By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My sister wants me to get Nintendogs, for those of you who played should I?

I bought 3DS day one and got Rayman and Ghost Recon. I am enjoying buth games and decided to call my sister and brag. But when I got ahold of my sister she said she had a 3DS and Nintendogs. She said Nintendogs was online compatable and that she wanted me to buy it.

I decided to look into it abit and realized that I have always wanted a Pomeranian in real life. She went on and on about how amazing the game was. She said their were some mini-games and that you do stuff with your dog.

Now I used to like Tamagotchi growing up. So i was thinking of picking up NintenDogs. Only thing is my sister is a girl and I know Nintendogs is aimed at girls. Since most members of VGChartz are male I'd like to hear if any of you have played Nintendogs.

Is Nintendogs an actual good game or is it just a bare bones simulator. Put yourself in my shoes I owe 1,200$ and only make 500$ a month so purchasing the game I need to know if its worth the hassle.

I notice nobodies talked about Nintendog's, so is it a good game worth going in debt another 50$?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

Put yourself in my shoes

I can't fit inside your shoes.

Galaki said:
Joelcool7 said:

Put yourself in my shoes

I can't fit inside your shoes.

My shoes are size 14 anyone can fit in my shoes lol, but seriously anyone play the game? I heard its better then the DS one?

-JC7

I only played and enjoyed the DS one. I don't think Nintendogs is a girls game. It's a game for everyone, like nearly all games from Nintendo. Maybe you should just try out the game of your sister the next time you meet her and judge by yourself. However, if I were in your shoes I would repay my debt and not buy any games, regardless of quality.

No game is worth going further in debt..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

This. You could have paid off a big chunck of your debt with what you already bought.

NiKKoM said:

How unamerican of you.

Pffft... Nintendogs. If I had a 3DS I'd be all over SSFIV. The thought of playing that online on a handheld console gives me a chub.

I'm reluctant to buy high priced useless crap when I'm in debt. Unless its delicious.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

As for what it is, Nintendogs is probably the best piece of software you can get.

But as others already said, it's peobably better to concentrate on reducing any debts.

Maybe your sister has the spare 40$ and will get you the game?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

hentai_11 said:

I only played and enjoyed the DS one. I don't think Nintendogs is a girls game. It's a game for everyone, like nearly all games from Nintendo. Maybe you should just try out the game of your sister the next time you meet her and judge by yourself. However, if I were in your shoes I would repay my debt and not buy any games, regardless of quality.

She lives 7 hours away, I rarely ever see her. We like playing games online together and that is one of the major reasons I am considering Nintendogs. I don't have any other online games to play with her or anyone for that matter. As for the debt, I know I'm an idiot but gaming comes first right after family and God in my life. Debt can be paid off but gaming can never be replaced. I love my video games.

But I gotta admit the credit card isn't helping these days. Every time I see a game I want I buy it as if I was still employed. Oh well I'll hopefully pay the debt off in a few months.

I probably shouldn't buy it, I'm buying OoT when it comes in a few months. Should save my money for games I want rather then finding new ones to want lol!

-JC7