smart ass i have no idea

I never stated whether it was or wasnt, just that MS is not alone in this and its not "hatersville" for stating what other analysts are stating.

I just thought it was funny to hear these familiar predictions come out of their mouths shortly after they admit to being consistantly wrong in their previous predictions about the Wii. They're just setting themselves up to wrong... again.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I've said it before but..If MS produced the same standard/amount of first party games as Nintendo, third party games wouldn't sell so well on the 360 either.

Third party games sell well on a machine with virtually no first party support. what a surprise.