By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My sister wants me to get Nintendogs, for those of you who played should I?

I say now, pay off the debt.

But more importantly this new Nintendogs game has foul creatures called Cats in it...If I were you I would stay away.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I remember the first one for the DS.  I was trying to impress this girl with it (what the hell was I thinking?) by telling the dog what to do with the voice commands.  That damn dog didn't do anything I said.  She wound up laughing at me.  It was so embarrassing.

As everyone else has already said, it's not worth going further in debt.

On the other hand, as a game, Nintendogs Cats ought to be fantastic. I was addicted to the original for days on end and the only reason Nintendogs Cats isn't my first 3DS game is because the shop I went to conveniently only had stock of the versions that weren't Golden Retriever and Friends, :O. (And, of course, the fact that Miyamoto betrayed us by getting a cat!)

Oh, and it's not a game specifically aimed at girls, even if you see more females playing it. Of course, I don't see how your manliness is affected by which games you play, either, :P. I mean, would you consider yourself juvenile for playing Mario?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Don't worry about labels such as "girls' game" -- which I think it is not. If you think you might enjoy playing it and believe it will help you to connect with her, you should buy it.

Considering your finances, I shouldn't have brought the 3DS in the first place, but that's your business to manage anyway.

Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:
Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:

No game is worth going further in debt..

How unamerican of you.

I'm dutch... I even split the bill for dinner with my gf.... >_>

I find splitting to be troublesome. Just take turn paying.

The problem with that is she might try and cheap out  on her turn.

I'm pro buying your own god damn food. Especially if you're with a broad that likes to eat out all the time.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The 3D effect is pretty phenomenal in Nintendogs Cats, and most of my game choices are related to the 3D experience, so buy it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Immortal said:

As everyone else has already said, it's not worth going further in debt.

On the other hand, as a game, Nintendogs Cats ought to be fantastic. I was addicted to the original for days on end and the only reason Nintendogs Cats isn't my first 3DS game is because the shop I went to conveniently only had stock of the versions that weren't Golden Retriever and Friends, :O. (And, of course, the fact that Miyamoto betrayed us by getting a cat!)

Oh, and it's not a game specifically aimed at girls, even if you see more females playing it. Of course, I don't see how your manliness is affected by which games you play, either, :P. I mean, would you consider yourself juvenile for playing Mario?

Usually up until Wii I had extreme faith in anything with the Nintendo logo (published by Nintendo) I didn't have to rent any games because I loved everything they made. But when Wii and DS came about and Brain Age launched , then WiiSports, WiiPlay, WiiMusic, WiiSports Resort. I no longer have as much faith as I hated all of those games.

As for the female part when the first one launched on DS Miyamoto said a big goal of the game would be to bring in female gamers. It appeared that Nintendo was targetting a female audience with it. However I liked Tamagotchi growing up and having never played Nintendo's wondered if it was targetted at girls.

The way my sister described it. She was like oh and you get to put your dogs in clothes and dress them up to make them look cute before taking pictures of them. That seemed targetted at girls and I was wondering if the majority of the game was that way?

Nintendo makes games the whole family enjoy. But yes their are some games I would consider myself juvinile to play. Like Dora the explorer or SpongeBob. Also CookingMama I'd consider a girls game, not that it would hurt my manliness to play it just doesn't interest me.

If I'm going to trade in two games or go further in debt I want to know the game is good and going to hold my interest. As for those saying wait for a price cut, the next price cut will probably occur in 2-3 years if one occurs at all. In the case that one does occur by that time I will have plenty of new games to play and will have no interest in Nintendogs.

However right now with only a few games out I am interested in Nintendog's. If I wait I won't end up buying it.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Cheebee said:

Wait- Nintendogs has online on 3DS?

I didn't think so untill my sister said it did. However I looked into it and she was saying things that could be done online. However quick research showed she was talking about SpotPass and StreetPass and not actual online gameplay.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I got it on launch day, it is an excellent game and much improved over the orginal. It is certainly worth buying even at full-price (and it is not specifically a girl's game).

However, if you are in debt you shouldn't be spending any money whatsoever on luxerys, you should focus on clearing your debst and taking care of essentials. The games aren't going anywhere but debt has a nasty habit of getting bigger.

Joelcool7 said:
Cheebee said:

Wait- Nintendogs has online on 3DS?

I didn't think so untill my sister said it did. However I looked into it and she was saying things that could be done online. However quick research showed she was talking about SpotPass and StreetPass and not actual online gameplay.

Ah... thought so.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046