By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR - Monster Hunter 3DS to be announced at Capcom Captivate 2011?

And again the content of my post is gone, what else is new?

Around the Network

SnS is amazing when you have sleep or paralysis and you're playing with a group online: the only good thing about SnS is the fact you can pull of many attacks in a small amount of time, thus inflicting lots of status hits on monsters.

When you play alone or with one other player, SnS is completely useless because it hardly deals any damage. I'm a Great Sword user myself, but online, any weapon has its strenghts and hunting works best if your party has a nice variety of weapons (ie. cutters, hammers and a bowgun).

Soriku said:

lol SnS is a piece of crap (compared to ther weps anyway. Morpheus Knife is good for Ala though) :P

Lance forever. Great offense and the best defense.

a man after my own heart

I pretty much only used lances

hellraider said:
platomaker said:

taking your fingers off the face buttons to control the camera sounds kinda lame.

(use wiimote/nunchuck for tri- can move, use camera, and switch between attacks without compromising hand placement- thank you capcom)

From this I have devised this idea,

You use the analog circle pad for movement (first thumb)

You use the face buttons X,Y,A, and B for camera (second thumb)

Index fingers for the shoulder buttons- attack and dash or dash and attack

the only properties being left out are shielding and dodging

if you're blocking you may not need the camera  and could just use your right or left thumb for the touchscreen. (input would be on both sides of the touchscreen for reasons stated below)

dodging is a bit trickier and would rely on the player setting up their camera angle ahead of time then blocking.

having the input for block and dodge along the corners of the touchscreen would allow players to change the camera angle and dodge with their left thumb (if in motion, why would you need to move?) or block and move- lancers please use your right thumb to block.

the middle of the touchscreen would be for items and ammo; the layout similar to MHtri.

Oh yea, and the types of attacks...maybe the attack button could be pressure sensitive much like street fighter games on the gameboy advance? The amount of time you have pressing down on the attack button would change the type of attack.

An alternative, not my favorite, would be to utilized the Dpad for the type of attacks, ... after the inital attack you could then choose your combo. This would limit your initial attack to be the same.

Update: forgot that if you try to run while wielding a weapon you'd block anyway. That and I still haven't addressed the input for wielding and sheathing a weapon...Touchscreen or select?

Have you ever played Monster Hunter?
Instead of all this overcomplicated and ridiculous scheme how about taking the inventory to the touch screen and the same way you would use the inventory (L y or a) you use the camera?

I'm playing it right now. I use the wiimote/nunchuck. I can move and use the camera at the same time, the different attacks are differentiated by the way i hold the wii mote so my thumbs never have to leave a button.

(btw: GS are overpowered...but could do for some more.)

You can still have the inventory and map on the screen.  This all may seem complicated, so did the wii controls when I first used it, but with a few tweaks this could be a solid set up.

platomaker said:
hellraider said:
platomaker said:

taking your fingers off the face buttons to control the camera sounds kinda lame.

(use wiimote/nunchuck for tri- can move, use camera, and switch between attacks without compromising hand placement- thank you capcom)

From this I have devised this idea,

You use the analog circle pad for movement (first thumb)

You use the face buttons X,Y,A, and B for camera (second thumb)

Index fingers for the shoulder buttons- attack and dash or dash and attack

the only properties being left out are shielding and dodging

if you're blocking you may not need the camera  and could just use your right or left thumb for the touchscreen. (input would be on both sides of the touchscreen for reasons stated below)

dodging is a bit trickier and would rely on the player setting up their camera angle ahead of time then blocking.

having the input for block and dodge along the corners of the touchscreen would allow players to change the camera angle and dodge with their left thumb (if in motion, why would you need to move?) or block and move- lancers please use your right thumb to block.

the middle of the touchscreen would be for items and ammo; the layout similar to MHtri.

Oh yea, and the types of attacks...maybe the attack button could be pressure sensitive much like street fighter games on the gameboy advance? The amount of time you have pressing down on the attack button would change the type of attack.

An alternative, not my favorite, would be to utilized the Dpad for the type of attacks, ... after the inital attack you could then choose your combo. This would limit your initial attack to be the same.

Update: forgot that if you try to run while wielding a weapon you'd block anyway. That and I still haven't addressed the input for wielding and sheathing a weapon...Touchscreen or select?

Have you ever played Monster Hunter?
Instead of all this overcomplicated and ridiculous scheme how about taking the inventory to the touch screen and the same way you would use the inventory (L y or a) you use the camera?

I'm playing it right now. I use the wiimote/nunchuck. I can move and use the camera at the same time, the different attacks are differentiated by the way i hold the wii mote so my thumbs never have to leave a button.

(btw: GS are overpowered...but could do for some more.)

You can still have the inventory and map on the screen.  This all may seem complicated, so did the wii controls when I first used it, but with a few tweaks this could be a solid set up.

Try the superior classic controller pro scheme where, if there will ever be a 3DS version, will be based on.If you have only played the wiimote nunchuck scheme i can understand where that ridiculous scheme you suggested before comes from.:P

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

SnS is amazing when you have sleep or paralysis and you're playing with a group online: the only good thing about SnS is the fact you can pull of many attacks in a small amount of time, thus inflicting lots of status hits on monsters.

When you play alone or with one other player, SnS is completely useless because it hardly deals any damage. I'm a Great Sword user myself, but online, any weapon has its strenghts and hunting works best if your party has a nice variety of weapons (ie. cutters, hammers and a bowgun).

yeah

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

In MHTri, Heavy Bowgun and SnS are the best to play if you are the support in the group you are in. The former auto guards with a shield part, can shoot a lot of different kinds of status bullets, and can heal people, the later just does a shit ton of paralysis or sleep depends on what you are fighting. If you are good at dodging then switch axe and long sword are the highest damage weapons overall, hammer is for breaking certain parts, and great sword is good in groups with a lot of status weapons/shots since you'd have more chances to do charge hits.