By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft takes shot at Wii

Traditionally this is the down fall of all Nintendo consoles. 3rd party support disappears and sales die. All you will see is multiplat PS2 games and quick money games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Traditionally this is the down fall of all Nintendo consoles. 3rd party support disappears as sales die. All you will see is multiplat PS2 games and quick money games.

This is sort of correct ...

When the Gamecube was selling like the PS3 is currently it became very difficult for Nintendo to convince third party publishers to put high quality exclusive games on the Gamecube; this caused lower sales and weaker third party support and a never ending cycle.

The DS on the other hand started out with worse third party support than the Wii did, and it didn't sell quite as quickly but when its sales exploded third parties jumped on the bandwagon.

How can MS take a shot at the Wii, when Reggie said they ran out of bullets.

ssj12 said:
Traditionally this is the down fall of all Nintendo consoles. 3rd party support disappears and sales die. All you will see is multiplat PS2 games and quick money games.

Unfortunately sales don't show any sign of dying any time soon.

In a day or two it will show over 18mil... I doubt it will reach 20 mil by end of year... They can only make so many...

Around the Network
weezy said:

http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=154048

(Speaking on how many publishers besides Nintendo are selling well for Wii.)

"Clearly, we have a competitor where they win and no one else wins."   --360 Head Marketing, Jeff Bell 

can you say.... HATERVILLE!

:)

When I read this, I pictured a 360 taking shots at the Wii, and in matrix style the Wii "casually" dodging those shots before kicking MS through a freakin wall. It was an awesome thought.

lol, I found it funny, but it's just typical of these companies to take pot shots.
Although I do happen to agree with Microsoft.

well, this is particularly MS that is affected by the Wii sales
Remember with the Xbox360arcade they are targeting the same crowd
because of the wii, the Xbox360 has some problem to totally reach the mass market

which "cheap" console a casual will buy ?

1/ Wii
2/ PS2
3/ Xbox360 arcade (or 2/ if he has a PS2)

Nintendo is severely damaging MS

Time to Work !

jlrx said:
weezy said:

http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=154048

(Speaking on how many publishers besides Nintendo are selling well for Wii.)

"Clearly, we have a competitor where they win and no one else wins."   --360 Head Marketing, Jeff Bell 

can you say.... HATERVILLE!

:)

When I read this, I pictured a 360 taking shots at the Wii, and in matrix style the Wii "casually" dodging those shots before kicking MS through a freakin wall. It was an awesome thought.

^ hahah that was awesome ^

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

All right now i like microsoft! about time somebody took a shot at that SHITTY piece of SHIT called the Wii! I'd rather get kicked in the Fucking nuts than play a Wii. Motion sensor? what a piece of SHIT! I'd wipe my ass with a Wii after taking a big SHIT. And while i'm taking that SHIT i'll play some PS3. Now thats a system. Blu Ray is awesome. Wii can't even play DVD and the graphics suck. Super Mario Galaxy eh? shittiest game ever. Why don't you get some original titles, rather than making 3000 mario games. aren't you wii owners sick of only having one character in your games? that being mario. Mario can go FUCKING, FUCK, HIS FUCKING SELF!!!