By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR - Monster Hunter 3DS to be announced at Capcom Captivate 2011?

Everyone is talking about the graphics ignoring the fact we are being stuck with those gimpy psp controls again.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

Everyone is talking about the graphics ignoring the fact we are being stuck with those gimpy psp controls again.

From this comment I highly doubt you've ever touched an action title on the DS... there's a reason people didn't whine about the camera on DS games like they did on PSP... it's called having a touchpad that acts like a mousepad thats as easy to get to as a second analog and that was the main problem with the PSP monster hunter titles, the camera which wasn't any better on PS2 when the frickin weapon was mapped to the second analog, no it wasn't fixed till MH Tri and the classic controller where they took the PSP controls and had actual decent camera controls, and well DS/3DS has that, so I see nothing wrong here...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:

From this comment I highly doubt you've ever touched an action title on the DS... there's a reason people didn't whine about the camera on DS games like they did on PSP... it's called having a touchpad that acts like a mousepad thats as easy to get to as a second analog and that was the main problem with the PSP monster hunter titles, the camera which wasn't any better on PS2 when the frickin weapon was mapped to the second analog, no it wasn't fixed till MH Tri and the classic controller where they took the PSP controls and had actual decent camera controls, and well DS/3DS has that, so I see nothing wrong here...

I was wondering how long it would take for the touch pad to be brought up. But is not a suitable analog stick replacement. Moving back and forth from screen to buttons is terrible, as is the screen obsctuction that comes along with it. Its doubly important for an intense game like monster hunter. No, dual analog is essential for action games and I was hoping capcom would give us it. 

As an aside, the only ds 3d action game I can think of is KH- which I remember as using the shoulder button for camera control. 

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:

I was wondering how long it would take for the touch pad to be brought up. But is not a suitable analog stick replacement. Moving back and forth from screen to buttons is terrible, as is the screen obsctuction that comes along with it. Its doubly important for an intense game like monster hunter. No, dual analog is essential for action games and I was hoping capcom would give us it. 

As an aside, the only ds 3d action game I can think of is KH- which I remember as using the shoulder button for camera control. 

Yeah, when I read his post I couldn't help but wonder how one would control the camera and use the buttons for actions simultaneously.

It's the same issue in Monster Hunter PSP and Peace Walker, only replace the touch pad with the analog nub.  Neither device can be used easily in tandem with the system's face buttons.

makingmusic476 said:
leatherhat said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:

Yeah, when I read his post I couldn't help but wonder how one would control the camera and use the buttons for actions simultaneously.

It's the same issue in Monster Hunter PSP and Peace Walker, only replace the touch pad with the analog nub.  Neither device can be used easily in tandem with the system's face buttons.

I mean, the control scheme will be functional but -just like MH psp and peace walker- it will leave you wishing for something better. 

Time for hype

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
leatherhat said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:

You can't use dual analog and buttons simultaneously either...

People have had dual analogs for so long they think they are the perfect controls for action, racing and shooting games ever just because they are so used to them.

But in reality, they are far from perfect. I think it's time we start to move away from DA and towards something new.

Than God for Nintendo or gaming would be stuck with the same old, stale and flawed controls forever.

makingmusic476 said:
leatherhat said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:

How would one do that with a dual analog controller hrm? Magically sprout a second thumb on your right hand?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I wouldn't see why you'd need the touchscreen, except for making items a helluva lot more accessible. You could run it the same way the Nunchuck scheme for three ran: move with analogue slider, camera with d-pad, and your face buttons do stuff too.

MH isn't really a game where you need to be constantly readjusting the camera as much anyway

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I wouldn't see why you'd need the touchscreen, except for making items a helluva lot more accessible. You could run it the same way the Nunchuck scheme for three ran: move with analogue slider, camera with d-pad, and your face buttons do stuff too.

MH isn't really a game where you need to be constantly readjusting the camera as much anyway

This is false. Monster Hunter's camera is 100% manual, so there is no automatic adjusting of your viewpoint whatsoever. With fast monsters like the Barrioth you can't afford not constantly adjusting the camera. When you use a bowgun, you need to aim constantly with the camera controls. When you swim underwater, you use the camera to change direction.

Camera control is one of the most important things of Monster Hunter.