By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Foza 4 Gameplay for this who missed it. Cant wait.

AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

the best sim racer? hmm, NO.

best racer, thats debatable, but still your opinion, and i dont care if you think its the best racer.

there have been countless tests, proving GT5 is more realistic, having much more accurate lap times and such.

w/e talk about forza not other games ffs
that and why is sim racing not up to debate and racer is... they both are debatable. That is his opinion this is yours... my god.

There are no debate here... GT5 is a sim racing game... Forza not.

That could change in Forza 4 but need a lot of modifications that can make Forza's fans don't enjoy the game... Forza 4 needs to start a driving physics (Forza had no sim driving physics), better track reproduction (in Forza 3 it was bigger than real one), correction of cars speeds, improve the use of the brake (Forza 3 don't use brake or the gravitational force generated by it), etc.

When Forza 4 improve/correct these points and others we can debate if it is a better racing sim.

But for me Forza has its own style and it is GREAT... so change that can make it a game not attractive to fans... I'd love to see Turn 10 turning it into racing sim, but that's only my will and not everyone.

And people came here to talk about GT5 because the OP is obviously biased.

Around the Network

My bad for comparing another game in the same genre. Clearly Forza isn't in the same genre as GT5 which is a driving simulator. My bad people!

Yawn, here the usual crowd go again.

ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

best racer, thats debatable, but still your opinion, and i dont care if you think its the best racer.

there have been countless tests, proving GT5 is more realistic, having much more accurate lap times and such.

that and why is sim racing not up to debate and racer is... they both are debatable. That is his opinion this is yours... my god.

That could change in Forza 4 but need a lot of modifications that can make Forza's fans don't enjoy the game... Forza 4 needs to start a driving physics (Forza had no sim driving physics), better track reproduction (in Forza 3 it was bigger than real one), correction of cars speeds, improve the use of the brake (Forza 3 don't use brake or the gravitational force generated by it), etc.

When Forza 4 improve/correct these points and others we can debate if it is a better racing sim.

But for me Forza has its own style and it is GREAT... so change that can make it a game not attractive to fans... I'd love to see Turn 10 turning it into racing sim, but that's only my will and not everyone.

Your not?

ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

This is the biggest load of BS Ive ever read.

FM3 is a simulator. All the physics data was collaborated using the worlds number 1 Mclaren F1 simulator. Turn 10's aim is realism. Just because they make it easy for beginners to start playing sims, doesnt mean it's not rock hard on realisitc settings.

Also it's the only console sim that updates the physics 360 times/second. Meaning more feedback to the Porche 911 Turbo wheel. 600 of the 800 GT5 cars arent the same in looks or handling input as the 200 premium cars. It's only the s im it is quater of the time you play it.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

Your not?

You think? I think I am far less than you .

But that not the point... if you don't want biased users in your thread make one with no biased OP.

And in my comment I said what I expected in Forza 4 .

selnor said:
ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

FM3 is a simulator. All the physics data was collaborated using the worlds number 1 Mclaren F1 simulator. Turn 10's aim is realism. Just because they make it easy for beginners to start playing sims, doesnt mean it's not rock hard on realisitc settings.

Also it's the only console sim that updates the physics 360 times/second. Meaning more feedback to the Porche 911 Turbo wheel. 600 of the 800 GT5 cars arent the same in looks or handling input as the 200 premium cars. It's only the s im it is quater of the time you play it.

And? The driving physics, car speed, track reproduction, brake still are unrealistic.

Why do you think that is bad? No. That is great because Forza 3 has it ows style and it is fun that way... Forza 3 is not a racing simulator it is a amazing racing game with good simulator features.

ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

And? The driving physics, car speed, track reproduction, brake still are unrealistic.

Why do you think that is bad? No. That is great because Forza 3 has it ows style and it is fun that way... Forza 3 is not a racing simulator it is a amazing racing game with good simulator features.

GT5 driving physics is something you never saw the home consoles... at the same level of the best simulators available on PC.

Sorry to break it to you. GT5 is nowhere near the PC sims. Not even close. Ive played so much of IR and GTR on PC that I know what I'm taling about.

For a start IR updates the physics 540 times/second.

Why is it important?

If for example in GT5 ( 120/sec  physics ) your doing 150mph in the game, you are only gonna get feedback of bumps and tyre slippage through the forcefeedback wheel every 13.8 ingame metres. That is not good enough for a simulator. Do you know how many bumps or curb information the player will either not feel, or not feel correctly?

In IR it gives the info 540 times second. Meaning the same car doing the same speed as GT5 will feel 4 times the input over the same 13.8 ingame metres.

Why do you think Turn 10 made such a big deal of 360 times a second physics on console. It is very very important in simulators. It's a player input thing. Nothing to do with onscreen visuals etc.

Tyre deformation is  another affecting calculation that FM3 has for physics that GT5 doesnt implement. Something all PC sims do.

There is really no winning against ethomaz as he has his own opinion and nothing will change that. Regardless Forza is a driving simulator the same as GT. For the record neither game is 100% realistic but they are both simulators.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:

There is really no winning against ethomaz as he has his own opinion and nothing will change that. Regardless Forza is a driving simulator the same as GT. For the record neither game is 100% realistic but they are both simulators.

True. The difference between them is minimal at best. Against true sims (which I like less btw.) both don't stand a chance, so calling GT5 a sim racer and Forza not is just hilarious.