By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR - Monster Hunter 3DS to be announced at Capcom Captivate 2011?

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) is beautiful already, we don't need better graphics than this to enjoy the game.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Buzzi said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

people think theres no mistake in launching monster hunter tri for wii?

ok just look at the hundreds of multiplatforms on wii/ps3 and see the MASSIVE difference in quality.

monster hunter tri would have been tri times better on ps3.

please dont act clueless, its a FACT that better hardware can run better games......if it cant then we would all have atari 2600's.

So Wii should not have games ._.

You've also gott remember that it was initially a PS3 game, but was cancelled because it wasn't worth the price.

Tri was near-perfection. Aside from graphical fidelity, it wouldn't have been worth it. It wouldn't have been as well advertised, and likely wouldn't have sold as well, or at least not make as much money...

If this was true as well, why is OoT still number 1? And Galaxy 1 and 2 in the top 5???

yeah monster hunter is a game that relies heavily on core mechanics rather than graphics. Its the reason why lost planet 2 bombed on the HD systems. They had to focus their resources on the grahpical aspects and the game ended up a pretty game with boring gameplay.  Thats why RE4 is better than RE5, any Devil may cry for the ps2 is better than 4, the best castlevanias are the 2d ones etc.

His argument that better hardware leads to better games is a common misguided thought.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Would this be the first monster hunter game to use the MT Framework engine?

Things that make me excited for this game:

The 3d will not only make some cool effects (rathoilos fires balls and dive in attacks comes out the screen) but will also improve core gameplay since the depth makes u dodge attacks more intuitively.

This game may make the best use of Streetpass second to pokemon. Trading items and equipment etc.

Probably the first MH game that uses the MT Framework engine(I think). Might see lost planet type of graphics with monster hunter artistry.

Touch screen will make this game alot more easier to play. Camera control will easily be done by the touch screen also( mario 64 ds style)

when u are cooking u have to blow into the screen to keep the fire (LOL)

cyberninja45 said:
Conegamer said:
Buzzi said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

ok just look at the hundreds of multiplatforms on wii/ps3 and see the MASSIVE difference in quality.

please dont act clueless, its a FACT that better hardware can run better games......if it cant then we would all have atari 2600's.

You've also gott remember that it was initially a PS3 game, but was cancelled because it wasn't worth the price.

Tri was near-perfection. Aside from graphical fidelity, it wouldn't have been worth it. It wouldn't have been as well advertised, and likely wouldn't have sold as well, or at least not make as much money...

If this was true as well, why is OoT still number 1? And Galaxy 1 and 2 in the top 5???

yeah monster hunter is a game that relies heavily on core mechanics rather than graphics. Its the reason why lost planet 2 bombed on the HD systems. They had to focus their resources on the grahpical aspects and the game ended up a pretty game with boring gameplay.  Thats why RE4 is better than RE5, any Devil may cry for the ps2 is better than 4, the best castlevanias are the 2d ones etc.

His argument that better hardware leads to better games is a common misguided thought.

Very true. Don't forget about FF, GTA and many more.

Cyberninja, I don't think the engine has been specified

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
Conegamer said:
Buzzi said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

YEA its sad that they don't understand the most basic element of economics.  limited resources.

we can't just take any game and say if it were on say ps3 it would be better.  the graphics don't just magically get better, they have to sacrifice something else in order to improve graphics.  what that sacrifice is, we don't know, but its a guaranteed fact that something gets sacrificed.  

fps_d0minat0r said:

i hate it when people say everything is a fanboy war to avoid the blatent truth.

stop being so defensive and think about it...... what if you could play monster hunter tri except in HD, without annoying load screens, better online, better AI, better physics, better frame rate, better animation.

if expecting a better game means im a fanboy then i guess i am.....but in that case its a bad thing NOT being a fanboy and thats why i know your not a MH fan because you dont have high expectations.

So this is banworthy material nowadays?

I guess someone will ban me too, because I agree with this. The game would be better on HD consoles, without a doubt.

Antabus said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

i hate it when people say everything is a fanboy war to avoid the blatent truth.

stop being so defensive and think about it...... what if you could play monster hunter tri except in HD, without annoying load screens, better online, better AI, better physics, better frame rate, better animation.

if expecting a better game means im a fanboy then i guess i am.....but in that case its a bad thing NOT being a fanboy and thats why i know your not a MH fan because you dont have high expectations.

So this is banworthy material nowadays?

I guess someone will ban me too, because I agree with this. The game would be better on HD consoles, without a doubt.

you do realize that to achieve all that. The better ai, better physcis, better frame rate, better animation, better graphics, better ect, each of those elements takes TIME. 

so we either wait forever like final fantasy or some of those things need to be sacrificed in order to do another.  you don't just magically throw a ps3 sticker on monster hunter tri and everything becomes better.

so sorry if some of us don't think that slightly better graphics is worth waiting a couple years longer for the SAME game

Screw this I want GTA San Andres stories. With gta 4 ragdoll physics engine; With local Coop play through the campaign. Since yhe 2 players has his own screen and each can roam about the city freely unlike the coop for ps2. And there is this mechanic where u see a friend online trying to take over a neighbour hood and u can jion and help him.

YEAH BABY!!

Hisiru said:

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) is beautiful already, we don't need better graphics than this to enjoy the game.

Hahaha no.