By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do or don't you have PSN+?

I do not have it because I got Xbox Live so I do not need it.

Around the Network

i dont have it becasue if you dont renew your subscription you lose your 'free' games.

Unfortunatley, I don't have it.

I think the background downloading is sweet, cloud storage is cool for those that need it (not necessary for me with a 250 gb), and all the free games and avatars and things people get are awesome, but I don't even have enough time to finish the games I own now, let alone the massive backlog of games that I wish to purchase, so I don't quite see the purpose in having more games get put onto my backlog.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

rocketpig said:
d21lewis said:
rocketpig said:
d21lewis said:

The only thing I'd want from PSN Plus is the background downloading.

Wait, you have to pay for background downloading?

Jesus Christ, now I'm really going to go buy another 360. I may as well pay for the whole package that's more tightly integrated.

Really? They charge for BACKGROUND DOWNLOADING? My facepalm animation can't be violent enough to display how ridiculous I find this idea.

I was wondering why my PS3 wouldn't download shit in the background...

I think I phrased it wrong.  I meant to say the option to download when the system is powered off.  It's pretty cool to turn the console off and find all of your downloads are finished the next time you play.  On PS3, unless you have PSN Plus, you have to do it with the power on. Most things will let you download while playing a game (but not all).  It should be free, though.

Okay, that makes more sense.

Not a lot of sense because requiring someone to pay for such a thing is still fucking retarded but not quite as cork-on-the-fork stupid as it sounded at first.

Yeah, I had to clarify.  Otherwise, I expected a facepalm so powerful it would have caused blunt force trauma if I didn't.  Now, that facepalm should only cause mild bruising.

I don't have it,because I don't think it's worth it. I'll buy PSN games once in a blue moon, (will get back to the future game),but not that often and the free games are always pretty old. So the only reason I would want it,would be for the cloud storage and the chances of getting into beta's,but that's not enough of selling point for me.