By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft takes shot at Wii

Its not just MS who believes this, the last episode of the bonus round and every single person there believed wii was good for nintendo but not for 3rd party. They also point out that casual games do decent but hardcore do not besides the nintendo franchises

Its the way it is, and they even talk about how they wouldnt think it would change even if games were better and optimised for the wii. They believe that to many casuals have the wii system.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

@LToK -- What is "The Bonus Round"?

Thanks
Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

the fact of the matter is no one can compete with nintendo when it comes to software.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Auron said:
Pathetic, shouldn't they be talking less about the Wii and coming out with more games that look flashy but play like total crap (Bioshock, Gears, Saint's, etc...).

I think Saints was the only shitty game you just named off

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
Auron said:
Pathetic, shouldn't they be talking less about the Wii and coming out with more games that look flashy but play like total crap (Bioshock, Gears, Saint's, etc...).

I think Saints was the only shitty game you just named off

I think I want to agree with him, as a primary supporter of Nintendo, but being that I'm at least willing to accept reality, I agree with you here.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Well, maybe they are correct. Almost all third party Wii games are garbage anyways.

I disagree

MynameisGARY

Auron ur retarded gears and bioshock are great games and the only thing wrong with saints is its a GTA knockoff and as far as im concerned the half assed ports and crappy made games for Wii is true. if a developer spends the time and some money on a quality game its a success for sure on the Wii

mike_intellivision said:
@LToK -- What is "The Bonus Round"?

Thanks
Mike from Morgantown

its a show on gametrailers where they take analyst or anything else and talk about the industry

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=17&pt=3

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Any one who believes what Microsoft is saying is being misled. For the year 2007 name one third party that brought at least one of their triple A franchises over to the Wii? None. If third parties focused development on the Wii like they have on the Xbox 360 does any doubt that third parties would make a lot of profit on the Wii and actually challenge Nintendo?

Nintendo is one company and they are not going to think of every conceivable way to utilize the Wii.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba