By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263

In Europe and America it breaks records...but in Japan the reign was short...only after 4 weeks after release the 3DS is dethroned by the PSP in Japan!PSP is really showing muscles right now in Japan even after 6 years on the market!Overall its really good looking for Sony in Japan for 2011...Sony hardware and software is dominating the whole year till now!

Media Create Numbers:         3DS       - 50,710

PSP + Go    - 51,095

So whats your thoughts on that one?

Around the Network

i'm torn between  happy that sony is doing so well (as i am of course a fanboy) and sad about what this may mean for the future of 3D entertainment (of which i'm also a fanboy).

You know my thoughts from this just go to one thing.

NGP possibly outselling 3DS in Japan from the day it launches.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

and OP PSP is certainly not dead, the 2nd best game released thus far this year is on it! (sorry Dissidia 012 but sackboy is bettah)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

RolStoppable said:

Software sells hardware and the PSP has the strongest release schedule out of any system in Japan right now. People who thought that the 3DS would be sold out or in high demand all year long were kidding themselves.

lol I remember seeing a bunch of those comments on 3ds shipment news threads. saying ninty is stupid for shipping so little and that its good to pre order cuz it will be out of stock for months to come.

OT: I'm very happy for the PSP! i can't absolutely frigging wait to see what the Japanese devs have in store for the NGP considering how well they are still supporting the psp.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I'm not sure how long the PSP can hold out, when OoT releases in a few months the 3DS may kill the PSP and remain above it, or it could be a single spike and otherwise cause the 3DS to remain below the PSP on average, but I'll go with the death to PSP option

but on Nintendo's brightside, the 3DS will still beat the PSP worldwide :P

TeddostheFireKing said:

I'm not sure how long the PSP can hold out, when OoT releases in a few months the 3DS may kill the PSP and remain above it, or it could be a single spike and otherwise cause the 3DS to remain below the PSP on average, but I'll go with the death to PSP option

I think that would be the case if PSP doesn't get any good titles in the future as well which is not the case at all. FF Shiki is a good example. 3DS won't be 'killing' the psp for a while.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Well did people expect the 3DS to outsell the PSP when It's much cheaper over there and still has lots of support from Japanese companies? The 3DS is still too expensive and doesn't have any must have titles in terms of sales or ratings in Japan except for the new professor layton but I forgot if that was for 3DS or DS.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:

Well did people expect the 3DS to outsell the PSP when It's much cheaper over there and still has lots of support from Japanese companies? The 3DS is still too expensive and doesn't have any must have titles in terms of sales or ratings in Japan except for the new professor layton but I forgot if that was for 3DS or DS.

well it did get Layton, SF and Nintendogs. saying it doesn't have any must have titles is wrong to say the least.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

TeddostheFireKing said:

Nah Zelda will be one big spike but not enough for long term.What 3DS needs in Japan is brand new Pokemon with new engine and some fancy 3d effects.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB