By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do or don't you have PSN+?

d21lewis said:

I can make my own eggs, bitch.

lmao

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

I don't have Plus but I will be purchasing 1 month so I can use the cloud feature and transfer copy protected saves from my old PS3 to my new one without needing to reformat my drive with a complete transfer through an ethernet cable.

I need to do so in order to continue playing Nier.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I like owning shit....and if I really wanted to get a game off PSN, I would just buy it (really for me, that is one of the only benefits that matter).

Last month I almost joined PSN Plus, but have decided to not sign up after I found out that any free game download will expire once my subscription ends... So it feels like a rental service... not like I own the games for whenever I want.

Thus, I prefer to pay ful-price for a few select games that I choose and will never expire, than to pay for PSN Plus and expect a few random games come out for free (knowing they will expire later)...

The expire stuff is what has put me off, it is really that stupid. Makes PSN Plus look like a game rental service nothing more. I don't care for closed betas or earlier downloads, I hardly have time to play, I can just wait a couple weeks or so.

TheNoobHolocaust said:

Discounts, betas, and other PS exclusives, Its a great deal

this

Around the Network

i was debating whether or not to get it, but i ended up looking at what they had up and saw that they had three psn games up some minis, and a game i was gonna buy with a half off discount, so i ended up buying a year, buying the game i wanted and a second game that was discounted from 5 or 6$ to 2$ because thats a steal.

im feeling pretty good about it lol, already feel like i got my monies worth and i have like 14 months left

Like a few others have said, I was interested before I found out once your PSN subscription ends you lose all the free games you got. So it does feel more like a rental service other than a subscription for free games. I don't want to have to keep paying for PSN 5-10 years down the line just to keep the games.

I've got a lot of old games I need to finish and I don't buy that many PSN games anyway, plus I'd rather spend the cash on a game in the shops

I don't have it BECAUSE of free games and discounts. With PSN plus I'd feel obligated to get all the free stuff to make paying the subs value for money, and then I'd have a ton of games and spend too much time playing games when I have other more important obligations. So it's an exercise in self discipline for me.

Otherwise I'd have it.

If they made it compulsory in order to play online I'd just not play online because I prefer singleplayer/local co-op. Though if my boys wanted it bad enough then they could use their allowance to pay the PSN fee.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Lovin' my psnplus, bought 12 got 3 extra free!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?