By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you satisfied with PS Move?

Are you satisfied with PS Move?

Yes! 121 57.08%

No! 56 26.42%

Crysis 2 has the best graphics, EVA! 35 16.51%

Total:212

To begin with, Move technically only cost me $50 for the controller since I already had a PSEye in my bin of unused peripherals, so I didn't feel obligated to use it just because I spent money on it.

I honestly have to say that Move controls didn't make Heavy Rain more intuitive or natural to play, but admittedly I tried it for less than an hour before coming to that conclusion after a fair amount of frustration.

I actually purchased RE5 Gold (already bought non-Move compatible RE5) to try it out with Move, expecting the difference to be as big as it was between RE4 and RE4 Wii Edition. It wasn't, with some really questionable design decisions made in regards to the button and motion mapping for the Move controls. I actually ended up playing the back half of RE5 Gold with a standard DS3.

The addition of Move controls for KZ3, while a nice option, did not make the game easier or more intuitive to play and I haven't used it since to play. It's entirely possible that I'm so used to using an FPS Freak modified controller that I really don't need pointer based controls. I'll give it another try, but starting over with the new controls definitely brought my game down in Veteran mode, meaning there is a definite adjustment/learning curve involved.

The most use I got out of Move was Sports Champions, specifically table tennis. Best motion sports game I've played to date easily.

Other than that, no verdict; can't make a decision based upon the first wave of games, but I will say that it has not become my preferred controller for FPS games as I had hoped.

And I am planning on picking up at least one more Move controller for paired use or multi-person play if that says anything. No "it sucked so I sold it" stories here.

Also, the High Velocity Bowling Move controls weren't much of an improvement either. Wii Bowling is still more satisfying to play even if it is way too easy by comparison.

Around the Network

I hate my Wii and love my Move. The Move needs more games but I still play it.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

hardly used mine, tho i want to but i have lost interest in games at the moment, i will get into it when brink and portal 2 regen my gaming excitment 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I love it! it made me lose 20 pounds in 3 months. I have Sport Champions and The Fight: Light outs

I haven't really used mine, though I haven't really bought any games for it either. I tried the Killzone 3 demo with it and wasn't all that impressed, so I'm still waiting for a killer app of some sort. SingStar Dance is fun though.

Around the Network

Dissapointed so far. Not in hardware as technically it's very nice but it lacks good games and those that i could buy still keep starting price.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It's fun when you use it to play games like Killzone 3. works pretty good :D

NO! 

Most of move only games are rubish.

I need AAA, move only, greate controlls, innovative games !

It's cool enough, but I'm about a House of the Dead or two away from being really, truly satisfied with it. Chop, chop, Sega!

2000cc said:

plus there is singstar dance, which is amazingly fun and I play all the time, but that was purposely omitted as i doubt many here would be interested

The move gets a lot of use though

I'm surprised Just Dance 1 2 are doing so well, while Singstar gets no attention. It's an incredible game. I play it every time I have a party in my flat and it's always the highlight of the night. Everyone seems to like it, even people who are not into dancing games. There are a lot of songs to choose from and the fact that you can save parts of your performance and even upload them on facebook is awesome. None of my friend dances well, so the videos are hilarious.

I have many more Move games and I have to say that it's totally worth it.

Sports Champions: as a volleyball player this was a no brainer for me, although I was a bit hesitant at first, since I already have a wii and played wii sports for a long time. However, IMO it's nothing like Wii Sports. The precicsion is incredible and you get really invested in the game, as it requires a lot of effort and precision. You feel like you're actually playing the game, and not just a video game.

Start the Party: This game is really great for parties or for kids, but the single player gets boring after a few hours. I still don't regret buying it, as I had tons of fun with my friends.

Tv Superstars: A really, really bad game. I only paid £10, but still, not worth it.

Heavy Rain: Still haven't played the game, but pretty much everyone on the forums says that it's great with MOVE

Aragorn's Quest: A really bad Wii port. It's a shame that it doesn't really use Move's capabilities. It's like using a wii controller.

Get Fit with Mel B: an incredible game, if you you're into fitness games. It has pretty much everything that Wii fit lacks.

Blue Toad Files: A great game, but the game is just as fun without Move

Funky Lab Rat: A really cool and cheap game. Worth every penny. The Move is just ok in this game. Nothing special

Tumble: Probably the best Move game,, other than Sport Champions. At first I wasn't really interested in the game, as it looked a lot like Jenga, but after playing a few minutes I realised what an amazing game it is. The Move is worth a purchase even just for this game IMO.

(there is also echocrome 2, wihich has received great reviews, but I've only played the demo and it looked awesome. I'm only waiting for a price cut to buy it)

There are many more awesome games for Move (such as Time Crisis, the Fight) that I intend to buy after I finish the ones I already have. I think it has so many great games of many genres that it justifies the purchase for pretty much everyone.