By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - post your 3DS impressions here.

dahuman said:
Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:
Christian973 said:
Mad55 said:

Question is the 3d supposed to pop outta the screen cause i cant see shit!!!! i love the system but the 3d looks like well nothing where is the effect am I 3d blind? shit supposed to pop out right?

The pencils on the Activity log icon pops out.

just tried that it jst looks weird but no 3d effect ahhh im 3d blind lol.

Have you tried playing with the grafitti game in AR? You can draw pretty much anything and have it pop out at you. I took a pic of a cup and drew somewhat of a mountain top and it popped right out lol

hmm havent tried that is that an ar game that needs to be unlocked?

Yep, you need to play the 3 AR games to unlock the other 3.

Okay cool and thanks.

how much something pops out depends on the game,  you also have to focus your eyes like you do everyday, as in you have to try to focus your eyes for closer objects, if you do it right, other areas are more blurred out. looking at 3D stuff is all about thinking that you are looking at regular everyday objects and not on a 2D plane which can be tricky at first.

Yea im noticing it know theres like depth with my characters on street fighter it looks really cool but no popping out as of yet but the 3d depth is nice.

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:
Mad55 said:

Question is the 3d supposed to pop outta the screen cause i cant see shit!!!! i love the system but the 3d looks like well nothing where is the effect am I 3d blind? shit supposed to pop out right?

The 3D doesn't just pop out, it also adds depth and layers. An easy way to see this is to start up some software, then go back to the home menu and look at other games with that software still loaded.

If you can't see either the depth or the popping-out effect, it's possible you have a condition that renders you unable to see 3D.

yea im seeing something now you guys suggestions gave me depth lol.

Mad55 said:
Mr. Fister said:
Mad55 said:

The 3D doesn't just pop out, it also adds depth and layers. An easy way to see this is to start up some software, then go back to the home menu and look at other games with that software still loaded.

If you can't see either the depth or the popping-out effect, it's possible you have a condition that renders you unable to see 3D.

Can u see clearly in both eyes(Near and far). If not, maybe u should see an eye doctor or somethin.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
Mad55 said:
Mr. Fister said:
Mad55 said:

Can u see clearly in both eyes(Near and far). If not, maybe u should see an eye doctor or somethin.

yea i have great vision which is why i was weirded. I just cant really see the popout effects.

Wow, my brother gave me a 3DS today as a belated birthday present. I hardly even wanted one, to be honest...

Anyhow, I still stand by my "fuck 3D" stance. Especially since I'm one of those people who can't stare at it for long without getting a nasty eye-strain.

The D-pad is a little awkwardly placed, but we all know that already.

Not much to complain about yet, but not much to praise, either.

Around the Network

Hrmph. Trying to perform ultras in SSFIV:3D is a pain in the ass with the 3DS' teeny and awkwardly placed D-pad. (And the touch screen controls make things a bit TOO easy.)

Ninpanda said:

Hrmph. Trying to perform ultras in SSFIV:3D is a pain in the ass with the 3DS' teeny and awkwardly placed D-pad. (And the touch screen controls make things a bit TOO easy.)

You're such a retro elitist snob.

Just got one today (I'm in australia...launched here today...next week we're getting colour tv!!!!)...

Anyways, impressions:

1. The 3d is better than I expected (not a fan of 3d usually but I like nintendo enough not to let it get in the way. Would've bought the damn machine either way. Usually a day one purchase kinda guy for nintendo consoles)...didn't make me dizzy but my eyes feel weird afterwards (as if they need to readjust...don't think I should play just before driving at this stage!)...will probably not use 3d much once the novelty wears off.

2. Probably wont play much anyway for the time being. Pilotwings is not out here for 2 weeks and that was the game I was really primed for. I have SSF4(which is pretty good but not the type of game I'd devote hours of gaming time to) and nothing else really grabs me as far as launch games go (except pilotwings)...even Steel Divers (which I woulda bought just for the hell of it) aint out here 'til may 12th...this country sucks sometimes. Slight possibility I'll pick up a Nintendodogs or Ridgeracer just for the hell of it...but only out of desperation (only reason I bought nintendogs for the ds)

3. Faceraiders seemed okay, hopefully see a fully developed game utilising the effects sometime soon...haven't checked out the card game thing yet. Will do tomorrow (it's late down here and I just got home)

4. The miimaker didn't create a very good likeness (unless I actually DO look like George Clooney and never realised it before!)...I read somewhere you can transfer mii's from your wii but haven't bothered looking into it yet. Is this true? Am too lazy to make another, so hopefully you can

5. What's the deal with the charger cradle? Can't you just use the charger like normal and get the same result or am I missing something?

Anyway,seems like a good machine so far but I guess I'll have to give it time to form a real opinion...some wicked looking shit coming up.

for now at least I still got Okamiden!!!!

Thankyou and goodnight!

RolStoppable said:

The 3D doesn't work and parts of the top screen seem to be damaged. The analog slider is of such bad quality that it makes me think it's just another d-pad. If that wouldn't be bad enough already, the graphics are lame too. I've only played Okamiden so far, but it sure looks like a last gen handheld game.

Double lol, too funny Rol...  =)

I got it launch day and it's one hell of a cool little machine.  Bought Street Fighter and its a lot of fun.  Really impressed with the 3d effect (the game looks great without it as well) and it puts a dumb smile on my face from time I turn it on to after I've set it down.  Lots of extras built right in and I'm sure a ton of stuff coming down the pike.  Should be really impressive what the devs do and how the games look in the future when they look this cool at launch.  So, ultimately I'm very pleased with the machine and my dollars spent thus far.

Ninpanda said:

ha, so you would rather have to push down, down, left, up, x, a, b, b or whatever for some move than have to push one button to do it?   or however the street fighter game works. 

i love when controls get EASIER 'hardcore' people complain. 

everything in life that we own and use we hope for it to be easy to use and do what we want.  engineers, designers, ect all work to make things easy for people and here you 'hardcore' people are compliaing that something is easy now.

hey how about you go back to using a slide calculator or other thigns,  they are much more elite than todays calculators.