By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - post your 3DS impressions here.

Played it all day yesterday, the 3D is great, the games I got with it was Street Fighter and Pilotwings, both are really fun, Street Fighter takes advantage of a lot of the 3DS functions like the coins.

Overall this is the best handheld launch ever and possibly the best handheld ever as far as entertainment goes. Showed the women at work and they freaked out at it, loving the 3D pictures.  Face Raiders is incredibly fun even as basic as it is.  The system update showed off a music video in 3D which makes me excited for future updates with 3D video recording and web browsing (watching you tube videos in 3D).

Overall, I'd give this launch a 9/10, one point off because there is no one title that I see myself talking about for years, Pilotwings is fun, so is Street Fighter IV, but something like Super Mario 3D at launch would have made the release perfect. There's a lot to keep you busy till more games release, the games that are out are plentiful and fun, the build quality of the 3DS is rock solid, and most importantly I'm really entertained.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I've only been taking one picture and getting near-perfect scores every time (usually a 28/30).

From what you've said, i think my problem is how i deal with the thermals, because i do notice that i lose a helluva lot of speed from that.

Just keep your nose level and you'll be fine.  My question is about the level where you have to reach 1500 feet and then land in roughly three minutes.  I three-starred it, but I was just short of 1500 feet, and I'm not sure how one's supposed to get a perfect score on that one: either time, height, or the bonus scores is always an issue.

Mad55 said:

Question is the 3d supposed to pop outta the screen cause i cant see shit!!!! i love the system but the 3d looks like well nothing where is the effect am I 3d blind? shit supposed to pop out right?

The 3D doesn't just pop out, it also adds depth and layers. An easy way to see this is to start up some software, then go back to the home menu and look at other games with that software still loaded.

If you can't see either the depth or the popping-out effect, it's possible you have a condition that renders you unable to see 3D.

RolStoppable said:

The 3D doesn't work and parts of the top screen seem to be damaged. The analog slider is of such bad quality that it makes me think it's just another d-pad. If that wouldn't be bad enough already, the graphics are lame too. I've only played Okamiden so far, but it sure looks like a last gen handheld game.

win

Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:

Question is the 3d supposed to pop outta the screen cause i cant see shit!!!! i love the system but the 3d looks like well nothing where is the effect am I 3d blind? shit supposed to pop out right?

The pencils on the Activity log icon pops out.

just tried that it jst looks weird but no 3d effect ahhh im 3d blind lol.

Have you tried playing with the grafitti game in AR? You can draw pretty much anything and have it pop out at you. I took a pic of a cup and drew somewhat of a mountain top and it popped right out lol

hmm havent tried that is that an ar game that needs to be unlocked?

Yep, you need to play the 3 AR games to unlock the other 3.

Okay cool and thanks.

how much something pops out depends on the game,  you also have to focus your eyes like you do everyday, as in you have to try to focus your eyes for closer objects, if you do it right, other areas are more blurred out. looking at 3D stuff is all about thinking that you are looking at regular everyday objects and not on a 2D plane which can be tricky at first.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=126430&page=1&str=1843812304#

I think I make my view pretty clear here

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well it's been an eventful 24 hours but I must say that I'm a very happy customer so far. The 3D effect is used very nicely within the hardware apps and its never used as a gimmick, everything the 3D affects is really enhanced rather well.

I've been messing around with this thing nonstop lately, and combined with my horrible allergies right now, my eyes are pretty tired haha.

The only issue I'm having right now is that whenever I go back to the Home Menu, there's a 1/10 chance of it staying at the Home Menu transition screen for up to 20-30 seconds. Kinda strange, but not really that big of a deal.

Just started playing around with the QR feature, and it's pretty handy, especially since we can't download new Miis a la the Check Mii Out channel yet.

I'm e njoying PilotWings quite a lot. I miss Mount Rushmore, but Wuhu Island is great otherwise, and of course the game plays as well as it ever did.

StreetPass is.... weird, in that it is kind of addicting. On my way home from work I took a detour through a shopping mall with an EBGames, just to see if I would meet more people (I did).

played it

i have to say i'm really excited, the 3D is real, did not expected it to be as good!!

no dizzyness or anything, just awesome 3D

it's true that 3D cannot be seen as good from an extreme angle (e.g. a person standing near you)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^